Thomas plans to file grievance against Ravens

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He may as well. He's got nothing to lose by trying and nothing else to do in the meantime. He doesn't seem to be in high demand. What a surprise. :rolleyes:

He doesn’t have anywhere to sign, he can wait, but he is loosely planning to file a grievance against the Baltimore Ravens over his $10 million in guarantees for 2020. Ravens say he had conduct detrimental. Thomas … (said), ‘They had to suspend me for conduct detrimental in order to take my money.’ So that is a brewing battle. He expects to find a home sometime probably in September.”

Earl Thomas plans to file grievance against Ravens

MikeB80

Reaction score
on top of everything else I have to think no one has signed this guy yet because A. He is going to get into like this with the ravens and you know he will be running his mouth and B. I think this past week he had court dates about his marriage.

imagine if you signed this guy this week and then all of a sudden something crazy comes out during the court proceedings about him or him and his wife etc.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Hopefully his agent nailed down the term, "conduct detrimental" before signing. That term is pretty amorphous.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Of course he does.

"I punched my teammate in the face. What's the problem?"

Players have been getting into fights since the inception of the game of football. Not saying punching a teammate is something that should happen, but if you start taking players' money away for getting mad and punching each other, then you're going to have a lot of players losing money.

Loso86

Reaction score
I actually think that Thomas will win his grievance, and the Ravens will be on the hook for up to the full amount, minus any offset from signing with another team.
That's why whoever gets him it will be for Cheap

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Of course he does.

"I punched my teammate in the face. What's the problem?"

The problem is that plenty of teammates have punched each other in training camps. It happens. It would be hard for the ravens to argue that the fight was so severe that it caused damage to the team that could only be resolved through his release. Unless there are prior incidents that led to this, the ravens would be hard pressed to argue a single isolated incident that normally occurs in training camps every year is conduct determental to the team.

They had nothing to lose by trying. They clearly didn't want him around anymore. They are hoping they can keep the 10.mil but if not, it wouldn't change anything.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Players have been getting into fights since the inception of the game of football. Not saying punching a teammate is something that should happen, but if you start taking players' money away for getting mad and punching each other, then you're going to have a lot of players losing money.
Well right.

They, probably at some point last year, realized they signed him to a contract that was unbelievably ridiculous.

They couldnt wait to find a reason to get rid of him.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Actually since the inception of sports. I've fought my best friends on the court and on the field. That competition brings that out at all levels. Most don't understand

tunahelper

Reaction score
Actually since the inception of sports. I've fought my best friends on the court and on the field. That competition brings that out at all levels. Most don't understand

Agreed. We should sign ET and forget this soap opera talk of fist fights. Put something in his contract if he is a potential loose cannon. To me the defensive side of the ball needs leaders.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Without quoting any of you, my friends....

Its 2020 now.

You cant DO that.

Now....we have a scrimmage to look at. Let's all be friends and watch.....

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Agreed. We should sign ET and forget this soap opera talk of fist fights. Put something in his contract if he is a potential loose cannon. To me the defensive side of the ball needs leaders.
This 100%. I don't see D law as a leader and I don't see it with Snake either. We need a baller with a veteran presence to push these young guys.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Of course you can. Why can't you? Hockey let's guys fight multiple times a game. I ain't tryin to hear it. More ppl need to get punched in they mouth
Ok man but when you have a contract the team may regret, be careful.

Other than that, scrimmage time.

You want to watch that more than argue w me.

So do I on the opposite. Respect and catch you soon.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well right.

They, probably at some point last year, realized they signed him to a contract that was unbelievably ridiculous.

They couldnt wait to find a reason to get rid of him.

And he gave them that reason.

Several in fact.