Twitter: This penalty stat for the season will make you sick

exciter

Reaction score
NOPE WRONG the Cowboys were a heavily penalized team when he was the head coach as well!
You sure? I seem to remember at least a couple games they went into the 3rd or 4th quarter before getting popped. Can’t remember it ever seemed like they got more than 5 but then I’m getting too old!

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
NOPE WRONG the Cowboys were a heavily penalized team when he was the head coach as well!
The were 10th best in penalties per game on 2003 and 2004, 7th best in 2005 and 21st in 2006.

Never in the bottom 10

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that was one of the reasons he got out, he couldn't do anything about it because of the lack of depth. You could see the frustration on his face with those pre snap penalties.

He reminded me of Landry and Pozderac. I was concerned that a fine man like Tom Landry might actually slay him in the showers if they didn't get rid of him. However, I liked Tom's chances of a favorable verdict of justifiable homicide.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I’ve always believed penalties are the results of a lazy team. Teams that try to do things the easy, lazy way or don’t have the fortitude to maintain integrity.

Good example: getting caught reaching for blocks and then holding on.

It’s absolutely the culture and it starts at the top. The head coach is just a figurehead in Dallas. Everything begins and ends in the FO.

Former players have even come out and said when they didn’t like things they went to Jerry, not the HC. It’s a three-ring circus that’s absolutely just about $.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
And the other problem with that is, when you start getting these amount of penalties, it puts you under a microscope from the ref crews. They're ready to call everything on you.

Pentagruel

Reaction score

What the actual hell is this? Is this real? Statistically it seems this is impossible to be that far ahead of second most penalized.

Rayman70

Reaction score
and MM is safe & Mike Fisher says its the right thing and we better be quiet and like it. Because his daddy Jerry said so. This culture issue we talk about runs deep and its in the Dallas media.He has paid them well.They run damage control for him.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I remember Parcells saying 100 yards = 7pts. Do the math....add another 91pts to our total for the year....just makes you sick to see how much we were targeted by the league.
That makes sense, since a field is 100 yards long. I wonder if MM is letting these Cowboys know that.