Thoughts about Denver

Thomas82

Reaction score
i remember that game....its like we were not prepared at all....seems this team is different....opportunistic....the defense rises to occasion....and i am Ok Dak or Rush this game...but we have to take it seriously

or we will lose

Apparently Dak is playing, so I like our chances.

Reactions: BAT

Macnalty

Reaction score
Until the broncs traded Von Miller, they had a very good defense. With that trade and a few injuries, their D is somewhat diminished. Their defense has been one of the top 5 in points against. I expect this game to be very physical.
Their Rookie CB Surtain is playing very well and not just for a Rookie. IMO we got the steal of the draft especially picking up an extra pick.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Vikings were not conservative. They could not protect Cousins from the Cowboys pass rush. To beat the Cowboys you will have to run the football and convert on 3rd downs. The Vikings could not do either of them.
Cousins hasn't had many bad games this year, but he did vs Dallas.
The conservative play-calling played a role in that too, but he just had a poor game.

Bridgewater is playing pretty well this year. I like him better than most.
But I about fell out of my chair when someone in the thread said he is a better QB than Cousins. lol. Good grief.
1 in 32 GMs might think that (probably 0 in 32)....it's preposterous.

HOWEVER, he might play better than that jag performance Cousins put up last week.
Week to week league

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Cousins hasn't had many bad games this year, but he did vs Dallas.
The conservative play-calling played a role in that too, but he just had a poor game.

Bridgewater is playing pretty well this year. I like him better than most.
But I about fell out of my chair when someone in the thread said he is a better QB than Cousins. lol. Good grief.
1 in 32 GMs might think that (probably 0 in 32)....it's preposterous.

HOWEVER, he might play better than that jag performance Cousins put up last week.
Week to week league
Not saying Denver has no chance Sunday but without their pass rushers and left tackle, the Vikings are a better team then the Broncos. I get the hate for Cousins but he is a top 15 quarterback. Teddy is a great person but is really just a high end backup like Fitzmagic.

Ren

Reaction score
They traded away my only concern, Miller could have been a problem with Tyron out but now we don’t even have that to worry about. We’re better across the board and should win this comfortably which makes it just the kind of game we’d come out an lay an egg

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not saying Denver has no chance Sunday but without their pass rushers and left tackle, the Vikings are a better team then the Broncos. I get the hate for Cousins but he is a top 15 quarterback. Teddy is a great person but is really just a high-end backup like Fitzmagic.
No doubt that the Vikings are better than Denver. Can't ever overlook anyone, but Dallas should win.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Vikings squeeze into the playoffs.
Top 6 spots are probably already taken, amazingly.
But that 7th is wide open.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Having seen Denver too much this season, but did watch them against the two NY teams:

-Teddy Bridewater has beaten the Cowboys recently when it was with the NO Saints. He can beat you with his legs.

-Have a lot of talent on the offensive skill positions, 2 good backs, 2 good WR's. Sutton is probably their biggest weapon and should see Diggs a whole lot this game.

-OL is average at best. Force them into passing situations and the Cowboy D should have great chance for success.

-They just traded away their best and perhaps only pass rusher in Von Miller. Chubb is currently on the ir. Best player on their DL is Shelby Harris, this game is more about protecting the interior then the edges.

-LB's are a mash unit, many injuries have forced Browning from Ohio State, many including myself liked coming out in this year's draft. Cowboys should have a distinct advantage in running the football this week.

-Secondary has Simmons who is a star at Free Safety and Surtain, who many know I am not too high on as most. To be fair he has had a strong rookie season thus far. Put Cooper on him and see if he can handle quickness. Darby, the former Eagle is the player to attack in their secondary.

Our defense is simply too fast for Bridgwater to beat us with his legs.
This team has problems scoring, we do not. We should walk up and down the field on this team. I could see this being 35 to 17 and over by start of 4th quarter.

Then again, everytime I think we are gonna crush someone.... we dont, so what do I know? Not much.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This team has problems scoring, we do not. We should walk up and down the field on this team. I could see this being 35 to 17 and over by start of 4th quarter.

Then again, every time I think we are gonna crush someone.... we dont, so what do I know? Not much.
Yep
Teddy is one of the LEAST running QBs in the league.

