CFZ Thoughts about yesterday’s sloppy win

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Offense

-I wouldn’t be so concerned with the penalties yesterday, teams in short weeks don’t play their best football.
-Dak has to be more aware of where they are driving the football. Cannot take chances when you are in fg range, at worst they should of been tied at halftime.
-Tyler Smith probably had his worst game, but the Giant rookie had a lot to do with that, he looks like a future problem to the division.
-If we can get Zeke playing like yesterday, our run game will be very difficult to stop.
-We are getting nothing out of Noah Brown, we really could use another impactful receiver.

Defense

-Anthony Brown is starting to get exposed as teams are avoiding Diggs. Hooker always seems late and Brown has poor in the air ball skills.
-Did well against the run, although it was a weird called game by the Giants, Jones never used his legs and they were throwing more then they usually do.
-Parsons had another 2 sack game against a quality tackle.

Special Teams

-nothing really stood out, Maher missed a kick in garbage time.

Knew this game was going to be tougher then many realized. 3-1 in the division heading into the stretch run puts this team in excellent shape

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I think McCarthy going for it on 4th at our own 40 early was absurd. He shifted the momentum so heavily over to the Giants on that play and it was completely unnecessary. If he would have just punted it, I feel we would have ended up blowing them out. We were clearly the better team on the field.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I think McCarthy going for it on 4th at our own 40 early was absurd. He shifted the momentum so heavily over to the Giants on that play and it was completely unnecessary. If he would have just punted it, I feel we would have ended up blowing them out. We were clearly the better team on the field.

I like being aggressive in the right situations but MM needs to dial it back. That and we need to stop the turnovers.

Dallasfann

Reaction score

If it was 4th and inches I might of let it slide but it was a legitimate 4th and 2 and the play we ran had absolutely no chance of picking up 2 yards. That was my biggest issue with it. Definitely should of punted on 4th and 2.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Did not get that call either, it was not smart imho.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
If it was 4th and inches I might of let it slide but it was a legitimate 4th and 2 and the play we ran had absolutely no chance of picking up 2 yards. That was my biggest issue with it. Definitely should of punted on 4th and 2.
Agreed, no sense taking that risk at that point in the game.
:angry:

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score

Agree, the only way this wasn’t a blow out is that failed 4th to start the game and two turnovers driving in their territory. All we had to do is play “clean” and not hand them anything and that’s a blow out. The 2nd INT was very flukiest but it’s the nfl. The giants were fighting for their season and we had to overcome self inflicted adversity.
:hammer:

blueblood70

Reaction score
true yet they returned the favor ,so it evened out. MM not the only coach to do these things, see it weekly, wasn't as bad as throwing on all 3 downs then trying to run there, ughh,,I would have punted but hes the Pro..

Techsass

Reaction score
The offense was on the brink, but really didn't show up until the 2nd half & then seemed to ease off again.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Offense

-I wouldn’t be so concerned with the penalties yesterday, teams in short weeks don’t play their best football.
-Dak has to be more aware of where they are driving the football. Cannot take chances when you are in fg range, at worst they should of been tied at halftime.
-Tyler Smith probably had his worst game, but the Giant rookie had a lot to do with that, he looks like a future problem to the division.
-If we can get Zeke playing like yesterday, our run game will be very difficult to stop.
-We are getting nothing out of Noah Brown, we really could use another impactful receiver.

Defense

-Anthony Brown is starting to get exposed as teams are avoiding Diggs. Hooker always seems late and Brown has poor in the air ball skills.
-Did well against the run, although it was a weird called game by the Giants, Jones never used his legs and they were throwing more then they usually do.

Special Teams

Knew this game was going to be tougher then many realized. 3-1 in the division heading into the stretch run puts this team in excellent shape

Good stuff, and I agree with most.

- The penalties are a problem. The play of the OL last year + penalties is the reason we lost IMO.
Offense

Defense

Special Teams

All good and I agree with most.

I thought this was the first game Clark popped a little bit. Him and LVE were a good pair so hopefully a game they can build off to help the run D.

Flamma

Reaction score
Offense

Defense

Special Teams

Zeke is not a bad runner. He's just not Zeke of 2016, and he's not Pollard. But he's still pretty good.

This is why I'm glad I don't gamble anymore. The Maher missed kick wasn't garbage time to gamblers. That was the difference in covering the spread.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nah. Faking a punt from our own 25 yard line was worse. 2020 I think.

That team was going nowhere and he probably felt he didn’t have anything to lose. Plus he had an historically bad defense. This season he’s got one of the best teams in the league and one of the best defenses and the top pass rush. With the importance of the game and the team he’s got the call just didn’t make any sense.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A win is a win.....enjoy it...coaches will break the film down and grade players. Then position coaches watch it with the players and address the good and bad....the penalties need to be on top of the list of the bad..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke is not a bad runner. He's just not Zeke of 2016, and he's not Pollard. But he's still pretty good.

This is why I'm glad I don't gamble anymore. The Maher missed kick wasn't garbage time to gamblers. That was the difference in covering the spread.
i don't bet but i put 31-20 for final score on my just for fun prediction , Maher ruined it for me!! LOL

blueblood70

Reaction score
sloppy? i didn't know they judged and graded levels of wins and losses.. a wins a win is a win..

maybe 3 games in 12 days many guys with nicks, bangs and the flu..stuff happens they get some extra days off now.