This team can't compete with the big dogs

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I'm talking Browns, Cardinals, Bucs, Ravens, Packers, Bills, etc.

Today's game was extremely sloppy. There were a lot of good, splash plays to make up for it, however, today's game is a cause for concern. We went up against a potential bottom 5 team in the league and struggled for a good bit of the game.

Prior to the injuries of Saquon and Danny Dimes, we were in serious trouble. Defense was allowing a lot of big plays and conversions, and offense made CONSTANT mistakes. Balls being batted down and caught for interceptions, fumbles, high or low snaps, dumb playcalls, poor pass blocking, dropping passes, etc. I know they are divison rivals, however, that is not an excuse. We should have DOMINATED from beginning to end. Even with Saquon and Daniel Jones in. With them in, I'm sure this game would've been a lot closer, which brings me to my next point. We did the same thing against the Panthers, and even the Eagles for about 3 minutes before we dominated. We honestly did better in the Tampa game than any other game despite losing.

Chargers game was given to us. I believe the refs really helped us out and took 2 TD's off the board (some of the calls were iffy). We were truly dominated in that game, but were lucky enough to win.

I just don't know if we are ready to be a contending team. To win the NFC East? Yeah. The conference? No. We have some tough games ahead (Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders, Cards way down, Vikings). Even NE with a smart Belichick is a big concern. We cannot come out sloppy against offensive powerhouse teams or well coached teams or we will LOSE. These sloppy starts minus the Chargers game have got to STOP. Mistakes like these come back to bite. I found myself digusted looking at the offense continously shoot itself in the foot today. We have the talent, so what's the problem?! The Center is a large looming issue going forward. The snaps and pass blocking need to be severely improved. Dak is playing well, but some of his mistakes need to be fixed. I think his mental game is a little off due to his injury last year and he does not want to admit this. I am not upset at this, I just hope he can overcome this aspect of the game.

Despite all of this, I see we have strong potential on all cylinders of the game, and we are talented in almost every position. It's just a matter of playing to our full potential, which seems easier said than done with this team. I just hope we can be firing on all cylinders come December and onward.

Go Cowboys.
The Boys got down to NY level in the 1st half. If not for all the in juries to the Giants this game probably would of been a lot closer than the final score.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score

Today's game was extremely sloppy. There were a lot of good, splash plays to make up for it, however, today's game is a cause for concern. We went up against a potential bottom 5 team in the league and struggled for a good bit of the game.

Prior to the injuries of Saquon and Danny Dimes, we were in serious trouble. Defense was allowing a lot of big plays and conversions, and offense made CONSTANT mistakes. Balls being batted down and caught for interceptions, fumbles, high or low snaps, dumb playcalls, poor pass blocking, dropping passes, etc. I know they are divison rivals, however, that is not an excuse. We should have DOMINATED from beginning to end. Even with Saquon and Daniel Jones in. With them in, I'm sure this game would've been a lot closer, which brings me to my next point. We did the same thing against the Panthers, and even the Eagles for about 3 minutes before we dominated. We honestly did better in the Tampa game than any other game despite losing.

Chargers game was given to us. I believe the refs really helped us out and took 2 TD's off the board (some of the calls were iffy). We were truly dominated in that game, but were lucky enough to win.

I just don't know if we are ready to be a contending team. To win the NFC East? Yeah. The conference? No. We have some tough games ahead (Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders, Cards way down, Vikings). Even NE with a smart Belichick is a big concern. We cannot come out sloppy against offensive powerhouse teams or well coached teams or we will LOSE. These sloppy starts minus the Chargers game have got to STOP. Mistakes like these come back to bite. I found myself digusted looking at the offense continously shoot itself in the foot today. We have the talent, so what's the problem?! The Center is a large looming issue going forward. The snaps and pass blocking need to be severely improved. Dak is playing well, but some of his mistakes need to be fixed. I think his mental game is a little off due to his injury last year and he does not want to admit this. I am not upset at this, I just hope he can overcome this aspect of the game.

Despite all of this, I see we have strong potential on all cylinders of the game, and we are talented in almost every position. It's just a matter of playing to our full potential, which seems easier said than done with this team. I just hope we can be firing on all cylinders come December and onward.

Go Cowboys.
We beat chargers and chargers beat Browns

Elusiv1

Reaction score
So we beat the Chargers and played an opening game at TB and should have beat them. We had almost 450yds of total offense on the Bucs. Man we can beat anybody so let's take it one win at a time. We are blowing teams out and still we leave meat on the bone.

