This team is going to win the Superbowl.

PoetTree

Reaction score
Yes, you read that right: The Dallas Cowboys will be this season's Superbowl Champion. We are the best team in the league. And we have very good coaches. I know it doesn't look like it right now. But the Cowboys are the most talented team in the league, and when we get a lot of that talent back... we're talking Romo, Newman, Kosier, Pacman and Felix (all HUGE pieces of our team)... we are going to make a playoff push, and once in the lottery, we're gonna win it all.

Show me a team, ANY team in the league, who could lose its starting pro-bowl quarterback (one of the top-3 in the league), its two most talented cornerbacks (possibly the most important position on defense), its starting left guard and one of its very best playmakers on offense (who had provided the most big plays of anyone on the team)... and still look like contenders during their absence. Please, oh naysayers, what team do you believe could've weathered this storm better than we have?

The Giants are the reigning Superbowl Champions, have a ton of talent, are well coached and came in at ostensibly full strength against a Dallas team... who limped from their previous battlefields missing their General, and an assortment of his best soldiers. OF COURSE we lost against the Giants! Had the G-men, in contrast, trotted out Jared Lorenzen against the fully healthy, Tony Romo-led Cowboys.... it would have been "us" laying the beatdown instead. Let's get real here.

All you chicken-littles need to suck it up!

We will meet the G-men again, very plausibly at full strength next time. And I'd wager the results will be different. I said after the Cardinals game that if we could just manage to play .500 football over the next 4 injury-riddled games (leaving our record at 6-4 coming into the home-stretch), then I liked our chances for a deep playoff run. Well, 3 games into that stretch, we need one win to make that come true. And fortunately, we should have all but one of our missing pieces back (Pacman) when we play the 'skins. It's a game we can win!

This season isn't over by a long-shot. And your lack of faith is disturbing.

Quit being a media-led lemming... and cheer for your friggin' 'boys!

'Cause this ride is just gettin' started!

:starspin

Peace and Love

- PoetTree -

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm still with you in believing we'll have a legit shot at winning it all but I'm sure there will be plenty here who think you're just an idiot for having any kind of faith or hope.

superpunk

Reaction score
I try to look up but pieces of sky keep smashing me in the face.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I'll cheer for the 'Boys regardless. But, I'm kind of tired of all these overly optimistic posts that predict SB, blowout victories week after week, or upsets in the making. I don't believe in superstitions, but a little humble pie would be in order right now instead of over inflating a team that doesn't deserve it. If they start showing it, then I will start believing it. Right now, I don't see it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd just be happy if we win in Washington and go from there. The Super Bowl seems like forever still.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2395697 said:
I'd just be happy if we win in Washington and go from there. The Super Bowl seems like forever still.

It will all start right there, for sure. We have to have that win and I believe we'll get it. Our backs will be against the wall and it will be a must win.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
PoetTree;2395671 said:
Yes, you read that right: The Dallas Cowboys will be this season's Superbowl Champion. We are the best team in the league. And we have very good coaches. I know it doesn't look like it right now. But the Cowboys are the most talented team in the league, and when we get a lot of that talent back... we're talking Romo, Newman, Kosier, Pacman and Felix (all HUGE pieces of our team)... we are going to make a playoff push, and once in the lottery, we're gonna win it all.

Show me a team, ANY team in the league, who could lose its starting pro-bowl quarterback (one of the top-3 in the league), its two most talented cornerbacks (possibly the most important position on defense), its starting left guard and one of its very best playmakers on offense (who had provided the most big plays of anyone on the team)... and still look like contenders during their absence. Please, oh naysayers, what team do you believe could've weathered this storm better than we have?

The Giants are the reigning Superbowl Champions, have a ton of talent, are well coached and came in at ostensibly full strength against a Dallas team... who limped from their previous battlefields missing their General, and an assortment of his best soldiers. OF COURSE we lost against the Giants! Had the G-men, in contrast, trotted out Jared Lorenzen against the fully healthy, Tony Romo-led Cowboys.... it would have been "us" laying the beatdown instead. Let's get real here.

We will meet the G-men again, very plausibly at full strength next time. And I'd wager the results will be different. I said after the Cardinals game that if we could just manage to play .500 football over the next 4 injury-riddled games (leaving our record at 6-4 coming into the home-stretch), then I liked our chances for a deep playoff run. Well, 3 games into that stretch, we need one win to make that come true. And fortunately, we should have all but one of our missing pieces back (Pacman) when we play the 'skins. It's a game we can win!

Peace and Love

- PoetTree -

So he says this as the last life boat leaves the Titanic.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
we will finish 12-4. I don't care our ****ty our defense plays our O will not be stopped.

Ren

Reaction score
"cocaine's a hell of a drug" :laugh2:

juck

Reaction score
Im in,I dont see why we cant get it together our o should be wicked in washington and there on.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Has there ever been a 12-4 wildcard team?

Cuz, the gnats don't lose three more games IMHO.

Aven8

Reaction score
Screw the SB.

This team just needs to win games....then we can talk about playoffs....and so on.

Get off the SB!

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Silverstar;2395897 said:
Has there ever been a 12-4 wildcard team?

Cuz, the gnats don't lose three more games IMHO.

I felt the same way last weekend. I looked at the Giants game as do or die for the division and thought Romo should play.

Then I looked at their remaining schedule and felt better.

They play @PHI, BAL, @ARI @WAS and the PHI before the rematch with us in Dallas.

Do you honestly think they get through that stretch without picking up 2 more losses?

I don't. Chances are they will come to Dallas at no better than 10-3.

The million dollar question is what is our record?
Can we run off 4 wins against @WAS, SEA, SF, and @PIT?

I believe we can and will.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
PoetTree;2395671 said:

Peace and Love

- PoetTree -
We do cheer, but reality is they suck right now and had problems before Romo got hurt. I don't see it. You have drunken rose colored glasses on. If however I am wrong, I do not mind one bit giving you, your due.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
I'm with the first guy on this. The season isn't over by a long shot AND I predict it to end the same place I always thought it'd end. The Super Bowl.

I'm also thinking Romo's time to truly step up and shine is just on the horizon too. He desperately wanted to come right back in and play, leading this team but just couldn't. Mortality moment. I think the second Romo gets back that we're going to see him take it back like on a mission. Add Roy E. Williams atop that. Super Bowl Champs!

burmafrd

Reaction score
We do NOT have the coaching. That is clear.
We have the PHYSICAL TALENT.
BUT NOT the MENTAL TOUGHNESS and DISCIPLINE.