This is the week!

superpunk

Reaction score
That we put it all together.

It has to come at some point - an amazing offensive, defensive, and special teams performance. There's just something about playing the Cardinals that brings out the best in you. Hell, we've got Brenda Warner in the house, we've got 48 year old white dudes making crappy raps, we've got adversity in the secondary against a great passing team - all the signs are there.

I do not envy Arizona the beating they are going to get on Sunday.

Look out for the complete game this weekend, fellas. Can I get a hallelujah!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Im not feeling it this week.

I think we'll get a W for sure. But nothing thats impressive enough to stop the hating from our own fan base.

We are a great road team though. Not good, GREAT.

So it wouldn't shock me if your prediction is right.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;2325261 said:
That we put it all together.

It has to come at some point - an amazing offensive, defensive, and special teams performance. There's just something about playing the Cardinals that brings out the best in you. Hell, we've got Brenda Warner in the house, we've got 48 year old white dudes making crappy raps, we've got adversity in the secondary against a great passing team - all the signs are there.

I do not envy Arizona the beating they are going to get on Sunday.

Look out for the complete game this weekend, fellas. Can I get a hallelujah!

I hope you're right, but there were a lot of distractions this week, not to mention our best CB is out. I'd like to see a win obviously, but frankly, I'm not as optimistic as you are in that this is the week "we put it all together."

I hope I'm wrong, but I never am.

Boysboy

Reaction score
CATCH17;2325275 said:
Im not feeling it this week.

I think we'll get a W for sure. But nothing thats impressive enough to stop the hating from our own fan base.

We are a great road team though. Not good, GREAT.

So it wouldn't shock me if your prediction is right.

Aren't most of the pundits picking the Cards?

Like I said in other threads-when we're expecting to annihilate the other team, we either barely win or lose(Eagles, Skins, and Bengals). But OTOH-when we're expected to lose, we win by doube digits(Browns and Packers).

With that being said, I'm not feeling too easy, especially after the way we played and what went on at Valley Ranch over the last 2 weeks.

And yes-even if we win 31-17 or so, 90% of Zoners will start alot of negative-bashing threads ad-naseum.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Keep in mind, it's this kind of optimism that sets people up for pessimism when we have a good game.

For those of you with grandiose expectations that can't handle it when we don't blow out our opponents, take one of your meds before game time. This way you will spare all of us your extreme over-reactive tendencies.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Can we stop calling a good game before we have them?

Seems that hasn't worked all that great this season.

knoimsayin?

Mansta54

Reaction score
stealth;2325286 said:
Can we stop calling a good game before we have them?

Seems that hasn't worked all that great this season.

knoimsayin?

Actually, I don't mind us having to work for that W, especially in Sept Oct or even Nov. We rolled teams last year and lost focus down the strectch. Earning and working for that W, keeps that focus and edge during practices... I think this team is in fine shape...

Boysboy

Reaction score
Mansta54;2325289 said:
Actually, I don't mind us having to work for that W, especially in Sept Oct or even Nov. We rolled teams last year and lost focus down the strectch. Earning and working for that W, keeps that focus and edge during practices... I think this team is in fine shape...

*shrugs* even when we WERE rolling over opponents last year, there were tons of negative-bashing threads nonetheless. Remember after the first Philly game when we annihilated them, there was this mega-long Jacques Reeves bashing thread b/c he gave up a long pass play to Reggie Brown...this was BECAUSE the field was sloppy and he had to ADJUST his cleats afterward.

When someone pointed this out(and even DFW media members did so as well), other posters started attacking this person and called him a BLIND HOMER.:mad:

Mansta54

Reaction score
Boysboy;2325296 said:
*shrugs* even when we WERE rolling over opponents last year, there were tons of negative-bashing threads nonetheless. Remember after the first Philly game when we annihilated them, there was this mega-long Jacques Reeves bashing thread b/c he gave up a long pass play to Reggie Brown...this was BECAUSE the field was sloppy and he had to ADJUST his cleats afterward.

When someone pointed this out(and even DFW media members did so as well), other posters started attacking this person and called him a BLIND HOMER.:mad:

The negative threads don't really bother me. It's such over reaction and most of them posting don't really know the game very well anyway. I really don't pay much attention to them...

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
190141861_0b93185f7a.jpg

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2325284 said:
Keep in mind, it's this kind of optimism that sets people up for pessimism when we have a good game.

For those of you with grandiose expectations that can't handle it when we don't blow out our opponents, take one of your meds before game time. This way you will spare all of us your extreme over-reactive tendencies.
:hammer:

BTW, I agree with Catch. PHX is good at home this year, and we have had some distractions this week, so I wouldn't be surprised at a game like the Bengals one. But on the other hand, we usually stomp mudholes on the road. So a great showing wouldn't surprise me, either.

superpunk

Reaction score
Amen IMO.

We're gonna squash this team. We haven't had a complete game all year. This week, the complete game cometh. Get ready for a pretty sweet ride.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope you are correct but I expect a tough game. Perhaps only a 3 or 4 point W.

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
I think you are right Big Dog. The Card fans are amped for this game and I would bet anything that the Cards team will be up for this as well. I Just think this will be a high scoring affair and whoever has the ball last will be the winner.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2325386 said:
Amen IMO.

We're gonna squash this team. We haven't had a complete game all year. This week, the complete game cometh. Get ready for a pretty sweet ride.
Shout shout.

superpunk

Reaction score
Don't hassle yourselves with suppressed expectations, bros.

This is the freaking Cardinals we're talking about. I know they rolled up on Miami and Buffalo. I can't even begin to explain to you how much of an accomplishment that isn't. Almost as much as I can't begin to construct a sentence containing more than that quintuple negative or whatever.

No matter what happens, they're always the Cardinals. Did you see what Brett Favre and Lav Coles did to them? That's childs play.

CHILDS PLAY!

Join the revolution. Come on in boys...the water is fine.