This will be Jason Garrett's 9th Coordinator in a decade

visionary

Reaction score
DC: Paul Pasqualoni, Rob Ryan, Monte Kiffin, Rod Marinelli, Kris Richard
OC: Jason Garrett, Bill Callahan, Scott Linehan, '19 Coordinator

Has any head coach in history been afforded so many coordinator changes with little to no playoff success? I don't know how Garrett the con-man does it.

As long as Garrett is not to blame, it's all good

blueblood70

Reaction score
To be fair on defense, since Kiffin, it’s been a continuation of the same scheme. They’ve kept promoting to keep guys. Not fired them.
exactly but it doesnt fit their narrative and in this case just the gripe fest they luv to do..other teams have had as many changes some retires replaced some pillaged some fired..i thought change was good , now its bad..you all find everything and anything to complain about..

seriously Jerry used to let HC go to quickly , now not quickly enough, he used to keep and pay stars to long now not long enough., he used to go after too many hogh priced Fas now not enough..you guys are never happy when anything Jerry has done or hasn't done yet..

JGRXXN

Reaction score
I hope the next OC isn't required to use the JG playbook.
that's why the hire has to be from the outside... get the Chiefs QB coach as our new OC that's one hell of a scheme they got over there

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I hope the next OC isn't required to use the JG playbook.

That’s the most important thing.

I don’t think it’s so much the playbook as how we run the playbook.

Again.. That Rams offense is nothing special but they can run 1 formation and hit you with so many plays out of it that you can never lock on to what they are doing.

lkelly

Reaction score
Telling that none of them (on first glance) left for promotions. Meanwhile, guys like Andy Reid, Belichick, and even Sean McVay for the love of God have significant coaching trees.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Has any head coach in history been afforded so many coordinator changes with little to no playoff success? I don't know how Garrett the con-man does it.
SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??

CPanther95

Reaction score
When are they going to stop handicapping Garrett with all these guys meddling with his vision?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

Make Garrett call the plays next season.

Put his head on the line.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Out of all these, what’s the common denominator? A decade and not one appearance in an NFCC? It’s not the OC’s, I can tell you that much....

9of11

Reaction score
Now get rid DC and put Kris Richard in...time for a change with new schemes where nothing can be guessed....We need new blood there too...

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
blackmail.jpg

Zordon

Reaction score
Seeing as our functional DC has only been here one season, and we won a playoff game, and we're getting a new OC this season, I don't see the purpose of the point you're trying to make.
So because Richard is staying and we're getting a new OC I should be satisfied as a fan? Some of us don't fall for those trinkets and realize the problem is bigger than the coordinators. Any OC that comes in here is not making drastic changes to our offensive scheme.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So because Richard is staying and we're getting a new OC I should be satisfied as a fan? Some of us don't fall for those trinkets and realize the problem is bigger than the coordinators. Any OC that comes in here is not making drastic changes to our offensive scheme.
I'm not telling you to be satisfied with anything. I simply don't see the purpose of starting a thread that isn't going to cover any ground that hasn't been covered on a daily basis for the past 5 years.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Linehan was brought here via Garrett. Garrett interfered with Callahan as OC, the latter was changing the offense. Jerry after the season, removed Garrett from the OC position, but compromised as as not to change the offense, which is why they brought in Linehan as the play-caller.

This made Callahan pretty upset and even Jerry said it wasn’t fair to him and JG was effectively the play-caller, t they weren’t going to let Callahan leave to interview for OC positions, which he had some interest, and he had to play out the final year of his contract. Callahan bounced as soon as the season was over and Cowboys couldn’t do anything about it irrespective.

Jason worked under Linehan in Miami. Another guy that Jason brought in that failed was Dooley, the WR coach and he was one of the scapegoats last year.
So now Linehan is the new scapegoat, but it’s clear this was a Jerry move.

As I said, Jerry will always shuffle coordinators now, while protecting Garrett. I’m pretty sure Jerry and Co. have connections in the media to set the grounds for blaming other than Garrett.
That’s the way this organization has worked since Jimmy left. The people at the very top are never held accountable for failure. That requires mid-level scapegoats.

This is an organizational cancer that Jerry has fostered for a quarter century. Hold some mid-level coordinator or position coach accountable for the HC and FO’s two decades long inability to win beyond a wild card game. Wash, rinse, repeat. It’s “Jerry’s way” of winning.

robjay04

Reaction score

Sorry I understand Garrett hate but this is extremely misleading.

Psqualoni was interim. He basically replaced Wade.

Basically it’s Rob Ryan then the “Tampa 2” coaches on defense. Kiffin was old and I think Rod was going to take over anyways. I’m not sure why you included Richard other than to increase your number.

Callahan was an OL coach. He did call plays for a short stint but he was never the coordinator.

I’m not sure why you included Jason Garrett as coordinator. Yes he was the coordinator but you’re going to count him as someone he fired?

Ryan
Kiffin
Marinelli
Scott Linehan

He’s had 4. This will be his fifth.

You’re only including Richard, Garrett and Callahan to inflate your number. Garrett has probably had close to 100 or more coaches/coordinators on the staff so you might as well include them if you’re going to include assistant coaches.

Zordon

Reaction score
Sorry I understand Garrett hate but this is extremely misleading.

Psqualoni was interim. He basically replaced Wade.

Basically it’s Rob Ryan then the “Tampa 2” coaches on defense. Kiffin was old and I think Rod was going to take over anyways. I’m not sure why you included Richard other than to increase your number.

Callahan was an OL coach. He did call plays for a short stint but he was never the coordinator.

I’m not sure why you included Jason Garrett as coordinator. Yes he was the coordinator but you’re going to count him as someone he fired?

Ryan
Kiffin
Marinelli
Scott Linehan

He’s had 4. This will be his fifth.

You’re only including Richard, Garrett and Callahan to inflate your number. Garrett has probably had close to 100 or more coaches/coordinators on the staff so you might as well include them if you’re going to include assistant coaches.
Dude you can cut the list in half if you want to fit your criteria. Even then it is rare for a head coach to be afforded that many coordinator changes without significant playoff success.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

First, Kiffin and Marinelli are really 1 DC, and as far as I know, no one has given Richard a promotion yet.
Bill Callahan was never a true OC...he coached the OL and run game, nothing more. We just wanted to keep him.