This is such an amazing team

superpunk

Reaction score
So talented, so fantastic.

I took a look at some of the preseason predictions for our regular season record. Obviously none of us know what will happen in the playoffs, that's part of the fun, so that really has no bearing on the discussion. In those prediction threads, most, including myself had us in the 11-5 to 12-4 range. Most of those losses that people were pointing out came early in our schedule, where we were playing alot of tough teams like Cleveland (keep in mind these were preseason predictions) and Green Bay on the road, Philly and Washington and then a tough offense in Cincinnati.

Now I'm assuming that when people were making these predictions they were going with a best or reasonable case scenario. Each of our first four opponents had records of .500 or better last season, and the only one who didn't have a record over .500 was Philly who dealt with injuries like they always do. Green Bay was an overtime away from the super bowl. Cleveland was explosive. Washington won a championship in their fans eyes with their second playoff victory in 20 years. So these were definitely talented squads we were facing.

I think the Cowboys hardly played "best case scenario" ball in some of those games. In every game, something was off - whether the defense was terrible, the playcalling and offense were crap, or they were just shooting themselves in the foot with stupid penalties.

But when you factor all that together with the fact that we played some very talented teams, and come out with a 4-1 result, I think you have to agree:

This is such an amazing team.

And it has the potential to be so much better.

juck

Reaction score
superpunk;2313158 said:
So talented, so fantastic.

I took a look at some of the preseason predictions for our regular season record. Obviously none of us know what will happen in the playoffs, that's part of the fun, so that really has no bearing on the discussion. In those prediction threads, most, including myself had us in the 11-5 to 12-4 range. Most of those losses that people were pointing out came early in our schedule, where we were playing alot of tough teams like Cleveland (keep in mind these were preseason predictions) and Green Bay on the road, Philly and Washington and then a tough offense in Cincinnati.

Now I'm assuming that when people were making these predictions they were going with a best or reasonable case scenario. Each of our first four opponents had records of .500 or better last season, and the only one who didn't have a record over .500 was Philly who dealt with injuries like they always do. Green Bay was an overtime away from the super bowl. Cleveland was explosive. Washington won a championship in their fans eyes with their second playoff victory in 20 years. So these were definitely talented squads we were facing.

I think the Cowboys hardly played "best case scenario" ball in some of those games. In every game, something was off - whether the defense was terrible, the playcalling and offense were crap, or they were just shooting themselves in the foot with stupid penalties.

But when you factor all that together with the fact that we played some very talented teams, and come out with a 4-1 result, I think you have to agree:

This is such an amazing team.

And it has the potential to be so much better.

Its crazy to think they played kinda crap yestaerday and still put up 31.Imagine if they click perfectly?Which is only a matter of time and a few injuries healing away.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Its all about enthusiasm with these guys imo.

We'd be better off playing the Giants every week than the Cardinals or any other middle of the pack team.

But Dallas will be judged in the playoffs. I cant wait.

superpunk

Reaction score
juckie;2313187 said:
Its crazy to think they played kinda crap yestaerday and still put up 31.Imagine if they click perfectly?Which is only a matter of time and a few injuries healing away.
Well said.

It didn't feel like the Cowboys scored 31 points yesterday, because they really weren't clicking. But at the end of the game, there it was - a 31 point performance and a 2-score lead to end the game.

They came through when it mattered. I think eventually we'll see them put it all together.

And that will be quite a sight.

juck

Reaction score
CATCH17;2313203 said:
Its all about enthusiasm with these guys imo.

We'd be better off playing the Giants every week than the Cardinals or any other middle of the pack team.

But Dallas will be judged in the playoffs. I cant wait.

I agree they seem bored.And garrett isnt showing much,not even putting TO in motion.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Washington did NOT win a playoff game last year!! :)

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
piggy backer!

It is a pretty fun team to watch, I never doubt we can pull them out, we seem pretty clutch.

superpunk

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2313213 said:
Washington did NOT win a playoff game last year!! :)

I'd like to thank my fact-checker, BigDfan5. I will not edit the original post, however. I prefer to be wrong.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm ready for that great game, few mistakes, no INTS/fumbles, no huge points given up by the defense, it's been a while, and I'm ready for one.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
juckie;2313187 said:

And people still forget we played that poorly againt the Skins (and they probably played as well as they could) and still had a shot to win it.

gazjor1

Reaction score
But can we get hot for these bigger games when we are playing mediocre football.

I mean we always slip down a notch in December and cant pick it up for January. Although this year it seems that we might have to fight through December instead

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
gazjor1;2313266 said:
But can we get hot for these bigger games when we are playing mediocre football.

I mean we always slip down a notch in December and cant pick it up for January. Although this year it seems that we might have to fight through December instead

I think its good we are getting these games now, last year we rolled too much. we paid for it, this is a great way to put guys in the right state of mind for when it matters.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Lets look at our amazingness.

Romo struggled.

He threw for 3 TDs anyway.

Offense struggled.

We still scored 31 points.

Anyone else wondering what this team could do when it finally clicks? Prepare for amazingness. And don't say superpunk, stealth, and I didn't warn you.

Remember how Romo keeps talking about the journey. Enjoy this one. We'll hit some bumps, for sure. But in the end, when we win it all, the journey will be what we remember: why we'll come to really appreciate this Super Bowl. If we could fast forward through time, why? It would take away from the amazing team we have.

Stop and smell the roses along the way. You'll appreciate it more in the end.

We aren't clicking yet. And our offense is scoring in bunches. Ouch.

Amazingness.

Last year we peaked early. People said they wanted to peak later.

We haven't peaked yet. People are complaining about it.

Enjoy the amazingness.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Vintage;2313309 said:

Romo struggled.

Offense struggled.

Anyone else wondering what this team could do when it finally clicks? Prepare for amazingness. And don't say superpunk, stealth, and I didn't warn you.

Remember how Romo keeps talking about the journey. Enjoy this one. We'll hit some bumps, for sure. But in the end, when we win it all, the journey will be what we remember: why we'll come to really appreciate this Super Bowl. If we could fast forward through time, why? It would take away from the amazing team we have.

Amazingness.

Enjoy the amazingness.

agreed!:hammer:

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I agree, this team is amazing. In a way, I am happy that we have had to scrape our way to 4-1. Teams are making TO and our WRs work to get open, roughing them up every play, which is the type of defense referees allow in the post-season but usually get flag happy on in the regular season. Both offensive and defensive units should be much more improved by the end of the season than if they just easily cruised into the post-season.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hooray! Some positive spin around these parts. Where ya been, punk? We could've used you yesterday right after the game.:laugh2:

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Vintage;2313309 said:

Romo struggled.

Offense struggled.

Amazingness.

Enjoy the amazingness.
:bow: So true...