Thompson received a pretty healthy signing bonus for a no-name player

Verdict

Reaction score
Thompson received a pretty healthy signing bonus for a now name player. I see people easily scratching him off the 53, but not TWill. Granted TWILL has a higher SB, but he seems to be a lot more of a bonehead.

I will not be surprised if Thompson makes it over TWILL. As a side note, TWill getting suspended would really help us out on the initial 53. That's why I don't think he will get suspended before the first game and the initial roster is set.

blueblood70

Reaction score
he hasn't played yet has he? lets let this play out before we start judgments and final rosters..

ESisback

Reaction score
WR—Hurns, TWill, Beasley, Gallup, Thompson, Lenoir

RB—Elliott, Smith, Scarborough, Austin

TE—3
QB—3
OL—8
ST—3
LB—6
DB—10
DL—10

?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Noah Brown really needs to be out there because his job is on the line. I think he and Lenoir are fighting for a spot and if both do well.....then we may see Thompson let go.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Team likes Terrence. They’re not going to release him.

Gonna be interesting to see what they do at WR if nobody else gets hurt. They’ve got a legitimate 7.

Brown is a legit ST player. He’s the one they probably cut though if Lenoir keeps making plays and a guy like a I can give them something on Teams.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Barring injury or a huge step backwards, Lenoir is a lock

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thompson received a pretty healthy signing bonus for a now name player. I see people easily scratching him off the 53, but not TWill. Granted TWILL has a higher SB, but he seems to be a lot more of a bonehead.

I will not be surprised if Thompson makes it over TWILL. As a side note, TWill getting suspended would really help us out on the initial 53. That's why I don't think he will get suspended before the first game and the initial roster is set.
I really think that TWill will be our top receiver. No more Dez shadow. Just a feeling.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It would be good to show the SB amount. :rolleyes:

Thompson received a 1 million dollar signing bonus.

It would "cost" 3.5M in cap and real dollars to cut TWill. He stays unless traded.

Thompson was signed as the speed WR but they traded for Austin after signing Thompson. Austin is faster.

Hurns
Gallup
Austin
Beasley
TWill

Lenoir
Thompson

Noah Brown

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
If Lenoir has a big pre-season they have to keep him.

The guy has put in the work and if he produces then it sends a bad message to future guys if you keep a career jag like Thompson over him.

Lenoir is making the roster barring injury or a complete collapse in performance. He's a young improving player who also happens to be a favorite of Will McClay. Thompson was signed as insurance in case the team didn't get a WR in the draft like a Gallup who could contribute immediately. I'd say at this point Thompson needs an injury or TWILL suspension to make the Week 1 53 roster.

Verdict

Reaction score
It would be good to show the SB amount. :rolleyes:

Thompson received a 1 million dollar signing bonus.

It would "cost" 3.5M in cap and real dollars to cut TWill. He stays unless traded.

Thompson was signed as the speed WR but they traded for Austin after signing Thompson. Austin is faster.

Hurns
Gallup
Austin
Beasley
TWill

Lenoir
Thompson

Noah Brown

I fully realize the difference in guaranteed salary and SB between TWill and Thompson. Based only on contract TWill would get the nod over Thompson. I get that.

But they weren't both signed this offseason. TWill was part of the underperforming group last year while Thompson was not.

The way things are shaping up it seeems as though the locks are:

Hurns
Beasley
Gallup
Austin

That leaves the following on the bubble:

Thompson
Lenoir
TWill
Anyone else who is in the mix

I don't think they will keep 7 receivers unless TWill gets suspended before the season starts (which the league doesn't seem inclined to help us with).

We will likely keep at least 5 receivers so at least one of these guys is going to make it. One of the bottom 3 isn't going to make the cut and possibly two.

I think that Williams is playing for his roster spot and I personally don't think it is as solid as you do. TWill may well play his way into keeping his spot, but I really think he is in serious danger of being cut.