This front office hates addressing the defense

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MizzouCowboy4, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Jinxx13x

Jinxx13x Well-Known Member

5,846 Messages
    9,365 Likes Received
    Just Keep Swimming Just Keep Swimming :lmao:

2. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

28,784 Messages
    31,509 Likes Received
    Boyhowdy, that just can't be stated any better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

28,784 Messages
    31,509 Likes Received
    Only if those 12 work out.

4. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

20,910 Messages
    15,038 Likes Received
    no luck involved

oh wait so Tom Brady was BB luck and so is Mac jones just fell to them and oh wait TJ Wat falling past us to PB all luck.,.that's the draft in nutshell, you got it it's how things simply fall into place you have plan you have board and Parsons was in fact on our board as high if not a higher grade then either of the two CBS but the CBs were targets of need bro.

dont you have some hamburgers to go make DAVE..Wendy's is calling , you are neglecting the fries section to a point you are way behind MacDonald's..stop focusing on salads and stuff get back to making better burgers and fries.

[​IMG]

5. blueblood70

20,910 Messages
    15,038 Likes Received
    no if half works out those are good drafts look around the league..

6. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

6,539 Messages
    8,732 Likes Received
    true, but that takes time. A lot of people around here think this is some overnight process. Young players have to develop and get up to speed. We’ll see, but I think they’ve done much better in 2 drafts than the previous regime.

7. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

13,308 Messages
    6,632 Likes Received
    This just isn't true, we address the defense plenty. Maybe not the positions we should on defense, and clearly not with the right players, but we spend plenty of draft capital on defense.

8. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,365 Messages
    518 Likes Received

9. blueblood70

20,910 Messages
    15,038 Likes Received
    that is exactly what i read of your stupid opinions. We are even..:rolleyes::angry:

Next

10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

66,524 Messages
    130,349 Likes Received
    They do a terrible job of evaluating defensive players and DL in particular.

TheDude likes this.
  11. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

7,306 Messages
    9,615 Likes Received
    My issue is why do they refuse to do anything in free agency when there are glaring needs on the team?

DuncanIso, 75boyz and CATCH17 like this.
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

66,524 Messages
    130,349 Likes Received
    They don't know there are glaring needs on the team.

13. calicowboy54

calicowboy54 Well-Known Member

977 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    Well to be honest they did spend an entire draft on Defense, so there is that. Now the players they draft are big question marks. that is where we need to change things if you ask me. We need better defensive scouting on DLINE and safety. LB and CB they seem to get right more than wrong.

14. Kingofholland

Kingofholland Well-Known Member

2,334 Messages
    2,268 Likes Received
    During the last 3 years the Cowboys have had a total of 10 picks in the first 3 rounds. Of the 10 picks, 8 went to address the defense. Additionally in 4 out of the last 5 drafts their top pick was spent on a defensive player. I get we haven't been big spenders in free agency aside from retaining our own, but totally agree we have addressed defense. Now if those players were all impactful acquisitions is a different story.

Big_D likes this.
  15. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

6,539 Messages
    8,732 Likes Received

Trysten Hill in 2019 was a desperation pick. When McCarthy walked in the door there was Hill and Woods at DT. I think the new coach has done a much better job. Garrett and Marinelli were just flat out terrible. This will take time and anyone looking for some overnight success story is fooling themselves. Doesn't matter what they spent beforehand. Most of those players on on their last legs. The D was a mess in 2019. It makes little sense to spend in FA when you're team isn't up to a certain caliber. This is a young D, I expect a few FAs in the next couple of seasons when players like Parsons, Diggs, Gallimore, Wright, Osa, Joseph etc start developing and improving.

Kingofholland and Streetwise like this.
  16. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

9,197 Messages
    10,129 Likes Received
    Of course they would take a linebacker instead of a defensive lineman. Why wouldn't you. I mean theres only 2 spots for LBers these days on the field and theres only 4 spots available for defensive lineman on the field. Who wouldn't rather have 7 linebackers as opposed to 3 defensive lineman. Makes cowboys sense doesn't it.

17. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

8,320 Messages
    5,660 Likes Received
    Reality is, they can draft offense better than almost anyone. Look at the last two franchise QBs.

They can't draft defense worth a damn. Especially after the first round.

18. Creeper

Creeper Well-Known Member

5,085 Messages
    6,674 Likes Received
    It's not the draft that is the problem, at least not completely and not for the past 2 years. The problem is free agency/trades and the salary cap management. The Cowboys are in desperate need of an impact DT. But for the past 2 years, there really was not one of those guys available to them in the draft. You can't fault them for not reaching for a position of need. For me the issue is they knew going into this draft that there were not really good DTs in this draft regardless of where they were picking. The sign Urban and Watkins but neither of those guys was every anything more than a JAG.

They needed to address the Safety position and I do think they tried to do that. Let's see what Hooker can do once he is ready physically to play full time.

The problem for Dallas is there is only so much a team can do in 1 draft, or even 2 drafts. If they are unwilling or unable to find quality players in free agency it hampers the team.

19. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

30,083 Messages
    12,280 Likes Received
    Jerry has this fantasy that the O will win the day.