This Sunday will be Green Bay 2010

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
T
I think the reason Wade got fired when he did was the team was starting to get blown out each week on national TV. I knew when that game was over that Wade was done. That's what has to happen to get rid of Garrett.
True, but the offense wasn't exactly lighting it up either and Romo had been out for multiple weeks. They probably beat the Giants on MNF and get to 2-4 and who knows what happens after that. I totally buy into the theory that Jason sabotaged Wade to get the HC job.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
This is a division game and thus far what I’ve seen from Philly doesn’t show to me that they can beat the Cowboys 42-7. Something like 27-16 feels more like it. They (PHI) do have a ton of talent and maybe this is the game Wentz puts it all together so you never know.

The one that I think could be a 42-7 type loss is the Saints game. And that one is at home. Dallas’ season could be effectively over by then and I could see the wheels falling off that night.

mldardy

Reaction score
Green Bay won the Super Bowl in 2010. So I hope so.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
I think the reason Wade got fired when he did was the team was starting to get blown out each week on national TV. I knew when that game was over that Wade was done. That's what has to happen to get rid of Garrett.
Yeah, I actually think Wade was fired in Jerry’s mind the week before in the embarrassing home loss to Jacksonville. I think Jerry hoped to get through the GB and NYG games then fire Wade and let JG get started off with an easy win over the Lions who were just as bad as the Cowboys were. But the GB loss was so embarrassing that Jerry couldn’t wait another week.

rpntex

Reaction score
Is anyone feeling the same way? This game has 42-7 written all over it, which would probably result in Linehan being fired and Garrett taking over playcalling duties.

No, I don’t see it exactly that way…

First of all, a blowout does it in sure that someone gets fired. What would result in Linehan getting fired is it completely putrid offensive performance. Even if Dallas loses the game 14–6. That’s not a blowout, but the end result could still very easily be Linehan’s dismissal. Something like 45-21 would be just enough offense to keep Linehan around even though the end result was a blowout.

What got Wade fired was not the final score, but the obvious “quitting“ lack of effort by the entire team on national television. It was obvious that he has lost the team when they quit midway through the second quarter. Regardless of what the final score inns up being, I’ve never seen this team quit and GG… And I don’t expect they will now.

Does of you wishing JG will be fired mid season are just wasting your time. It’s not going to happen. After the season is over? That’s an entirely different discussions.