CFZ Thoughts about da Bears

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I thought this was more of the so called trap game then last week as it's right before a bye. However, with the Bears playing so well on Monday Night, don't think this Cowboy team now will take them lightly.

Offense

-Former Cowboy Coach Eberflus learned under Marinelli with those cover 2 concepts. when he went to Indy, he shout out a good Cowboy Offense. Marinell's like to take away the big play, force teams to drive the entire field and tighten up in the redzone. Dak and the offense need to stay patient.

-Their defense was several good players even without Robert Quinn. Roquan is probably their top guy, but have a very talented secondary. Establish a run game to force them out of those deep coverage shells. This might be a high volume game to Dalton Shultz.

-Their pass rush is considered average at best, Dak should have time in the pocket, but the key is not to force anything. Take what is given.

-Biggest key of all, get a lead and force the Bears to play catch up.

Defense

-This offense reminds me of the Giants. No, Barkley, but they are a very good running team, with a committee of backs and a legitimate dual threat QB. This will be a stiff challenge for our poor run defense. Hopefully, they have learned how to play the read option better then what happened in Philly.

-They are a terrible passing offense, I believe Fields is the most inaccurate in the league. Their OL struggles with pass protection. Take away the TE and force Fields to make receptions on the outside.

-On par with the Giant receivers we faced, if not worse. They are below average and that's saying a lot. Key is to not allow Fields to pick up 1st downs with his legs, make him beat us with his arm. Sound familiar? Easier said then done. Need to play zone coverage and spy their QB.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I thought this was more of the so called trap game then last week as it's right before a bye. However, with the Bears playing so well on Monday Night, don't think this Cowboy team now will take them lightly.

Offense

-Former Cowboy Coach Eberflus learned under Marinelli with those cover 2 concepts. when he went to Indy, he shout out a good Cowboy Offense. Marinell's like to take away the big play, force teams to drive the entire field and tighten up in the redzone. Dak and the offense need to stay patient.

-Their defense was several good players even without Robert Quinn. Roquan is probably their top guy, but have a very talented secondary. Establish a run game to force them out of those deep coverage shells. This might be a high volume game to Dalton Shultz.

-Their pass rush is considered average at best, Dak should have time in the pocket, but the key is not to force anything. Take what is given.

Defense

-This offense reminds me of the Giants. No, Barkley, but they are a very good running team, with a committee of backs and a legitimate dual threat QB. This will be a stiff challenge for our poor run defense. Hopefully, they have learned how to play the read option better then what happened in Philly.

-They are a terrible passing offense, I believe Fields is the most inaccurate in the league. Their OL struggles with pass protection. Take away the TE and force Fields to make receptions on the outside.

-On par with the Giant receivers we faced, if not worse. They are below average and that's saying a lot. Key is to not allow Fields to pick up 1st downs with his legs, make him beat us with his arm. Sound familiar? Easier said then done. Need to play zone coverage and spy their QB.

He will somehow look semi accurate against us with all the RPO action etc

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Clear run 1st offense, they are #1 rushing team in the league. They good lineup at RB and add Fields to the mix they can cause problems. If Cowboys can stop the running game force Chicago into being 1 dimensional. Should be able to win with relative ease

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Clear run 1st offense, they are #1 rushing team in the league. They good lineup at RB and add Fields to the mix they can cause problems. If Cowboys can stop the running game force Chicago into being 1 dimensional. Should be able to win with relative ease
That's the key, as it was with last week, but they had success on the ground. Easier said then done.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First RPO drill the QB
Every RPO drill the QB

They may play a cover 2 against everyone else, but against us, Corners off, safeties up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That's the key, as it was with last week, but they had success on the ground. Easier said then done.

True, There passing game is a mess, Fields has thrown 1 more int than he has TD 5 TD to 6 Ints. While he will run, he has also been sacked more than any QB in the league. I fully expect to see Dallas playing zone coverages main reason it is hard to play man on man vs running QB where secondary has their backs to the QB.

Macnalty

Reaction score

Offense

Defense

I agree across the board, we're going to have to establish a lead to make this game comfortable.

cowboyec

Reaction score
gotta take away the run and force them to throw.
with our defense,i like our chances.
could be a big sack day for our guys as well.
bears oline gives up a'lotta sacks.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
First RPO drill the QB
Every RPO drill the QB

They may play a cover 2 against everyone else, but against us, Corners off, safeties up.
RPO stands for run, pass, option. The QB can hand the ball to the back or throw it to a WR, depending on what the LB does.

Read option is a run play 100%. The QB can hand it to the RB or take off with it himself, depending on what the DE does.

Either way we need to be prepared to stop both.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I would add Cowboys offense needs to get things going, You put up points and force Chicago to throw the ball. Chicago will run all day as long as they can stay in reach of the game.
Biggest key for the offense, make the Bears play behind and be forced to pass.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

Offense

Defense

Good stuff.

Attack the QB as a passer and runner. Blow him up everywhere he is on the field. Cover him with a spy every down and send that player after him. Stop the run, we win this game. Simple.

Pursue and fly to the ball, and finish off the ball carrier with clean, sure tackling.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Good stuff.

Attack the QB as a passer and runner. Blow him up everywhere he is on the field. Cover him with a spy every down and send that player after him. Stop the run, we win this game. Simple.

Pursue and fly to the ball, and finish off the ball carrier with clean, sure tackling.

Fields in one concern but Chicago got a couple of running backs that have been very productive

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RPO stands for run, pass, option. The QB can hand the ball to the back or throw it to a WR, depending on what the LB does.

Read option is a run play 100%. The QB can hand it to the RB or take off with it himself, depending on what the DE does.

Either way we need to be prepared to stop both.
Many variations of the RPO the bears leave the QB exposed a lot, deck him.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
ADlU.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score

Offense

Defense

NO less likely seeing them beat NE 33-17 as underdogs, thats good thing. also Bears feeling real good about themselves, likelihood they fall into their own trap..back tot he bottom >))

I dont think our team has played one perfect game this year and had few stinkers and many close one.no way any coach, player, or fan should be feeling lie they can afford to take team lightly, we are in 3rd place in our own division...

case closed we need them all just to get out of the east this year..could be 3 teams in double digit wins. dogfight until the last game guys..no gimmees no weeks off..