CFZ Thoughts about this week's huge divisional road game!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
-We still don't know who is starting at QB, however, it seems Rush is most likely.

-Eagles offense presents many challenges. RPO with a legitimate dual threat QB, talented skill positional players and perhaps the best OL's in football. What strategy should the Cowboys use to defend them?

-Minnesota got lit up playing soft deep shell coverage, the Cowboys need to do the complete opposite, stack the box, play tight man coverage and force Hurts to beat them with his arm not his legs. Must stay disciplined with their rush lanes. Take away their run game and force them to drive the entire field. I would use Wilson as a spy and Kearse matching up with their TE. Watkins could be dangerous as that over the top type of receiver.

-Eagles still have a loaded defensive line, but they are an aging one. Their linebackers are average and have one top corner in Slay. Successfully running the football will be paramount as it won't allow their rushers to just pin their ears back. There should be opportunities in the passing game if they can hold up in protection.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
-We still don't know who is starting at QB, however, it seems Rush is most likely.

-Eagles offense presents many challenges. RPO with a legitimate dual threat QB, talented skill positional players and perhaps the best OL's in football. What strategy should the Cowboys use to defend them?

-Minnesota got lit up playing soft deep shell coverage, the Cowboys need to do the complete opposite, stack the box, play tight man coverage and force Hurts to beat them with his arm not his legs. Must stay disciplined with their rush lanes. Take away their run game and force them to drive the entire field. I would use Wilson as a spy and Kearse matching up with their TE. Watkins could be dangerous as that over the top type of receiver.

-Eagles still have a loaded defensive line, but they are an aging one. Their linebackers are average and have one top corner in Slay. Successfully running the football will be paramount as it won't allow their rushers to just pin their ears back. There should be opportunities in the passing game if they can hold up in protection.
Come on brother. I thought you learned to not underestimate the Cowboys defense. The Eagles have injuries on their vaunted offensive line that needs to be monitored. The great duel threat quarterback has thrown 4 touchdown passes on the season. Same as Rush. The key will be our offense vs their defense. I think they have the advantage but if we can run the ball we can control the game.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’d be happy to just see us be competitive w/out Dak.

If we lose like 17-10 and the D continues to play great I’d be fine.

I have pretty low expectations going against one of the best teams in football without our starting QB.

cowboyec

Reaction score
it's always tough vs a division rival...specially the eagles.
the hate both ways is real.
on the road.
they are good in the one area our defense struggles in...the run.
if we can stop or slow down their run game and force hurts to beat us thru the air...i love our chances.
i think this is a game we can and will win.
our defense comes thru again in another road test...rush continues to drive the hell outta this bus....and its our run game that is the story on monday.
dallas wins a tough one...17-14.
GO☆COWBOYS.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We whipped these fools twice a year ago. What difference does a year make? Last season the Rams and Bengals played in the Super Bowl.;)

Blackrain

Reaction score
My thoughts are Dak needs to suck it up put his big boy pants on and play this game against our most hated division rivals.

This is a very important game that could have playoff implications later in the year.
Cooper Rush has gone above and beyond and exceeded all expectations.

He has left things in perfect order for Dak to take over.
Now is the time to take advantage of daks skill set.
He flat out needs to play Yes he will be in pain probably for a long time to come.
Just because the hand is healed doesn't mean he won't be in pain he needs to overcome it get under center and get it done.
Two and a half million a game requires you to do things that are not expected from normal people.

If you're getting paid like your Super Man you have to at least try to be

ShortRound

Reaction score
My thoughts are Dak needs to suck it up put his big boy pants on and play this game against our most hated division rivals.

This is a very important game that could have playoff implications later in the year.
Cooper Rush has gone above and beyond and exceeded all expectations.

He has left things in perfect order for Dak to take over.
Now is the time to take advantage of daks skill set.
He flat out needs to play Yes he will be in pain probably for a long time to come.
Just because the hand is healed doesn't mean he won't be in pain he needs to overcome it get under center and get it done.
Two and a half million a game requires you to do things that are not expected from normal people.

If you're getting paid like your Super Man you have to at least try to be

Dude sat out because of wrong cleats. I don’t expect him back for Eagles at all.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Dude sat out because of wrong cleats. I don’t expect him back for Eagles at all.
I would be surprised if he played but we could sure use somebody who could make some plays with their legs in this game.

I believe this is a very winnable game it is just not a good matchup for Cooper Rush to try and win and he has done everything expected of him now it's time for Dak to step up

ShortRound

Reaction score
I would be surprised if he played but we could sure use somebody who could make some plays with their legs in this game.

I believe this is a very winnable game it is just not a good matchup for Cooper Rush to try and win and he has done everything expected of him now it's time for Dak to step up

Yeah I want Dak to play well, I'm rooting for him. Just have doubts, we'll see.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
Full disclosure Eagle fan here, I think this game is one of the most intriguing games in awhile. I thinking the talents on both rosters are relatively even although each team’s strengths are in different areas. I think that whoever’s coaching staff that comes up with the best scheme to combat their opponents strength, wins this game, barring too much input from the zebras.
Enjoy the game.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yeah I want Dak to play well, I'm rooting for him. Just have doubts, we'll see.
I want to see 2016 DAk the live for the day ride it like you stole it put the team on your back move the chain Dak.

I don't want to see the I'm going to try and protect myself, I get paid like Peyton Manning so I'm going to try and play like him and be a pocket passer and never run the ball.

plymkr

Reaction score
Come on brother. I thought you learned to not underestimate the Cowboys defense. The Eagles have injuries on their vaunted offensive line that needs to be monitored. The great duel threat quarterback has thrown 4 touchdown passes on the season. Same as Rush. The key will be our offense vs their defense. I think they have the advantage but if we can run the ball we can control the game.
Wow, I didn't know Hurts has only thrown 4 TD passes all season. Media is hyping him up like he's a hybrid of Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady. I think if we limit his running and make him beat us with his arm then we will win. I don't think he's accurate or consistent enough to throw against our secondary without getting burned.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Eager to see how this defense handles the eagles. Jalens legs are a huge weapon for them. Brown and sanders have been balling also.

pitt33

Reaction score
Full disclosure Eagle fan here, I think this game is one of the most intriguing games in awhile. I thinking the talents on both rosters are relatively even although each team’s strengths are in different areas. I think that whoever’s coaching staff that comes up with the best scheme to combat their opponents strength, wins this game, barring too much input from the zebras.
Enjoy the game.
Tall order getting any likes for ya.

Anyways, I’m a huge Sixers fan.

Go Embid. Go Maxey.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know Hurts has only thrown 4 TD passes all season. Media is hyping him up like he's a hybrid of Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady. I think if we limit his running and make him beat us with his arm then we will win. I don't think he's accurate or consistent enough to throw against our secondary without getting burned.
That because he probably ran in another 6. God, don’t you people watch any other football?