Twitter: This one hurt the most

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
had the tight end not dropped pass in endzone we would have 6 trophies..

Maybe. What people don't remember is that the drop happened in the 3rd qtr with Pitt leading 21-14. The final score was 35-31, so one could say the drop is what lost the game. In reality, a lot happened after that, and if Jackie had caught the ball it would have merely lead to a 21-21 tie. Neither defense had much success stopping the other after Dallas made the score 21-17.

Others have said this game is when they started hating Pissburgh. For me it was after SB 10, coupled with the fact a friend of mine down the block became a bandwagon fan of theirs. He became 'former' friend after SB 13.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Me too. I can't watch that Super Bowl on replay because I get too mad.
tyke --- i feel though for Jackie the tight end who dropped it...heard it has haunted him for decades...i remember Staubach after game saying...not really Jackie's fault i threw ball behind him...Staubach always had class

tyke1doe

Reaction score
tyke --- i feel though for Jackie the tight end who dropped it...heard it has haunted him for decades...i remember Staubach after game saying...not really Jackie's fault i threw ball behind him...Staubach always had class
I feel for him too. He and Scott Norwood, reliving Super Bowl nightmares over and over and over again.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I feel for him too. He and Scott Norwood, reliving Super Bowl nightmares over and over and over again.
oh man Norwood miss ...i remember the look on "Tuna's" face...he was over the moon

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe. What people don't remember is that the drop happened in the 3rd qtr with Pitt leading 21-14. The final score was 35-31, so one could say the drop is what lost the game. In reality, a lot happened after that, and if Jackie had caught the ball it would have merely lead to a 21-21 tie. Neither defense had much success stopping the other after Dallas made the score 21-17.

Others have said this game is when they started hating Pissburgh. For me it was after SB 10, coupled with the fact a friend of mine down the block became a bandwagon fan of theirs. He became 'former' friend after SB 13.
acr..oh man i remember i was in 11th grade first time Pitt beat Dallas 21-17 in super bowl....since i was not 21 i went to liquor store and paid a guy to buy me a six pack of Old English 800 and sat by the creek and got drunk by myself...i think that is what opened the door to later alcoholism...glad i got past that....but back to that game.... that Swann catch is what demoralized me....defender played it great but Swann played it better...super bowl 13 i was in US Navy stationed in Japan but the ship had gone south to the Philippines for a couple months...( total adult disneyland and i was only 19 and not experienced )...i watched part of the super bowl at 3am Philippine time early Monday morning and was drinking San Miguel brewskies getting ready for work day at 7am....so the pain watching Jackie drop the pass and cowboys losing did not really hit me until later....dont know why i went into the weeds...TMI