Thoughts Post Season

Cebrin

Reaction score
Obviously we're mostly all on board with the exit of Garrett. However, let's discuss some elephants in the trenches.

1) Tyron Smith (God bless him, he's one of the all time greats) is the OL Romo. We've broken him, and for nothing. We need not delay moving forward.

2) Our offensive line is not what it was. Martin, and Fredrick are fine. The rest are fillers, and seem to be guys who can play in the band, but the mojo is gone.

3) I think paying Amari Cooper (and I love the guy) will be detrimental to building a successful team. He's a great talent, but with the growth of Gallup, Free Agency, and the draft, I feel after 8-8 he is expendable with a young core. Stop thinking now, and think soon/perhaps now.

4) I still think a stronger defensive interior would help put the back court in better position to succeed at what it does best.

5) Byron Jones has not done anything worth top dollar. Fight me. :popcorn: He's solid, and so is Heath. Neither are worth an excessive contract.

6) Dak is not the second coming of Jesus, but is more than capable of winning football games with a team that isn't trash, and even a bit with a team that is. I think he's worth paying, and surrounding him with the proper coaching is extremely important.

He's a good teammate, leader, and also humble enough to follow. I'd not only add depth at QB for back up, I'd hire a savy vet to continue pushing his work ethic.

7) I don't believe in Richards. I've heard people say this team is still Marinelli. I don't see a difference in any case. If he's simply a DB guy, I see nothing different. Just a bunch of guys who never look for the ball, and tackle a guy well after he's caught the ball. No toughness. Nothing. Not one ounce of BOOM.

8) This is the first year I've really been on board with the crying about a capable GM. How did Maher make it that far in to the season? We would without a doubt be sitting firmly at the top of the NFCE with a better kicker. Absolutely terrible team management, and sadly added to 10 years of Garrett. Thanks, Jerry.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk. I'm half drunk from a work Christmas Party, and I hope you all have a great New Year. :thumbup:

:starspin::star::starspin::star:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Obviously we're mostly all on board with the exit of Garrett. However, let's discuss some elephants in the trenches.

1) Tyron Smith (God bless him, he's one of the all time greats) is the OL Romo. We've broken him, and for nothing. We need not delay moving forward.

2) Our offensive line is not what it was. Martin, and Fredrick are fine. The rest are fillers, and seem to be guys who can play in the band, but the mojo is gone.

3) I think paying Amari Cooper (and I love the guy) will be detrimental to building a successful team. He's a great talent, but with the growth of Gallup, Free Agency, and the draft, I feel after 8-8 he is expendable with a young core. Stop thinking now, and think soon/perhaps now.

4) I still think a stronger defensive interior would help put the back court in better position to succeed at what it does best.

5) Byron Jones has not done anything worth top dollar. Fight me. :popcorn: He's solid, and so is Heath. Neither are worth an excessive contract.

6) Dak is not the second coming of Jesus, but is more than capable of winning football games with a team that isn't trash, and even a bit with a team that is. I think he's worth paying, and surrounding him with the proper coaching is extremely important.

He's a good teammate, leader, and also humble enough to follow. I'd not only add depth at QB for back up, I'd hire a savy vet to continue pushing his work ethic.

7) I don't believe in Richards. I've heard people say this team is still Marinelli. I don't see a difference in any case. If he's simply a DB guy, I see nothing different. Just a bunch of guys who never look for the ball, and tackle a guy well after he's caught the ball. No toughness. Nothing. Not one ounce of BOOM.

8) This is the first year I've really been on board with the crying about a capable GM. How did Maher make it that far in to the season? We would without a doubt be sitting firmly at the top of the NFCE with a better kicker. Absolutely terrible team management, and sadly added to 10 years of Garrett. Thanks, Jerry.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk. I'm half drunk from a work Christmas Party, and I hope you all have a great New Year. :thumbup:

Good points, agree with most.

willia451

Reaction score
Good post. I don't disagree with any of your points really.

And I appreciate that it seems to have been written by a true Cowboys fan. So thanks for that.

Fire407

Reaction score
At first I thought this thread was about which team has the best chance in the playoffs. My guess is the 49ers in the NFC and the Ravens in the AFC. About our post season, I will just be thrilled to get a new HC.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score

Good post... I disagree on a few things, but am too tired to rebut at this time... lol

1,3 6 and 8... and I'm out...

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Tyron was a first team tackle on the NFC All Pro Team. Martin a first team G.

Collins had a good season, and Frederick had a down year but should be better next year.

So, no rush to replace Tyron, or any of these guys. Williams will compete with McGovern for LG next year. The oline is set.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ng-results-and-full-list-of-players-announced

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we need a new OL coach.
I think Witten needs to retire and seeing him at the end of the game, he knows it too. Thanks JW for your service.
Rod has to go yesterday.
I better see the most dedicated off season from Zeke as anybody.
Need some legit competition for Dak and a seasoned QB coach.
ST coach gone yesterday.
Garrett fired 5 years ago.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Garrett Promoted to assistant GM where he can do the most good and Jerry can save face to a degree while stroking his fragile Ego
Hire the best coach and staff money can buy .
Ace Marinelli so we can draft some Dline without mental and drug problems that can actually participate on the field for us
Draft the biggest most violent run stopping NT on the planet .
Force Tyron to get the back surgery or plan to move on this is not going to get better
Keep looking for a better kicker, This was the silent killer this year , Dan Bailey in his prime has us 2 more wins easy
Zeke needs a mentor.
Hire a Legit back up QB.

Hadenough

Reaction score
All excellent points!
Tyron Smith is a shell of who he was.
Daks not worth paying 30 mil
Amari isnt worth paying 16 mil
Zeke needs to lose weight and work on his stamina
Get a real head and let him hire his own coaching staff

Cebrin

Reaction score
I think we need a new OL coach.
I think Witten needs to retire and seeing him at the end of the game, he knows it too. Thanks JW for your service.
Rod has to go yesterday.
I better see the most dedicated off season from Zeke as anybody.
Need some legit competition for Dak and a seasoned QB coach.
ST coach gone yesterday.
Garrett fired 5 years ago.

Agree on Witt, tho I'll miss his blocking, and leadership.
Tyron got in on merit. He played okay, but can't stay healthy. When he's out, we crumble. Need to groom behind him.
Zeke had one of his best seasons, despite poor playcalling, and getting met in the backfield against good defenses. That's on coaching. Can't complain about 1,300 yds and 12 tds.
Agree on special teams. What a disaster.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I want Amari to return but I wouldn’t be mad if we didn’t resign him. What type of pick would we get if he signed to another team?

I think we can manage with Cobb, Gallup and Smith.

I don’t want to resign Jones either but I been saying this before the season. I rather use the money to resign Quinn.