This team can't compete with the big dogs

Flamma

Reaction score
I agree. I was just providing some context where both sides of the ball stand scoring wise. The hope is that the team cleans up these mistakes with more game reps and that the defense continues to improve. Defense should be able to continue to improve with getting players back and the young guys getting more nfl reps.

Yeah hopefully so. I hope we get away from these freakish misfortunes.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're never going to play a perfect game.

I used to micro analyze everything, & find stuff to be upset about, even in wins. These days, I'm just happy to get a win. I don't care if it's by 1 point, or 20. Just win. None of the rest of it matters.

I think we've got a good team. Better than I expected. Are we a championship caliber team..? Too early to tell. I'm looking forward to games again though. Let's see where we're at come December. Things will be a lot clearer by then. If we stay relatively healthy, we just might have a January to get excited about.
Just win baby!! :starspin:

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
We damn near beat Tampa Bay, remember that? Last years SB champions?

giphy.gif

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas can compete with any of them I take it many do not watch other games around the league, All these top team will go out and play sloppy games and in the end they still manage to win. I agree Dallas played a sloppy 1st half and then turned around and kicked NY butt. You want perfect it will not be achieved but Dallas did exactly what any of these other teams do.

75boyz

Reaction score
All of this insight and you’re not on an NFL staff somewhere.

Lol, Instant classic.
This is an all time one liner that could be applied to the majority of responses/opinions here.
Really good stuff man.

It can be used over and over here and still be right every time, lol

jmo

Ekspozed

Reaction score
I'm talking Browns, Cardinals, Bucs, Ravens, Packers, Bills, etc.

Today's game was extremely sloppy. There were a lot of good, splash plays to make up for it, however, today's game is a cause for concern. We went up against a potential bottom 5 team in the league and struggled for a good bit of the game.

Prior to the injuries of Saquon and Danny Dimes, we were in serious trouble. Defense was allowing a lot of big plays and conversions, and offense made CONSTANT mistakes. Balls being batted down and caught for interceptions, fumbles, high or low snaps, dumb playcalls, poor pass blocking, dropping passes, etc. I know they are divison rivals, however, that is not an excuse. We should have DOMINATED from beginning to end. Even with Saquon and Daniel Jones in. With them in, I'm sure this game would've been a lot closer, which brings me to my next point. We did the same thing against the Panthers, and even the Eagles for about 3 minutes before we dominated. We honestly did better in the Tampa game than any other game despite losing.

Chargers game was given to us. I believe the refs really helped us out and took 2 TD's off the board (some of the calls were iffy). We were truly dominated in that game, but were lucky enough to win.

I just don't know if we are ready to be a contending team. To win the NFC East? Yeah. The conference? No. We have some tough games ahead (Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders, Cards way down, Vikings). Even NE with a smart Belichick is a big concern. We cannot come out sloppy against offensive powerhouse teams or well coached teams or we will LOSE. These sloppy starts minus the Chargers game have got to STOP. Mistakes like these come back to bite. I found myself digusted looking at the offense continously shoot itself in the foot today. We have the talent, so what's the problem?! The Center is a large looming issue going forward. The snaps and pass blocking need to be severely improved. Dak is playing well, but some of his mistakes need to be fixed. I think his mental game is a little off due to his injury last year and he does not want to admit this. I am not upset at this, I just hope he can overcome this aspect of the game.

Despite all of this, I see we have strong potential on all cylinders of the game, and we are talented in almost every position. It's just a matter of playing to our full potential, which seems easier said than done with this team. I just hope we can be firing on all cylinders come December and onward.

Go Cowboys.
You are under the impression those teams are without flaws.

All of those teams have lost to a bad team so far besides the cards.

Jarntt

Reaction score
For a team that wasn't even thought to be in the playoff hunt this year if not for a horrible NFCE we are 4-1 with a ton of contributors missing time so far. Plus, we are playing a bunch of young guys that should keep getting better and new guys learning their fit in a new defense. I'll take it and let's see what develops before we determine their ceiling

Oh, and as far as the Bucs go, I'm assuming you missed week 1...

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The Bottom line is that no NFL team wins "pretty" every single week and NO NFL team has ever managed to play a perfect and flawless game for every game over the course of the entire season. Not even the teams who have gone on to win the Superbowl or make a deep run in the playoffs. And in the NFL there's going to be more closer games every Sunday, than there will be blow out games.

Any NFL team can beat another NFL team any given Sunday under the right circumstances. As we saw yesterday, where the Panthers seemed like the better team over the Eagles, but made the mistake of allowing the Eagles to hang around for too long, which can backfire against the since the other team still has NFL caliber players, even if they have a losing record.

