CFZ This Team Actually Goes as Micah Parsons Goes

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Jerry says this team goes as Zeke goes. But what he really means is, this team goes as Micah Parsons goes.

I don't care what anyone says, Micah sets the tone on this team, leads the culture.

If you really break down what Jerry is saying there, it's actually a hint to Micah Parsons: keep playing at your level, and you'll get paid like Zeke.

Are some of you who are crying about Zeke now going to hate on Parsons when he gets old, which is inevitable? And gets paid.

I'm just asking.

Because I truly believe what I'm saying here.

Listen to Jerry's words.

In the beginning of the season, he talked about "availability," which meant playing through injuries, like our boy Zeke did.

He likely took some damage to his body for playing last year until the playoffs, and he's still a very good back in the NFL, particularly because of his playing style. I mean, by no means is he done yet.

So, to me, while Zeke is an example of toughness, I fully believe he means that as a message to Micah since I believe he also knows this teams actually goes as Parsons goes.

Man, what a great job by pretty much this entire team. I usually have a few players I don't like every year. But I can't really find one this year, and I think that's because I think not only is Parsons a great individual talent, he makes everyone around him better for reasons other than his talent.

So this team goes like Micah goes, especially if Micah gives it his all like Zeke and plays through nagging injuries with his level of toughness.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
There would be a noticeable drop off without micah, but even without him, this defense is built pretty well.

Last edited:

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Uhhh, not only Micah, but Dak as well. Each side of the ball have their leaders.

I don't think Dak has a contagious element that makes everyone want to be the very best player and match his achievements on the field as nearly as much as Micah does.

Dak could. But Dak doesn't have the drive that Micah has to win. To his credit, though, he has pretty good leadership qualities. They're just not on Micah's level.

But this team won without Dak. I don't think it's really so much the quarterback that we've had for 6 years who was that missing piece. I think Parsons is. It's no coincidence we go the playoffs two years in a row after he arrives.

Because Cooper Rush was also a good leader down that stretch.

Sure, Dak is a part of that, and I'm giving him credit. Dak is a decent player, and leads by example rather well.

He just has a different type of leadership, which is more effective, for whatever reason. Both lead by example. Micah just does it at another level, probably because he plays at the highest level.

That's what's great about Micah. He brings along with him, other things, aside from being the best, that really help your team.

Last edited:

Mr_437

Reaction score
It's a defensive team and Micah is the best player on the team and arguably in the NFL. Parsons really won the game vs the Lions, I know it's a team effort but he's the playmaker when it's needed.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry says this team goes as Zeke goes. But what he really means is, this team goes as Micah Parsons goes.

I don't care what anyone says, Micah sets the tone on this team, leads the culture.

If you really break down what Jerry is saying there, it's actually a hint to Micah Parsons: keep playing at your level, and you'll get paid like Zeke.

Are some of you who are crying about Zeke now going to hate on Parsons when he gets old, which is inevitable? And gets paid.

I'm just asking.

Listen to Jerry's words.

In the beginning of the season, he talked about "availability," which meant playing through injuries, like our boy Zeke did.

He likely took some damage to his body for playing last year until the playoffs, and he's still a very good back in the NFL, particularly because of his playing style. I mean, by no means is he done yet.

So, to me, while Zeke is an example of toughness, I fully believe he means that as a message to Micah since I believe he also knows this teams actually goes as Parsons goes.

Man, what a great job by pretty much this entire team. I usually have a few players I don't like every year. But I can't really find one this year, and I think that's because I think not only is Parsons a great individual talent, he makes everyone around him better for reasons other than his talent.

So this team goes like Micah goes, especially if Micah gives it his all like Zeke and plays through nagging injuries with his level of toughness.

Parsons if he can stay relatively healthy will be thought of best defender in NFL for some time to come....he has 8 sacks and is 1/2 sack behind Judon i believe for the league lead and that is on many less

rush attempts

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
At this pace, if Micah sustains it, he will be in the HOF and ROH.
I hope Parsons can pace himself and peak for the playoffs, chaps.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I don't think Dak has a contagious element that makes everyone want to be the very best player and match his achievements on the field as nearly as much as Micah does.

Dak could. But Dak doesn't have the drive that Micah has to win. To his credit, though, he has pretty good leadership qualities. They're just not on Micah's level.

But this team won without Dak. I don't think it's really so much the quarterback that we've had for 6 years who was that missing piece. I think Parsons is. It's no coincidence we go the playoffs two years in a row after he arrives.

Sure, Dak is a part of that, and I'm giving him credit. Dak is a decent player, and leads by example rather well.

He just has a different type of leadership, which is more effective, for whatever reason. Both lead by example. Micah just does it at another level, probably because he plays at the highest level.

That's what's great about Micah. He brings along with him, other things, aside from being the best, that really help your team.
Dak's a flatliner, is socially awkward, doesn't come through under pressure, and blames others when things go wrong. You can't be a leader with those qualities. Totally agree this is Micah's team now and that Micah demonstrates ACTUAL leadership.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

What team have you not been watching the past 7 seasons?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If there's one thing Jerry doesn't do, it's speak in code...at least not intentionally. If he means Parsons, he'll say Parsons.

While I certainly believe Micah lit a fire under this team, and that he's the best player on the team, possibly the best in the league, when Jerry says the team goes as Zeke goes, he means it, whether he's right or not.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
If there's one thing Jerry doesn't do, it's speak in code...at least not intentionally. If he means Parsons, he'll say Parsons.

While I certainly believe Micah lit a fire under this team, and that he's the best player on the team, possibly the best in the league, when Jerry says the team goes as Zeke goes, he means it, whether he's right or not.

Yep, it's Jerry justifying his player, Zeke, and his terrible contract.....especially after his possible heir apparent just ran for 131 yards and 3 TD's.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

I'm just asking.

Listen to Jerry's words.

I agree. He is crucial to our success on defense, and the defense is crucial to our overall success.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

I'm just asking.

Listen to Jerry's words.

:hammer:You take away Parsons and Diggs the defense is really a bunch of JAGS. I like the fact that Jerry defends Zeke. The players love Elliott and he gives the Cowboys everything he has. The biggest reason why we lost to the 49ers in the playoffs that has never been discussed is both Zeke and Pollard were injured. That is reason why we could not run the football.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Micah is on another planet

Fgu2YbNXoAIpVFx