Video: This has an ugly ending coming?

ondaedg

Reaction score
That is a question one must ask.

If the team already in the last 4 years paid contracts out to help Dak win..

and those contract were competitively obtained in the usual way..

and Dak as the QB could not win with them AND at times his play contributed to some of the losses..

how does making Dak the highest paid player in the NFL play better?

That is a stinker of a question but the answer has to be derived.

Dak will say he believes in himself.

So did Napoleon but he still ended up on Elba.

I just don't eat all of this.

Dak is just no longer a fit with this team anymore. He isn't worthy of taking the fame and history of the franchise back to where it should be.

I fully realize what's in the past is best left in the past. And that everything that is new is not always good.

Dak has no ability to just throw the team on his back and win it all. He has been given chances already and failed.

So now in order to succeed he gets the keys to Jerrah's biggest asset to prove he's the Holy Grail we have been missing at $40plus mil/yr ?

Man I hope not

Dude what in the world are you smoking?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Seems to me that if McCarty told Jerry that he was completely in on Dak then there would have been a signed contract.

I love Dak and would like to keep him but he cant be paid like someone that just led his team to the Super Bowl because he didnt. With that said, meet him halfway and I think that a few years from now his contract will look reasonable.
What you seem to think about McCarthy seems to be contrary to what he is publicly saying. McCarthy is a football guy and won't be interfering with business matters. That's the Jones boys realm of concern. Don't confuse the two. There is footballl = McCarthy and then there is business = the Jones boys.

I guess it's conveniently easy to forget this when you've convinced yourself it'd Dak's fault the Cowboys lost 8 games last season. The poor defense and ST had nothing to do with 8-8? The coaching had nothing to do with 8-8? No, it was all Dak, right? The #1 ranked offense had nothing to do with Dak? Having one of the highest career passer ratings among active QBs means nothing? 41 wins in 4 seasons had nothing to do with Dak? Having a higher red zone completion percentage in 2019 than Mahomes and Wilson means nothing? Despite all that, IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER. He sucks? No, I don't think so.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
When I think of the road loses at Chicago, New Orleans, New England and at Philly where a few more points would have won a couple of those games, I really have to wonder about this team and Dak Prescott and all that money. Top quarterbacks find a way to win a couple of those games with the offensive talent around him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Labor contracts for high dollars are always contested.

It's a player labor contract with a player labor union in the background.

All the other QBs in the labor union are encouraging Dak to stay put with his demands becuz they want DAK's results to help them with their contracts later on.

You will not hear that from the media becuz they are all union, too.

So be aware it's not just Dak vs. Cowboys or Jerrah.

It's the whole enchilada involved.

It's in both parties best interest to end this soon and shake hands and play ball.

True. I've attended labor union negotiations in the past as a member of a large labor union and as an observer of the proceedings. It's the responsibility of both parties to "act in good faith" during the negotiations and to abide by that policy. I felt the FO led him to believe he was elite as a player but, of course, that wasn't in the privacy of their negotiations, as far as I know. It was intended for public consumption. Naturally, Dak feels he's totally entitled to be paid as a reflection of such praise. Whether it's justified or not is up us to ponder, as individuals.

I'm sure the media wouldn't likely have reported it to reflect poorly upon the Cowboys' FO, so there's certainly that to consider, as well. I'll be among the first to attest to that much, since these negotiations are always hotly contested. I really hope both sides get this thing settled in the best interest of both parties before it degenerates into something damaging, before it's settled. I think most of us, as fans, feel the same.

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
True. I've attended labor union negotiations in the past as a member of a large labor union and as an observer of the proceedings. It's the responsibility of both parties to "act in good faith" during the negotiations and to abide by that policy. I felt the FO led him to believe he was elite as a player but, of course, that wasn't in the privacy of their negotiations, as far as I know. It was intended for public consumption. Naturally, Dak feels he's totally entitled to be paid as a reflection of such praise. Whether it's justified or not is up us to ponder, as individuals.

