Twitter: This shows what’s wrong with Jaylon

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The problem is our DT’s have sucked and are undersized for years.

Not so undersized last year. We quietly got bigger at DT. At least when healthy. Woods at 318, Collins at 308. 6-4 when Woods played, 2-4 when he didn't.

We did have problems when rotating. In some game they put Hyder at RDT, Covington at LDT. They were just getting run over.

"Next man up." "We do what we do." That rushmen rotation is the way to go when everyone stinks, but the starting dline was ok to very good, and just should have played more. The 100 Million Dollar Man only played 62% of snaps, and didn't miss a single game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, the combine is so dumb. I don’t even know why scouts and GM’s pay so much attention to such stupid skill challenges :rolleyes:

I mean who cares if an O lineman can only bench press 225 five times, that should have no impact on where he’s drafted (even though he wouldn’t be). Cone challenges, QB’s throwing to receivers, 40 yard dash...all garbage.
Wait. You think this is footage from the combine? Jesus......

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Yeah, the combine is so dumb. I don’t even know why scouts and GM’s pay so much attention to such stupid skill challenges :rolleyes:

I mean who cares if an O lineman can only bench press 225 five times, that should have no impact on where he’s drafted (even though he wouldn’t be). Cone challenges, QB’s throwing to receivers, 40 yard dash...all garbage.
great post. Skill challenges are there for a reason. It’s not the ultimate deciding factor but it gives you insight on a players athletic ability, Strength, speed, agility ect.

aria

Reaction score
Wait. You think this is footage from the combine? Jesus......
Hell no but you said skill challenges are dumb which is what the combine is. I don’t care if it’s a pro bowl, combine or challenge in the front yard, I would always try to win because I hate losing at anything. So either Jaylon is weak or has a loser mentality (especially for a professional athlete) by not giving 100% in a competition. The guy literally solicited fans for votes and this is the effort he gives? Grade A loser, not the type of player I would want on my team or as a teammate.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hell no but you said skill challenges are dumb which is what the combine is. I don’t care if it’s a pro bowl, combine or challenge in the front yard, I would always try to win because I hate losing at anything. So either Jaylon is weak or has a loser mentality (especially for a professional athlete) by not giving 100% in a competition. The guy literally solicited fans for votes and this is the effort he gives? Grade A loser, not the type of player I would want on my team or as a teammate.
Well with all due respect you are not the golden standard lol. Just because you would go hard on a meaningless pro bowl drill doesn’t mean that everyone else should. Like today these guys are not going to give it their all in the Pro Bowl. Do they all have a loser mentality?

And where did I say the combine challenges were dumb? I said nothing about the combine or even calling it dumb. But combines are why guys like Russell Wilson and Tom Brady fall in the draft. Romo didn’t even get invited to the combine.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

Watch how heywood blasts through those bags and Jaylon is struggling with one. He doesn’t have any power.

Watch it and tell me I’m wrong.

Man, I hate dogging on other fans, but you asked for it:

'He doesn't have any power'.

- JS can bench press (one rep) 490#.
- He had 24 reps @ 225# in a non-combine workout while recovering from his surgery. That would have put him in the top 3 of LBs in his draft class.
- He was squatting 3 reps of 20 each @ 400# after his surgery.

Saying JS doesn't have 'power' after watching a meaningless 'competition' is like saying pigeons that hang out by park benches can't fly because they're walking around eating bread.

C'mon, man............

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Valid point. The guy begged to be there, but I guess that was all about promoting his "brand".

aria

Reaction score
Well with all due respect you are not the golden standard lol. Just because you would go hard on a meaningless pro bowl drill doesn’t mean that everyone else should. Like today these guys are not going to give it their all in the Pro Bowl. Do they all have a loser mentality?

And where did I say the combine challenges were dumb? I said nothing about the combine or even calling it dumb. But combines are why guys like Russell Wilson and Tom Brady fall in the draft. Romo didn’t even get invited to the combine.
In my mind, yes they are losers for not giving it their all the Pro Bowl within the rules and I disagree, I think most are giving it their all. Many of them were chosen because they were good and want to showcase their skills. I find it hard to believe that any pro athlete takes any sort of competition lightly but apparently Jalen does.

You never said combine challenges were dumb, you said skill challenges were dumb which is what the combine is...skill challenges. And yes, there are always exceptions to the combine and draft.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Coop,,, like "damn, I really gotta do this".
Such a disinterested individual, such a strange cat.

I honestly think that's just the way Coop looks all the time. If he was truly disinterested he could have used the various injuries he sustained this year to opt out of the Pro Bowl.

I wouldn't call him strange. Some people are just quiet by nature, keep to themselves, and don't show much outward emotion. That's Coop.

kumizi

Reaction score
I don’t think people would dislike Jaylon if he had never recovered.

The truth is that he was really good last year.
Then he got paid.
Then he was bad/noticeably less good this year.

That’s all we know. We haven’t heard anything about reinjury. We’ve heard whispers about lack of effort. We’ve seen his totally moronic and clueless celebrations when the team is losing.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Not gonna use some skills challenge to determine how good or bad someone is.
Clearly Smith underestimated the weight or was in bad position (what's new). Remember Dak in all the throwing challenges, yup. These fun little tests don't lie.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
Wasn't even a fair match-up, how did Jaylon get picked for this, instead likes of Cameron Jordan..

doomsday808

Reaction score
This drill looks like an Achilles injury waiting to happen. Bragging rights may not be worth it in this situation.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
FWIW Jaylon Smith had 12 tackles in the game.
By FAR the most of anyone.
He was probably the happiest guy to be there and he played about the hardest of anyone.
Umm kinda like every game of his life.

I get people are annoyed with his branding but make no mistake Jaylon is your team's heart and soul on defense.

He just finished 6th in the league in tackles.
He did that with 2.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles an INT and 9 passes defensed.

Those are elite numbers.

If you are still talking about what Jaylon can't do just shut the heck up because you sound like an idiot.

Jaylon is a very large MLB who plays BEST coming forward but was sitting in a far too often passive scheme covering for the fact we have no safeties and LVE was injured then out.

The abuse our best players take from a mongoloid fan base is seriously stupid with a capital S.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
FWIW Jaylon Smith had 12 tackles in the game.
By FAR the most of anyone.
He was probably the happiest guy to be there and he played about the hardest of anyone.
Umm kinda like every game of his life.

I get people are annoyed with his branding but make no mistake Jaylon is your team's heart and soul on defense.

He just finished 6th in the league in tackles.
He did that with 2.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles an INT and 9 passes defensed.

Those are elite numbers.

If you are still talking about what Jaylon can't do just shut the heck up because you sound like an idiot.

Jaylon is a very large MLB who plays BEST coming forward but was sitting in a far too often passive scheme covering for the fact we have no safeties and LVE was injured then out.

The abuse our best players take from a mongoloid fan base is seriously stupid with a capital S.
We don’t need a happy idiot overly concerned about how he looks leading this team. We need a bad arse mean sob keeping everyone focused.