Thoughts about Atlanta Falcons

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I have watched the Falcons early on against Philly, and both the NY Teams. However, they are a much improved team since then, due to the emergency of Kyle Pitts.

Offense

-The Falcons use Cord. Patterson all over the offense, even as a running back. He is a very difficult player in space.

-Since week 3 Kyle Pitts is averaging 8 catches a game and with over 15 yards a catch. Point is he is real good and only will get better. Atlanta will line him up all over the field to create mismatches. Although Diggs has struggled recently, I would still have him follow Pitts. Safeties or linebackers will struggle to cover him and he one of the best in the league in contested catches.

-Cowboys catch a break with Calvin Ridley out due to him being on the ir for mental health issues.

-Eagles had a field day against their LG Jalen Mayfield who was making his first start. Their OL is decent, but he might be their weakest link.

-Matt Ryan is still a very productive QB if he isn't moved off a spot. Force him to move, better chance for success.

Defense

-Grady Jarrett can become a game wrecker. Dante Fowler, their other pass rusher is on the ir. Actually just read Fowler is expected to return this week.

-Zeke had his worst game of his career last yr against this Atlanta Defense as they force multiple fumbles. Might not be the biggest front 7, but they are very fast and will beat blockers to a spot.

-AJ Terrell is their best corner, but lacks elite ball skills.

-Richie Grant many wanted in the draft hasn't made a big impact outside of ST's.

Their defense has improved, but still have issues against the pass.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
We need pressure. Stuff the run. And we need a explosive run and pass game. With Gallup back maybe some 4 WR sets. Hope the LT situation is worked out. Let’s put the pedal down and don’t let up.

blueblood70

Reaction score
just win dont care about the specifics stats or any hyperbole..IM not worried about ARL, i would convey on the team dont beat yourself , all i worry about is our game.

you roll in ready to play..we need max focus and effort and play straight up and win..thats it..
if players and coaches come in trying to do too much to make up for last week, that bad thing..plays your assignments play 60mins and focus..that it we win..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Falcons are a speed bump on our path to the NFC playoffs and beyond. The schedule makers put them in our way so that we may brush them aside. We have bigger fish to fry but first, we must put our thumb on this bug and squash it.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I have watched the Falcons early on against Philly, and both the NY Teams. However, they are a much improved team since then, due to the emergency of Kyle Pitts.

Offense

-The Falcons use Cord. Patterson all over the offense, even as a running back. He is a very difficult player in space.

-Since week 3 Kyle Pitts is averaging 8 catches a game and with over 15 yards a catch. Point is he is real good and only will get better. Atlanta will line him up all over the field to create mismatches. Although Diggs has struggled recently, I would still have him follow Pitts. Safeties or linebackers will struggle to cover him and he one of the best in the league in contested catches.

-Cowboys catch a break with Calvin Ridley out due to him being on the ir for mental health issues.

-Eagles had a field day against their LG Jalen Mayfield who was making his first start. Their OL is decent, but he might be their weakest link.

-Matt Ryan is still a very productive QB if he isn't moved off a spot. Force him to move, better chance for success.

Defense

-Grady Jarrett can become a game wrecker. Dante Fowler, their other pass rusher is on the ir. Actually just read Fowler is expected to return this week.

-Zeke had his worst game of his career last yr against this Atlanta Defense as they force multiple fumbles. Might not be the biggest front 7, but they are very fast and will beat blockers to a spot.

-AJ Terrell is their best corner, but lacks elite ball skills.

-Richie Grant many wanted in the draft hasn't made a big impact outside of ST's.

Their defense has improved, but still have issues against the pass.
The Falcons are a solid team on the Vikings and Broncos level. They can beat us. Matt Ryan is good quarterback that will pick our defense apart if we don’t get any pressure. Our offense needs to explode or we will be in for a long day.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
If the defense is unable to disrupt Matt Ryan and get him off his spots, it will be a long day. Outside of Brady, he's the best QB the defense will face so far - right there with Herbert.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
This game giving me Bronco vibes.....Dallas better be ready to play this time or deja vu all over again. Need to get out in front fast and play our game, offense and defense. Eager to see how Haji kicks in his first NFL game. But i hope it doesn't come down to that. How 'bout dem Cowboys!!!:flagwave:

Carson

Reaction score
The tale of tape as always looks in good fortune for us. However, this is similar to the Broncos. If you let Ryan get hot early, you’re in trouble. The Saints game is one of those toss ups. Division games are just so much more tough.

• Zero 100 yard rushers all season. 60 is the most in a game
  • A bunch of bad wins and one solid win. Giants, Jets, Dolphins … Saints (Similar to Denver)
  • No Ridley
  • Worst in the league with 11 sacks
  • Only have 3 picks
  • Only average 21 PPG despite being offensive friendly

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
just hope he doesn't get pressured again and go into shell shock once again. last week was bad, anybody any nerve pills for him?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
AJ Terrell is playing at an elite level. His numbers are off the charts in coverage

Giving up 45.7% Comp % to opposing QB's (16 of 35 for 121 Yards and 1 TD) through 7 games......interesting to see if Atlanta has him shadowing Cooper or Lamb as their other CB Moreau is giving up over 60% Comp % to opposing QB's......and the rest of the defense isn't really doing much in terms of defending the pass or rushing the QB.

dcstar

Reaction score
Dallas wins going away as they right-the-ship...as long as certain players quit reading their press clippings and believing them.

Go Cowboys!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If we play our game, dink dunk methodical I don’t think we will lose another game this season. you have to play different against every opponent. And I just didn’t happen against Denver