Soth

Reaction score

This is the worst post I have read in many years. I regret ever reading this nonsense.

75boyz

Reaction score
If the offensive line has a healthy Smith, Martin and Collins at the end of the regular season the team will have won a lot of regular season games this year.

As to how they would then perform in the playoffs, I have no idea as every team is good, well coached and whoever has the strongest survive and advance will to win will be the winner. Whole different ballgame in the playoffs.

jmo

lopey

Reaction score

Go Cowboys.
We finally have a contender and you **** in them for no reason. We killed the Giants and yes not a perfect game but a dominant win. Each game has its up and downs. Each team has its up and downs. This team has talent. It will go far

Elusiv1

Reaction score
This is the worst post I have read in many years. I regret ever reading this nonsense.
He forgot to give some credit to the Giants defense that is one of the best on the league and we hung 44 on them?

bewp7

Reaction score
i think they can just because of the offense! i think they can play any team in the nfl and have a chance to win the game at the end!

i do not trust this defense to get a stop when every thing is on the line not one little bit!!!!!

it is to easy to move the ball on this team and i do not trust any thing on defense. takeaways is saving them so i can not say a lot bad but they have a lot of work to do to get off the field and not give up ponts so ofen!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Boys got down to NY level in the 1st half. If not for all the in juries to the Giants this game probably would of been a lot closer than the final score.
OMG, you can't even allow yourself to enjoy a win. guess that's what 25 years of futility does to anyone's psyche.
first half we dominated. came down to two mistakes. the schultz drop in the endzone. the fumble inside the 10....that took 10 points off the board.

you have to win the ugly ones, if you are good. most of them won't be pretty start to finish. we came out second half and dominated them offensively and controlled them defensively until the late TD against prevent defense. if you have given up 13 points, with 7 minutes to go in the game...you are doing good.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
i think they can just because of the offense! i think they can play any team in the nfl and have a chance to win the game at the end!

i do not trust this defense to get a stop when every thing is on the line not one little bit!!!!!

it is to easy to move the ball on this team and i do not trust any thing on defense. takeaways is saving them so i can not say a lot bad but they have a lot of work to do to get off the field and not give up ponts so ofen!
pass defense needs work. yes. agreed. but in the NFL if you don't stop the run, you have no chance defensively. we are so far doing good against the run....pass defense will get better.....all 5 teams we have played, are top 10 passing....

TWOK11

Reaction score
Chargers game was given to us. I believe the refs really helped us out and took 2 TD's off the board (some of the calls were iffy). We were truly dominated in that game, but were lucky enough to win

Like hell we were

Dallas had more yards, more first downs, more yards per play, over twice as many rushing yards, nearly identical TOP, fewer penalties and fewer turnovers.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Go Cowboys.
Agreed. Unpopular opinion

waving monkey

Reaction score

Go Cowboys.
the reason your logic is mistaken you included "cant compete with the Bucs.We almost beat them. We're coming together today they had a bad game and hung 40 on a bad team, I dont agree

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys beat a divisional Giants team that always give its best against us. We played down to the competition somewhat but still won by a very convincing score. Let's consider that this team is still growing in stature and is dominating weaker challengers.

One sign of being a contender is that we're able to win, despite not playing well. We'll be getting some of our wounded warriors back in the days to come and should improve accordingly. We'll have even more depth when those players return to their positions.

Let's see how much we can improve between now and the playoffs before coming to any conclusions that we can't compete with the best teams out there. We might well prove otherwise. Let's be aware that we've already competed on equal terms with some of the best teams and did so very impressively.

Last edited:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Panthers defense was fraudulent and that was shown after we exposed them last week, and after Philly came back and won. Chargers game was luck. We should have beaten the Bucs though.

Luck or not, we still beat them. No one can't say we can't beat the big boys while we almost beat Tampa, we beat the Chargers and we have blown out the weaker teams.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
FB-IMG-1633927369920.jpg

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Go Cowboys.
Did you watch any game today besides the Cowboys? If not then maybe you don't know, all the games were sloppy. We are no more sloppy than any of the other, "big dogs". I get that the Cowboys can play better and as the season goes on I'm sure they will strive to do so, but at this point in the season, all the teams considered a contender are playing sloppy.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
D is not good enough. Need another solid piece. Dl or cb - one of both needed. Zero confidence d can stop good team if game on the line.