No NFL team plays a perfect and flawless game every week, not even the ones the OP lists as the big dogs. There's plenty of times where a Super Bowl championship team has had ugly wins over the course of their season.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Did you watch any game today besides the Cowboys? If not then maybe you don't know, all the games were sloppy. We are no more sloppy than any of the other, "big dogs". I get that the Cowboys can play better and as the season goes on I'm sure they will strive to do so, but at this point in the season, all the teams considered a contender are playing sloppy.
Tyson Fury is sloppy as hell.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dallas can compete with any of them I take it many do not watch other games around the league, All these top team will go out and play sloppy games and in the end they still manage to win. I agree Dallas played a sloppy 1st half and then turned around and kicked NY butt. You want perfect it will not be achieved but Dallas did exactly what any of these other teams do.
Switch our team with KC. If Dallas was playing like them people would lose their freaking minds. The media would have us in the 20's in power rankings. Pretty sad that KC is the NFL's darling for being 2-3.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
It’s about getting better. You mentioned the Packers. They were lucky for two games the games are so much closer. The only thing that’s really good right now is Buffalo. And still I’m not sure about the Cardinals. Other than that the rest of them lol

The Packers gets mentioned, when by the OP's logic, it can be said that the Packers could end up losing against one of the other big dogs and could lose to the Cowboys, if Mason Crosby has a bad day like he did against the Bengals and if the opposing team's kicker manages to successfully make all of his kicks. As luck had a lot to do with why the Packers won against the Bengals. But are Packers fans going to go around and say that their team can't compete with the big dogs, just because they didn't have a perfect game yesterday?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Switch our team with KC. If Dallas was playing like them people would lose their freaking minds. The media would have us in the 20's in power rankings. Pretty sad that KC is the NFL's darling for being 2-3.

I was keeping up with all the score of games yesterday and you had several close games at halftime even top teams vs poor teams and in the 2nd half those top teams in many cases ended up winning by larger margins. Cowboys got off to a sluggish start but honestly there was no time that I felt we were not going to win. Cowboys kicked it in gear 2nd half and kicked their butts. I think some just want perfection and that seldom happens. Good thing is there was enough sloppy play to keep this coaching staff on top of this team and as always you walk away knowing there are things you can improve on.

Reactions: G2

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
If you want to say they aren't the best team in the league, fine. If you want to say they aren't quite as good as the Bills or maybe Cardinals, okay. But they can compete with anyone. The Bucs and Chargers games showed that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
D is not good enough. Need another solid piece. Dl or cb - one of both needed. Zero confidence d can stop good team if game on the line.
the run defense is good. the pass rush is good, despite not getting any sacks today, there was plenty of pressure. for some reason we tend to give up those big pass plays down field. that has to get cleaned up.and that's probably because Brown, Kearse, Kazee, Hooker, Diggs are playing together for the first time and still getting on same page. throw in Parsons, Neal, LVE, and that's all new back 7......

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I was keeping up with all the score of games yesterday and you had several close games at halftime even top teams vs poor teams and in the 2nd half those top teams in many cases ended up winning by larger margins. Cowboys got off to a sluggish start but honestly there was no time that I felt we were not going to win. Cowboys kicked it in gear 2nd half and kicked their butts. I think some just want perfection and that seldom happens. Good thing is there was enough sloppy play to keep this coaching staff on top of this team and as always you walk away knowing there are things you can improve on.
Packers won a sloppy sloppy game. Pats game was sloppy, against a really bad team. Browns, gave up 47 points....26 in the 4th...and chargers gave up 42..... Mahomes and KC were really sloppy. Mahomes had several turnovers.....AZ game was sloppy and they pulled it off in the end.....every team manages through the game. the manage from play to play. series to series, quarter to quarter and half to half and the goal is to win in the end.

and to your point, first half, we had two mistakes costing us 11 points (schultz drop and fumble hand off).....otherwise it would have been a blow out first half.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

This is a case of some only paying attention to Cowboys games or not dissecting and picking apart every flaw or mistake that the good teams make in every game, like they'll do when it comes to the Cowboys.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You’ve already proved yourself wrong as we competed very well with the Bucs, probably should have won and I’d back us to win more often than not if we meet them again.
We are more than capable of beating any team in this league, however that can also be said for half a dozen others also.
Who ever gets through from the NFC will need a bit of luck with injuries come playoff time, let’s hope it’s us… but whoever we play, we can certainly compete and beat them.
you know he was purposely trying to be a troll if he put the bucs in there, if he didn't even think about it before posting. he had one thing in mind and that was to trash and troll....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Bottom line is that no NFL team wins "pretty" every single week and NO NFL team has ever managed to play a perfect and flawless game for every game over the course of the entire season. Not even the teams who have gone on to win the Superbowl or make a deep run in the playoffs. And in the NFL there's going to be more closer games every Sunday, than there will be blow out games.

Any NFL team can beat another NFL team any given Sunday under the right circumstances. As we saw yesterday, where the Panthers seemed like the better team over the Eagles, but made the mistake of allowing the Eagles to hang around for too long, which can backfire against the since the other team still has NFL caliber players, even if they have a losing record.

No NFL team plays a perfect and flawless game every week, not even the ones the OP lists as the big dogs. There's plenty of times where a Super Bowl championship team has had ugly wins over the course of their season.
:hammer:
I said the exact same thing a couple of pages earlier.

but the OP was trying to trash and troll. he had no other goal in mind.