This is why you have to consider all options at 10

kskboys

Reaction score
I think the Jones boys are pretty predictable. Always looking to run to the press conference declare they got a player that was higher on their boards. I think Chase could be rated the 2nd player on our draft board. I don’t think they pass on the player.
Holy crapp. Only Jerry would be so stupid. We are loaded at WR. Taking another w/ the 10th pick in the draft would be beyond stupid.

If a WR is rated a 9 (out of 10), and a DT or S is rated an 8.6, the rating of the DT or S climbs dramatically because you must add in the factor of how much better that player makes our team. A WR, no matter how good he is, would improve our team only slightly. A DT or S would improve our team dramatically due to the extreme upgrade.

The draft is not about just taking good players. There is so much more to it than that. Teams who draft using just BPA fail, and fail miserably.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I think the Jones boys are pretty predictable. Always looking to run to the press conference declare they got a player that was higher on their boards. I think Chase could be rated the 2nd player on our draft board. I don’t think they pass on the player.
Ewww but i hear you

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Very well said.

Especially considering that evaluating players is not even close to being an exact science. It always cracks me up when people scream "BPA", when there's actually no such thing, as these players are prospects, and you can only evaluate on projection.
Bpa no matter what!!!!:laugh:

Brooksey

Reaction score
If Pitts or Parsons fall, you make the pick. None of these corners or D-lineman are elite enough to pass on that talent, the only position i'm passing on is WR (Waddle and Smith) unless Chase a top 5 fell.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
For you needy folk.

On face value, a TE at 10 seems ridiculous but while the Cowboys have a lot of skill position talent on offense and have an emerged Dalton Schultz as a legit starter they do not have this kind of dynamic presence at the position. (First one to say Blake Jarwin gets Butcher head noogies.)

That's not to say he's my target. I want to use that pick for a QB. Probably in a trade up. But this is why you acquire talent in the draft and why you must consider Pitts because he gives you something special.

Awesome talent...but TE Kyle Pitts would be a luxury this team doesn't need. Cowboys have 3 very formidable TEs (Jarwin, Schultz and Bell) who are very good and fill the need at TE.

Whom I do like in the video gif as a mid-to-late round project is Florida's QB Kyle Trask. I would definitely take him as a prospect to build up with time, coaching and experience.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If they draft one more player to try and help Dak Im gonna explode. This team needs a QB or defense!

cnuball21

Reaction score
Thought pretty much the entire 1st round was for luxury for every team unless they had an obvious hole to fill due to injury or retirement. Round 1 should be all about obtaining the best player you can get regardless of need. Round 2 is when you start going for need because it’s a bigger crapshoot each round thereafter. You just hope you hit most of them right.
That’s just me.

If Farley is gone and Parsons DOES have character issues I don’t think there’s a defender that’s even close to Chase / Pitts.

I love Ojulari, and I’d take him at 10, but he’s not at their level.