This will be Jason Garrett's 9th Coordinator in a decade

robjay04

Reaction score
Dude you can cut the list in half if you want to fit your criteria. Even then it is rare for a head coach to be afforded that many coordinator changes without significant playoff success.

Only coaches that were truly fired were Ryan and Linehan. So one on offense and one on defense.

Kiffin was “demoted” though it may have been the plan when he was hired. You can argue the intention with Kiffin was him to assist us in converting back to the 4-3 while his coordinator who was just as qualified took over while he moved upstairs. Kiffin May have also just conceded he’s too old to be a coordinator. Philosophies never changed and he was never fired.

Callahan was an OL coach took over playcalling for part of a season. He left when his contract was up.

Scoff Linehan was the only offensive coordinator hired and fired under Jason Garrett. Rob Ryan was the only defensive coordinator fired. So essentially we have had one offensive coordinator fired and one defensive coordinator let go prior to their contract expiring under Garrett. Regardless—-we have had the same guys running both sides of the ball since 2014. I don’t know if that’s a lot or not.

Nonetheless, I’m all for some good Garrett bashing but I also like it to be accurate. It’s not been a revolving door around here...this is our first significant philosophy change in 5 years.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Garrett is great at snaking out of responsibility, it's actually pretty amazing to watch. The man always finds a human shield.