CFZ This is the Year to Go All In

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Make those trades to go for it all this year. The tide is turning where Rodgers and Brady are on their way out the league. Brees is gone. Russell Wilson is no longer here or a thread. The other top 3 teams record wise is Eagles, Vikings, Giants.

We all know Giants are playing way above their means. We beat them on the road with Rush. They will come down to earth.

Vikings have Cousins so that automatically means they don't need to be feared. They do have offensive talent but when he's under center, he will never fully maximize it over a season.

With the Eagles remaining schedule, they could possibly be the #1 seed. But they aren't some team you point to that's head and shoulders above everyone like we have seen with top teams in the past.

NFL window is way too short o make long term plans. We are 6-2 and should be a playoff team barring a massive collapse. I'm seeing teams make moves for draft picks in the 4th round range. You make those moves all day long. Any round after 3 is a huge crapshoot and you'd rather have a proven vet that can come in right away to help.

We made a huge trade in 2018 to salvage our season. Why not make some moves to sure up an already solid roster to make a big run the last half of the season?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Should have went all in last year. If we could get another CB or WR i'm all for it.

Reactions: BAT

terra

Reaction score
For the first time in over a decade we have a quality D and can also put points on the board.

I agree that the one real concern is coaching; but then rodgers only got to the SB with MM so maybe?
KM does worry me since he is NOT a boy genius like the clown show maintains.

On the other hand we got a DC that is one of the best we have had in a VERY LONG TIME.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
After 27 years, we got them right where we want them. Great plan by GM Jerry. LOL....:laugh:

Majic

Reaction score
Doubt 1 player makes a difference.

Why not try and sign OBJ and not give up picks?

terra

Reaction score
Doubt 1 player makes a difference.

Why not try and sign OBJ and not give up picks?
that guy just worries me as regards how stable he is and what kind of locker room guy he is

75boyz

Reaction score
Make those trades to go for it all this year. The tide is turning where Rodgers and Brady are on their way out the league. Brees is gone. Russell Wilson is no longer here or a thread. The other top 3 teams record wise is Eagles, Vikings, Giants.

We all know Giants are playing way above their means. We beat them on the road with Rush. They will come down to earth.

Vikings have Cousins so that automatically means they don't need to be feared. They do have offensive talent but when he's under center, he will never fully maximize it over a season.

With the Eagles remaining schedule, they could possibly be the #1 seed. But they aren't some team you point to that's head and shoulders above everyone like we have seen with top teams in the past.

NFL window is way too short o make long term plans. We are 6-2 and should be a playoff team barring a massive collapse. I'm seeing teams make moves for draft picks in the 4th round range. You make those moves all day long. Any round after 3 is a huge crapshoot and you'd rather have a proven vet that can come in right away to help.

We made a huge trade in 2018 to salvage our season. Why not make some moves to sure up an already solid roster to make a big run the last half of the season?

Great summary and post. Totally agree with everything.

davey999

Reaction score
You don't need to go "all in". Trade a 3rd rounder for a WR, and sign William Jackson.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I don't think they should go all in on this year. They have built what might be one of the top 3 teams in the league by drafting. Don't screw up the cap and give away draft capitol, when you got to the top of the NFC by drafting.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Unless there’s another Josh Allen out there. There is no one better

Then you agree that paying a QB a cent more than league minimum or a cent more than a rookie contract doenst make sense unless they are Brady?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
that guy just worries me as regards how stable he is and what kind of locker room guy he is
Everything I'm hearing lately says he's a very good locker room presence. I hated the guy the first few years, but it seems like he's turned himself around.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Then you agree that paying a QB a cent more than league minimum or a cent more than a rookie contract doenst make sense unless they are Brady?
I never said one word about the salary cap. I have no problem paying Prescott that money. It’s dead down the road. Quarterbacks are already getting paid more. So what’s your point