CFZ Thoughts about the Texans!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This is not the so called "trap game", where I feel next week will be more so. Haven't seen the Texans outside of the Giants/Eagle games. Here is what is what I can gather:

Offense

-Lovie Smith comes from that Rod Marinelli coaching tree. Undersized front, with cover 2 shells to keep everything in front of them to prevent the big passing plays. Dak must remain patient and take what is given underneath. Not the week to force any throws.
-Think the Cowboys can run the football and wear down this front.
-Pitre the rookie from Baylor, is very talented, but struggles tackling in space. Gave up a huge TD to the Giants due to this.
-Their pass rush is led by Jerry Hughes, they should be able to protect

Defense

-Just like last few weeks, stop the run, win the game! Damien Pierce has been the only real offensive weapon for the Texans. Breaks a lot of tackles. Cowboys have another challenge on their hands.
-Their OL is led by Tunsil, but after him they are below average. Couldn't of been more wrong about Kenyon Green, who has really struggled this season, Tyler Smith is night and day better this year.
-Brandon Cooks is the only receiver to worry about and he may not even play, dealing with a nagging calf issue.

Special Teams

-Desmond King can hurt us in the return game, must be careful with him.

As long as Pierce doesn't dominate and the Cowboys don't beat themselves, this game should be over by the 3rd quarter. Just stack up another win and move on the Jacksonville.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This is not the so called "trap game", where I feel next week will be more so. Haven't seen the Texans outside of the Giants/Eagle games. Here is what is what I can gather:

Offense

-Lovie Smith comes from that Rod Marinelli coaching tree. Undersized front, with cover 2 shells to keep everything in front of them to prevent the big passing plays. Dak must remain patient and take what is given underneath. Not the week to force any throws.
-Pitre the rookie from Baylor, is very talented, but struggles tackling in space. Gave up a huge TD to the Giants due to this.

Defense

-Just like last few weeks, stop the run, win the game! Damien Pierce has been the only real offensive weapon for the Texans. Breaks a lot of tackles. Cowboys have another challenge on their hands.
-Their OL is led by Tunsil, but after him they are below average. Couldn't of been more wrong about Kenyon Green, who has really struggled this season, Tyler Smith is night and day better this year.
-Brandon Cooks is the only receiver to worry about and he may not even play, dealing with a nagging calf issue.

Special Teams

As long as Pierce doesn't dominate and the Cowboys don't beat themselves, this game should be over by the 3rd quarter. Just stack up another win and move on the Jacksonville.
Is Stingley going to play? What happened to all of their talent from the last couple of drafts. Before the season some media members was saying Davis Mills going to have a breakout second season. What happened? They could have beaten New York and the Eagles. They have middle of the pack talent.

shabazz

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a coach that looks less engaged and interested than Lovie Smith on the sidelines?

“ I’ll take “ a phrase that nobody on ESPN will be allowed to utter” for $500, Alex.

He’s one of the “ beloved, sacred cows” of the NFL and a media darling. Criticism about him will be yet another censored thing in our cultural algorithm.

Has anyone seen him listed as one of the coaches on the hot seat this year?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
“ I’ll take “ a phrase that nobody on ESPN will be allowed to utter” for $500, Alex.

He’s one of the “ beloved, sacred cows” of the NFL and a media darling. Criticism about him will be yet another censored thing in our cultural algorithm.

Has anyone seen him listed as one of the coaches on the hot seat this year?
He never shows an ounce of emotion. He blankly stares ahead looking like he's ready to head home.

It's weird.

I've never seen a head coach be less engaged.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Is Stingley going to play? What happened to all of their talent from the last couple of drafts. Before the season some media members was saying Davis Mills going to have a breakout second season. What happened? They could have beaten New York and the Eagles. They have middle of the pack talent.
He has been dealing with a hamstring issue for several weeks, not sure if he will be playing.

quickccc

Reaction score

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

Havic

Reaction score
I've watched a couple of Texan games, the defense is poor and outside of their running back, they are a bad team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
when i think of the texans the poop emoji comes to mind
yet we get flack against the colts for not blowing them out later and it was close UMM the eagles only won 17-16 with 2 late scores, they were DOWN nearly all game

Texans -Eagles- wasn't it a tie at the half?

Jags- eagles 4 gifts and still dogfight until the end.

why is it our fans expect us to just go out and have 20 point lead on these allegedly bad teams when the mighty eagles didnt do it??

our fanbase is ridiculous is why, the expectations going into games and saying ,yup should be up by 20 at the half..thats ridiculous,

this is the nfl and teams have players on the other side and plan at least to start the games to compete. yes the better teams typically win but doesn't mean they won't make it a game for a while.

goalposts constantly move, expectations so out of sync with reality

its get old, the criticisms after big wins, the breakdowns of each throw or each mistake is ridiculous.. we are a 4rth qtr defensive collapse loss in OT from being 6-0 since Daks been back but somehow the feel around here is like we went 3-3..ugh,

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
I have an intense dislike for the Texans. Not sure why, I liked the Oilers, rooted for them unless they were playing the Cowboys, but I took an immediate dislike of the Texans and it's still that way. I hope we drive them into the ground. This state ain't big enough for two teams.