Literally....I think he's 25th in rushing yards per game among QBs.

reddyuta

Reaction score
they cant stop the run ,they cant do what Minny did and load up the box either because Dak is back.we should cover the spread easily.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Then again, everytime I think we are gonna crush someone.... we dont, so what do I know? Not much.
Darnold beat us with his legs, why can't Bridewater?

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
34-17 is my prediction. But not as close as the score might indicate. Denver gets one in junk time after we have the game in control.

The only way we lose this game especially playing at home is if we go out of our way to give it away.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
34-17 is my prediction. But not as close as the score might indicate. Denver gets one in junk time after we have the game in control.

The only way we lose this game especially playing at home is if we go out of our way to give it away.

I just predicted 34-20 in the game thread. I can see us starting a little conservative and then lighting them up in the 2nd half.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Still hating on the 2nd best defensive player in the draft. I believe the Cowboys defense would different but just as successful if we drafted Surtain. Anyway let’s not over rate Teddy B, Cousins is better then him. They had home games against the Raiders and Ravens to prove their worth. Got embarrassed both games. I would be worried if Rush was starting but Dak should put up 35+ and the Broncos won’t be able to score that much.
disagree Parsons has far bigger impact given Jsmith departure already at LB playing porky, LVes decline and the facts we have diggs, brown, and Lewis playing well as group and KJ/Wright in the wings..

sorry but whos replacing parsons at LB and DE? who replacing his work ehtic, motivation, his energy, his impacts on the culture..we got far more then expected from this guy..

we didn't really need corner as bad as we thought and ended up with parsons and who Gholston or Osa in the third because of the trade down.t hat trade down was only because we didn't get Surtain or Horn..

no way this defense looks the same give the impact of Parsons, Gholston and Osa..

it worked out great and no way id go back and change it even if surtain had 10 sacks right now..

the draft is like playing Janga and you cant trying an remove and replace blocks without it effecting the rest of the stability and end up collapsing, because we dint get surtain is the reason we got a lot of other talent with Parons this draft we wouldn't have been the same getting Surtain..

blueblood70

Reaction score
take all game seriously respect them all, predicting wins and blowouts over an opponents apparent weakness is a trap game..

lucky it fans who do this..not the team

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that old "they don't show up against teams they should dominate and let them hang around" gone? It isn't for me yet. They haven't proven they are not still that team.

And this is a perfect game to do that in. Home game, Prescott is back and they're a double digit favorite.

However, time was when that set the alarms off and they started the self-inflicted wounds with mistakes, penalties and turnovers.

It is hard to win a game in the NFL but if this team is a true contender, they put the Broncos away by 14. Because that is what a very good team does to a mediocre team.

Are the Cowboys a good team or a very good team? I do not believe they are the best team and it is time to start the move toward very good with the back half of the season. Can they take that good team performance in MIN and turn that into a very good one?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
disagree Parsons has far bigger impact given Jsmith departure already at LB playing porky, LVes decline and the facts we have diggs, brown, and Lewis playing well as group and KJ/Wright in the wings..

sorry but whos replacing parsons at LB and DE? who replacing his work ehtic, motivation, his energy, his impacts on the culture..we got far more then expected from this guy..

we didn't really need corner as bad as we thought and ended up with parsons and who Gholston or Osa in the third because of the trade down.t hat trade down was only because we didn't get Surtain or Horn..

no way this defense looks the same give the impact of Parsons, Gholston and Osa..

it worked out great and no way id go back and change it even if surtain had 10 sacks right now..

the draft is like playing Janga and you cant trying an remove and replace blocks without it effecting the rest of the stability and end up collapsing, because we dint get surtain is the reason we got a lot of other talent with Parons this draft we wouldn't have been the same getting Surtain..
I trust Quinn and Cowboys player development. I think they had a plan for having two big corners like Surtain and Diggs. The defense would have looked different but it still would have been effective. We would have probably drafted the Notre Dame linebacker in the second round. He was playing well for Cleveland until he got injured.
Parsons was the right choice but nobody thought he was going to be this good. He has Hall of Fame talent. His speed and pursuit is second to none.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Good write up
Rest Dak and start Rush
Dumb!
We could definitely lose to Denver with Rush. We got very lucky to beat Minnesota with Rush. The long throw to Amari could have easily been picked off. Rush looked terrible in the 1st half vs Minnesota. Dak puts up 40 vs Minnesota.

I don’t want to see Rush on the Field again, unless we are up by 40 with 3 minutes to play.