This is sickening, but...

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The Skins have won back to back road games in the NFC East against quality foes.

They will be a force to reckon with this year.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
sick as it may be, if you watched this game you have to admit that washington looks like a real force on both offense and defense. NY as well. It will not be as easy as it was last year.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
They're playing decent football and things are falling their way. But if I had a choice as to whether to play the Commanders, Eagles, or Giants tomorrow, I'd choose the Commanders.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
theogt;2308473 said:
They're playing decent football and things are falling their way. But if I had a choice as to whether to play the Commanders, Eagles, or Giants tomorrow, I'd choose the Commanders.

this has got to be a lie. the skins have had our number recently, no matter how bad they have been.

EndGame

Reaction score
I hate to say it as well, but either they're for real or the Eagles aren't as good as we thought. And, I don't think the issue today was the Eagles.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2308479 said:
this has got to be a lie. the skins have had our number recently, no matter how bad they have been.
I see them definitely as the weakest of the 3 teams.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
windward;2308455 said:
The Skins have won back to back road games in the NFC East against quality foes.

Agreed, plenty of cocky fans around here dismissing the Giants and Commanders early and it looked like they are on par with us in every facet of the game.

It's gonna be a slug fest, especially once the temperature drops.

CNY Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
windward;2308455 said:

Maybe less quality then we think or hope.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
I'm actually more worried about the Giants than I ever thought I would be. After the early games today, I think the G-men are a lot better than any of us thought they were.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
the skins played damn good defense today. Offense scored 1 TD total for philly.

They pretty much dominated in every category again today. Especially in the trenches. 58 rush yards for philly? 203 for Washington!?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2308487 said:
Agreed, plenty of cocky fans around here dismissing the Giants and Commanders early and it looked like they are on par with us in every facet of the game.

It's gonna be a slug fest, especially once the temperature drops.

There's no reason we should have lost to the Skins this shouldn't be a close division we should be a lot stronger than what we are playing.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
ha we went from people considering us the best team in the NFL (dont care just makin a point) to 3rd place in the division even if we win today. that shows how crazy the NFC East is and well gotta admit that the Commanders might not have more talent but they do seem to play with more heart. Well play with more heart than just about everyone in the NFL not just us...

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Sure they look good, might be a bit early to call them "a force". The Giants look more like one.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
What's going to be sickening (to someone) is that one of these 4 teams in the East isn't going to make the playoffs.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Extreme;2308503 said:
I'm actually more worried about the Giants than I ever thought I would be. After the early games today, I think the G-men are a lot better than any of us thought they were.
Yeah this division is tough. But Seattle is notoriously bad on the East Coast.

Nevertheless I think there are 3 Super Bowl contending teams in the NFC and they are all in the same division.

Kobal

Reaction score
Agreed. They're damn good, fundamentally sound football team. :banghead: :bang2: :banghead: :bang2:

yentl911

Reaction score
The Giants and the Skins seem to ge the cream of the crop in the NFC right now...as hard as that is to say.

We are missing something - I don't know wehter it is emotion, coaching, etc...

I know this saying is getting old but with the "talent" we have we should be able to beat anyone. I am very disappointed in our defensive effort and production this year. I was fully expecting us to be much improved over last year. Boy, was I wrong.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2308511 said:
There's no reason we should have lost to the Skins this shouldn't be a close division we should be a lot stronger than what we are playing.

We should be a lot of things, but we aren't. So far I haven't seen anything that says we're the class of the NFC East much less the NFL.

We'll see how today goes, we've got to make a statement like the Giants did today against an inferior team.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
windward;2308522 said:
Nevertheless I think there are 3 Super Bowl contending teams in the NFC and they are all in the same division.
I couldn't agree more. The postseason will be brutal this year, like it hasn't been in a very long time. I can't wait :)