CFZ Thoughts about the Detroit Lions!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Offense

-Very important that Dak doesn't come out flat as this defense is one of the worst in the league

-Hutchinson is the edge player to key on, the Lions will use him all over the line looking for the best matchups.

-Brockers who have given the Cowboys offense problems in the past playing for the Rams is the interior guy who can make some plays.

-Linebackers are pretty solid, especially against the run. However, some teams have had some success.

-Secondary outside of Okuda is very poor. This could potentially be a great game for Dak to get the offense going.

Defense

-Much harder then many realize, one of the best scoring offenses in the league.

-Have a legitimate run game, especially with Swift coming back this week. Cowboy run defense needs to play much better this week or they could potentially be in trouble.

-Their OL is one of the better units throughout the league and don't give up many sacks.

-St Brown and their TE Hockenson are their two best weapons in the passing game. Kearse will need to play another strong game against the TE. They move St Brown all over, so our secondary must be up to the task.

-Kind of like last week, in which they failed, must put the game on Goff's arm, not their run game.

Detroit has only 1 win but they have been in every game except against NE. They had 2 weeks to study the Cowboys and are looking to rebound from their last poor performance.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Don’t love the matchup despite the record…they’re a great running team and that’s our biggest weakness.

If we stop the run I think we kill them but if they get the run game going they could keep it close enough to sneak a win.

Please play Parsons at LBr on base downs.

75boyz

Reaction score
I heard their o-line graded out well through most of their games before being shut out by NE.
I have not followed them other than to know that their other losses before NE were all close losses that could have been decided by a play or 2.

Goff has shown to produce points for their offense.

They gave Philly a good game.

Bout all I got.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I just hope the Cowboys keep the same philosophy as they have had. Run the football, avoid turnovers, and let your defense do their thing. They do that this game should be a W.

They let Dak Prescott who hasnt played in a month come in and sling the ball 40+ times there will probably be some good, some bad, and a close game as a result.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Detroit seems to play us tough for whatever reason.
I know the team will not take them lightly, but some fans do.
It will not be a cake walk, but sure hope I am wrong. I would like to see a game like we had against the Colts some years back. When we just dominated from the start, when most had us losing.

I just want the gamete to get here, and see how it all goes. With Dak back, how he looks. Does Moore stick with the run game as it has improved.
How will the defense respond.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Dangerous opponent given they were shut out last game in embarrassing fashion. They are coming off a bye week giving them plenty of time to correct the errors of their ways. I think this defense has to step up big time and control these Lions with ferocious attacks to both the qb and the running game. Dak has to have a bounce back game. I'm sure the Tampa loss must be still in his mind somewhere. I think we win but not easily. Our running game must get off the bus and Moore must utilize his strength.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Offense

-Very important that Dak doesn't come out flat as this defense is one of the worst in the league

-Hutchinson is the edge player to key on, the Lions will use him all over the line looking for the best matchups.

-Brockers who have given the Cowboys offense problems in the past playing for the Rams is the interior guy who can make some plays.

-Linebackers are pretty solid, especially against the run. However, some teams have had some success.

-Secondary outside of Okuda is very poor. This could potentially be a great game for Dak to get the offense going.

Defense

-Much harder then many realize, one of the best scoring offenses in the league.

-Have a legitimate run game, especially with Swift coming back this week. Cowboy run defense needs to play much better this week or they could potentially be in trouble.

-Their OL is one of the better units throughout the league and don't give up many sacks.

-St Brown and their TE Hockenson are their two best weapons in the passing game. Kearse will need to play another strong game against the TE. They move St Brown all over, so our secondary must be up to the task.

-Kind of like last week, in which they failed, must put the game on Goff's arm, not their run game.

Detroit has only 1 win but they have been in every game except against NE. They had 2 weeks to study the Cowboys and are looking to rebound from their last poor performance.
You can make the argument this is the best offense we will face so far if Chark and Swift are healthy. Goff is a solid top 20 quarterback that has killed us over the years. Plus they are coming off a bye. Broaddus says they have a downhill power running game. It might be time to play three linebackers instead of three safeties for this game. Hoekenson and St. Brown are top 10 players at their positions.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dan Campbell is a coach players like to play for. After their shut out loss in their last game I think he will have the lions fired up.

The lions have a very good offense that runs the ball well and a decent passing game. Goff is not that mobile so our pass rush will certainly be a big factor.

I expect the Cowboys to win but also expect this to be a tough slog. They are better than most one win teams. Our offense is still sluggish and Dak will probably be rusty. I’m expecting something like a 21-16 win.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My opinion we need to put up 24 points to win and if our offense can't muster that, against this pathetic defense we're in a world of hurt

Cowboyny

Reaction score
You can make the argument this is the best offense we will face so far if Chark and Swift are healthy. Goff is a solid top 20 quarterback that has killed us over the years. Plus they are coming off a bye. Broaddus says they have a downhill power running game. It might be time to play three linebackers instead of three safeties for this game. Hoekenson and St. Brown are top 10 players at their positions.
They have a real good offense with a real bad defense. Must do better against the run this week or we can be in a dogfight to the end.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Don’t love the matchup despite the record…they’re a great running team and that’s our biggest weakness.

If we stop the run I think we kill them but if they get the run game going they could keep it close enough to sneak a win.

Please play Parsons at LBr on base downs.
It's a good challenge, especially the game after they struggled against the run. Bottom line is, they have to get better in that area.