CFZ Thoughts about Jaguars!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
To be honest, I haven't seen any Jaguars games this season. This breakdown will probably be shorter than usual. Thought this was the so called "trap game" prior to last week's game against the Texans. With the Cowboys barely winning, don't think they will take this team lightly.

Offense

-Jaguars are very stout against the run, I believe they are top 10 in that department. However, they rank towards the bottom in pass defense. Might have to win this game throwing the football, but have to try to stay balanced.

-They really aren't a huge threat rushing the passer, as their top guy has only 5 sacks.

-Their secondary is extremely young, many draft guys will remember the likes of Tyson Campbell and Andre Cisco. Our receivers will have a distinct advantage if we play clean.

Defense

-Their HC, Doug Peterson was the former Eagle Coach and should know all about our strengths and weaknesses. Expect to see a ton of read options and Lawrence is more athletic then many realize.

-Another tough challenge stopping the run, their main back Etienne is a quality back that averages close to 5 yards a carry.

-Ton of speed all over the field Kirk, Marvin Jones, Zay Jones. Engram the former Giant he having a solid season and he also possesses elite speed. Cowboys have to protect giving up the big passing plays.

-Good news is, their OL is one of the worst in protecting their QB. There should be opportunities to rush the passer, unless Jax does what other teams have done against our defense, short, quick passes.

Special Teams

Nothing of note.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Truth is we're going to struggle more than fans on here think we are for whatever reason. It's not going to be an easy game. Going to be guys on their offense running wide open, we get the ball it's a MIRACLE to get a guy wide open!

Defense will struggle, Micah will be quiet, Joseph will have a big pass on him, diggs will have one on him as well because it's happened before!

Their running back will eat, you have to play mind games with yourself as a cowboys fan so when it happens you're not looking like HOW DID THIS HAPPEN lol

baltcowboy

Reaction score
To be honest, I haven't seen any Jaguars games this season. This breakdown will probably be shorter than usual. Thought this was the so called "trap game" prior to last week's game against the Texans. With the Cowboys barely winning, don't think they will take this team lightly.

Offense

-Jaguars are very stout against the run, I believe they are top 10 in that department. However, they rank towards the bottom in pass defense. Might have to win this game throwing the football, but have to try to stay balanced.

-They really aren't a huge threat rushing the passer, as their top guy has only 5 sacks.

-Their secondary is extremely young, many draft guys will remember the likes of Tyson Campbell and Andre Cisco. Our receivers will have a distinct advantage if we play clean.

Defense

-Their HC, Doug Peterson was the former Eagle Coach and should know all about our strengths and weaknesses. Expect to see a ton of read options and Lawrence is more athletic then many realize.

-Another tough challenge stopping the run, their main back Etienne is a quality back that averages close to 5 yards a carry.

-Ton of speed all over the field Kirk, Marvin Jones, Zay Jones. Engram the former Giant he having a solid season and he also possesses elite speed. Cowboys have to protect giving up the big passing plays.

-Good news is, their OL is one of the worst in protecting their QB. There should be opportunities to rush the passer, unless Jax does what other teams have done against our defense, short, quick passes.

Special Teams

Nothing of note.
I saw them against the Ravens. They are the classic team that will finish under .500 this season but win 10+ games next season. Lawrence light bulb came on in the 4th quarter against the Ravens, he was the best quarterback by far on the field against the Ravens and Lamar was healthy. Joseph and Bland will be tested. Their defense is a work and progress but they have the athletes to force turnovers. Dak needs to throw the football this game. Their secondary and linebackers in pass coverage is their weakness.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

Nothing of note.

Good stuff. My take:

- Protect our QB and the WRs need to separate and win. I think Dak will have a little emphasis on protecting the rock.
- Pass rush has to win. If they don’t get him Trevor will pick our backup CBs apart.

silvernblu

Reaction score
I expect Cowboys to come out and dominate in this game, afterwards I expect to hear we did not play anyone.

I expect a close first half, sending this board into a frenzy of “one and done” talk. Complaining about Dak (or if you are a Dak acolyte, about Kellen Moore). Complaining about Pollard not getting snaps. Complaining about Parsons sitting out any play.

Then I expect a Cowboys blowout in 2nd half. But people still complaining it was too close in first half.

We will see how I do.

FaSho

Reaction score
My worry is them just throwing quick passes to wide open receivers like the Texans did to neutralize our pass rush...

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I expect a close first half, sending this board into a frenzy of “one and done” talk. Complaining about Dak (or if you are a Dak acolyte, about Kellen Moore). Complaining about Pollard not getting snaps. Complaining about Parsons sitting out any play.

Then I expect a Cowboys blowout in 2nd half. But people still complaining it was too close in first half.

We will see how I do.

It will be close all game so we can bash them before the holidays!!!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
With our team already looking towards the Eagles game, I'm predicting an upset here.
I really want to believe our team is different, and we'll evade the trap-game losses, but we seem to be falling into the same failing patterns.
The Jags game will say a lot about this team.

Flamma

Reaction score
We're going to Jacksonville, I think we'll kick ***. No pressure. That's when the Cowboys play best.

visionary

Reaction score
With our team already looking towards the Eagles game, I'm predicting an upset here.
I really want to believe our team is different, and we'll evade the trap-game losses, but we seem to be falling into the same failing patterns.
The Jags game will say a lot about this team.

this
Good chance we lay an egg

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I saw them against the Ravens. They are the classic team that will finish under .500 this season but win 10+ games next season. Lawrence light bulb came on in the 4th quarter against the Ravens, he was the best quarterback by far on the field against the Ravens and Lamar was healthy. Joseph and Bland will be tested. Their defense is a work and progress but they have the athletes to force turnovers. Dak needs to throw the football this game. Their secondary and linebackers in pass coverage is their weakness.
What I read was they can be beaten through the air, but very strong against the run. This could be a potential game to get Dak right.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Good stuff. My take:

- Protect our QB and the WRs need to separate and win. I think Dak will have a little emphasis on protecting the rock.
- Pass rush has to win. If they don’t get him Trevor will pick our backup CBs apart.
Agree, have to get pressure on them or they will attack us down the field.