I'm sure the media wouldn't likely have reported it to reflect poorly upon the Cowboys' FO, so there's certainly that to consider, as well. I'll be among the first to attest to that much, since these negotiations are always hotly contested. I really hope both sides get this thing settled in the best interest of both parties before it degenerates into something damaging, before it's settled. I think most of us, as fans, feel it needs to be resolved ASAP.
Interesting your background with labor.

I worked as a paralegal for a 10 member firm. We had a staff of over 200+ working for these guys.

I would sit in meetings and the attorney and I took notes on the case. Then later we would meet and he would assign the case to a Jr. attorney or do it himself. I would log the case into the case computer and take the stips (stipulations) or evidence or statements and add for review.

It was really interesting. We worked on workers comp and union/labor disputes for clients. Major research goes with that.

So I saw alot of the legal hokus pokus.

Breach of contract was another biggie. As you said, some imploded promises may have been conveyed in this situation. There maybe part of the exchanges going on. Some give and take often has to be worked out by the parties.

I have no clues about anything in this matter except what gets leaked. Not sure I want to know. I am just a fan.

My only vested interest is another SB.

The end.

Always a pleasure, sir.

I give you my most humble..

"All my best.."

RB Express

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
When I think of the road loses at Chicago, New Orleans, New England and at Philly where a few more points would have won a couple of those games, I really have to wonder about this team and Dak Prescott and all that money. Top quarterbacks find a way to win a couple of those games with the offensive talent around him.
Can I hear an amen?

cern

Reaction score
Interesting your background with labor.

I worked as a paralegal for a 10 member firm. We had a staff of over 200+ working for these guys.

I would sit in meetings and the attorney and I took notes on the case. Then later we would meet and he would assign the case to a Jr. attorney or do it himself. I would log the case into the case computer and take the stips (stipulations) or evidence or statements and add for review.

It was really interesting. We worked on workers comp and union/labor disputes for clients. Major research goes with that.

So I saw alot of the legal hokus pokus.

Breach of contract was another biggie. As you said, some imploded promises may have been conveyed in this situation. There maybe part of the exchanges going on. Some give and take often has to be worked out by the parties.

I have no clues about anything in this matter except what gets leaked. Not sure I want to know. I am just a fan.

My only vested interest is another SB.

The end.

Always a pleasure, sir.

I give you my most humble..

"All my best.."

RB Express
The victor will never be asked if he told the truth...........

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The quote is from a German individual who ruled from 1933-1945. The originator of fake news.
Interesting dude.

I collect WW2 stuff..

I study all 3 sides, German Axis, Allied and Russian.

That SOB screwed up not taking England.

Had he done that, he would have stopped D-Day and had enough time to build his A-Bomb.

The World was nearly changed forever.

Funny you brought that up.

Thanx.

kskboys

Reaction score
I thought Steven and McClay were holding the line on the contract, and at the 11th hour Jerry panicked, jumped in and paid Dez what he wanted? Anybody else recall any of this?
No. Dez wanted 17, signed for the 14 they'd offered from the start.

ESisback

Reaction score
I’M SO SICK OF ALL THIS CRAP!! Stupid pride and ego! Let’s just function like he’s not going to be here. Draft a QB. Bring a vet FA in. Bite the bullet, even. JUST DON’T OVERPAY! No one is more important than the team!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
“According to ESPN NFL insider Chris Mortensen, Prescott's potential long-term deal saw "significant progress" recently.

Remember this thread from just 2 days ago?

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/chris-mortensen’s-dak-contract-update.456176/

Chris Mortensen >>>>>>>>> Shannon Sharp & Skip Bayless

I was going to point out the very same thing. One "insider" says that there has been significant progress and then other says there hasn't been any progress. This is exactly why I don't believe any of them until the actual people involved in the situation has made an announcement. All insiders think they have the right connections and their info is right but there is always conflicting reports.