CFZ Thoughts about today's win!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
-20 points is the benchmark, with a strong defense and good special teams they will win many games if the offense reaches this number.

Offense

-Cowboys couldn't run the football what so ever but they stayed with it and got a few big plays off play action. OL really struggled, but to be fair, Washington's interior is very talented and good. OL did well in the penalty department.

-Rush got away with two bad interceptions due to penalties by Washington's Defense. I thought this was his worst game out of the three, but a lot has to due how well they played defense against us.

-Gallup was a huge factor in today's victory. Big 3rd down conversion, TD before half and drew a long penalty. Lamb had another strong outing, most important no dropped passes.

-Shultz is hurting this team more then helping it, thought our TE play was much better last week.

Defense

-Defense had a lot of struggles stopping the run again, especially in the 1st half. Washington used the same runs that TB had success with on the outside. This is an area of concern.

-Pass rush was very solid, but I expect more from this group. Parsons still doesn't look the same since the Cincy game. He is still affecting throws, but not flashing as much. Fowler another strong game.

-Diggs had a very strong game defending a legitimate top WR. The 2 fourth quarter pass breakups ended the game. We have two legitimate playmakers on this unit, don't forget about Diggs. By the way, Lewis might not see his job when he returns, thought Bland played real well, which including a game sealing interception.

Special Teams

-Maher was very consistent once again and he probably saved 2 points with his tackle in that blocked extra point.
-They almost blocked another FG.
-Anger had that poor punt when field position was paramount.

Good grind out win, but now the schedule gets harder the next 2 weeks on the road against top competition, who knows if Dak returns in that span and how he performs after the layoff.

NotForLong

Reaction score
-20 points is the benchmark, with a strong defense and good special teams they will win many games if the offense reaches this number.

Offense

-Cowboys couldn't run the football what so ever but they stayed with it and got a few big plays off play action. OL really struggled, but to be fair, Washington's interior is very talented and good. OL did well in the penalty department.

-Rush got away with two bad interceptions due to penalties by Washington's Defense. I thought this was his worst game out of the three, but a lot has to due how well they played defense against us.

-Gallup was a huge factor in today's victory. Big 3rd down conversion, TD before half and drew a long penalty. Lamb had another strong outing, most important no dropped passes.

-Shultz is hurting this team more then helping it, thought our TE play was much better last week.

Defense

-Defense had a lot of struggles stopping the run again, especially in the 1st half. Washington used the same runs that TB had success with on the outside. This is an area of concern.

-Pass rush was very solid, but I expect more from this group. Parsons still doesn't look the same since the Cincy game. He is still affecting throws, but not flashing as much. Fowler another strong game.

-Diggs had a very strong game defending a legitimate top WR. The 2 fourth quarter pass breakups ended the game. We have two legitimate playmakers on this unit, don't forget about Diggs. By the way, Lewis might not see his job when he returns, thought Bland played real well, which including a game sealing interception.

Special Teams

-Maher was very consistent once again and he probably saved 2 points with his tackle in that blocked extra point.

Good grind out win, but now the schedule gets harder the next 2 weeks on the road against top competition, who knows if Dak returns in that span and how he performs after the layoff.
Its not fair to claim Coopet was bailed with penalties on The "Almost" Interceptions. . . if there is no Pass interference on the 1st one, maybe Cooper doesn't throw it to Pollard and on the 2nd one the Cowboy WR may have caught it

As far as Shultz . . . He is terrible in the Run Game .

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
McCarthy, KM and Philbin always trying to drive me into insanity.

The rotation at LG. Idiotic.

Playing Schultz at starting TE when Cowboys are a run first team and on run plays. Ignorant.

Throwing on 3rd and short when run game was humming. Incompetent.

Allowing a bottom feeding team like WAS to keep game close. Insipid.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
McCarthy, KM and Philbin always trying to drive me into insanity.

The rotation at LG. Idiotic.

Playing Schultz at starting TE when Cowboys are a run first team and on run plays. Ignorant.

Throwing on 3rd and short when run game was humming. Incompetent.

Allowing a bottom feeding team like WAS to keep game close. Insipid.

Glad you were able to enjoy winning by 15 points. I hate to see how you'd feel if they'd lost.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Glad you were able to enjoy winning by 15 points. I hate to see how you'd feel if they'd lost.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth now.

Cowboys did not play well on offense vs a zero win team.

You can ignore that if you like.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

Defense won us another game. This was largely the Zeke and Rush horror offense for most of the game. Zeke sucks.

Nice to see Rush come up big late in games though. Have to give him credit there although those pass interference calls were everything.

cowboyec

Reaction score
defense gives me confidence we can beat anybody.
offense doesn't have to roll up 400yds or 50+pts.
i'd like to see this blueprint on offense moving forward.
don't lose the game...protect the ball...grind the clock...score in the red zone...let the defense win it.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

agree with most of that.. Dak againt the same level of teams wouldnt need the 20point close nail biters toward late in the 4th type games..just saying..that what dak brings is more of passing threat, period. wont be fair if he plays the rams and eagles after long payoff and gets blamed for loss against two contenders. it wil happen.

when dak played this way before his deal in 2017 without zeke for those 6 games, without Tyrone without a great defense, fans said he sucked..its what fan said yet Rush is delivering the same type of games as far as QB productivity and all of sudden its impressive?

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
I haven’t had a chance to look back, Were either of those picks thrown after seeing a flag or where Rush saw holding?
This is a good point. I'd be curious to know as well.