Twitter: This one hurt the most

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
As long as Jason Garrett is here we will never have to endure that pain againo_O

Jerry would be wise to keep JG for life because it seems fans have become so obsessed with Garrett they've forgotten the Cowboys already had 13 years of nothing (under Jerry) before Garrett became head coach.

Garrett isn't the problem in Dallas. He's a symptom.

yimyammer

Reaction score

nE3Bn58.png

Flamma

Reaction score
had the tight end not dropped pass in endzone we would have 6 trophies..

I'm not sure. Cowboys even lost to them in the regular season in 1977. What aggravated me more about that SB was the fact the Steelers had a 21-14 lead in the first place. Tied 7-7 two Cowboys maul Bradshaw and Henderson strips and runs it in for the 14-7 lead. Bradshaw limped off after his 3rd turnover. The Cowboys had all the momentum. What the hell happened? And Bradshaw probably played the rest of the game with a mild concussion.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Although Garrett is not the coach for this team, before he came along, Dallas wasn't doing squat. Garrett's intelligence, will always be questioned, as to why hang around in Dallas, when there's better opportunity to flourish elsewhere.

Money cannot be the driving force behind his tenure. Maybe he knows, his limited abilities will not be tolerated anywhere else. In my opinion, the GM, is the central figure in this teams yearly demise. His relationship with the owner is too familiar.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm not sure. Cowboys even lost to them in the regular season in 1977. What aggravated me more about that SB was the fact the Steelers had a 21-14 lead in the first place. Tied 7-7 two Cowboys maul Bradshaw and Henderson strips and runs it in for the 14-7 lead. Bradshaw limped off after his 3rd turnover. The Cowboys had all the momentum. What the hell happened? And Bradshaw probably played the rest of the game with a mild concussion.
I still say that was the greatest Super Bowl ever! I don't think you'll see that many Pro Bowler and Hall of Fame players on a Super Bowl field again.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry would be wise to keep JG for life because it seems fans have become so obsessed with Garrett they've forgotten the Cowboys already had 13 years of nothing (under Jerry) before Garrett became head coach.

The other thing fans need to realize and admit. After the triplets were all gone, did anyone really thing they were going to still be contenders.
After Aikman and Irvin was gone, did anyone really think Emmitt was going to carry the team as great as what he was.

So after the SB's and free agency took apart the team basically. No way was this team going to compete. Add Jerry's goof ups, and they were going to have at least 5 to 8 years before they could be good again. Enter Parcells, which he was as good as he was bad for the team.

So this 23 pus years is really just a whiners whine. More like12 to 15 years have been wasted. Which is still way too long for all the talent they keep saying we have. So it is the coaches. And actually not as much talent as they tell us. But we all know that.

Reactions: CWR

cowboyec

Reaction score
I don't think we recovered from that loss for the rest of Coach Landry's era.
we win that game....we win those 3 NFC Title games in the 80s....or at least 1.
It wasn't the catch that we didnt recover from....it was this'n here.
and despite that loss....I wouldnt trade those times for nuttin'.
:starspin:'Merica's Team:starspin:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This x 1,000,000. The reason this team is in a 24 year drought is Jerry.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

NO 3 And have hated the Steelers with a vengeance since then!

I was a Jr in college watching SB 13 with friends. I was nearly 21 and I remember it like it was yesterday. That loss hurt more than any Cowboys loss in my entire 61 years of life.

I wish our younger fans could have experienced what it was like to play in 5 SBs over 9 seasons. It might make the lameness of the reign of error orchestrated by Jerry have more context.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Although Garrett is not the coach for this team, before he came along, Dallas wasn't doing squat. Garrett's intelligence, will always be questioned, as to why hang around in Dallas, when there's better opportunity to flourish elsewhere.

Money cannot be the driving force behind his tenure. Maybe he knows, his limited abilities will not be tolerated anywhere else. In my opinion, the GM, is the central figure in this teams yearly demise. His relationship with the owner is too familiar.

Thought tuna was here before red? May be wrong feels like he has been here as long as Tom Landry.