Three hidden gems for the Cowboys

Hadenough

Reaction score
Neal will be playing LB... that's how he will help the defense. What's interesting about that?
You don't think JaQuan Hardy can be a grinder at RB? Do you even know he is on the roster?
Gallop is a 3WR and should be re-signed accordingly. He's not as good as Coop but at least his head seems to always be in the game.
212 is a little light for LB full time..I would think he would be rotated and play strong safety in the box on running downs and play a LB on passing downs.
Don't know anything about Hardy and we have seen in the past how this team can have a decent RB on the roster who never gets activated for games and they just use 2 RBs.
Gallup could want #2 money at the WR position so there is no guarantee he is back.
Agree he isn't as good as coop but yep his head is in the game.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
There’s no way Gallup a “hidden gem” & that he “might” be the best #3 receiver in the NFL. He could be a #1 on several teams. Are these really hidden gems?! Try Donovan Wilson on special teams, you might even be able to get by calling Randy Gregory a hidden gem. SMH

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It’s an opinion forum Joe, not an agreement party.
There is a difference between posting an opinion and posting a reply to someone else's opinion. One is solicited the other is unsolicited. When sharing an opinion it's always better if it is the solicited variety.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a difference between posting an opinion and posting a reply to someone else's opinion. One is solicited the other is unsolicited. When sharing an opinion it's always better if it is the solicited variety.
There is no such thing as an unsolicited opinion about the Cowboys on this forum. We’re not trying to create a club of the like-minded. It’s an opinion forum.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
212 is a little light for LB full time..I would think he would be rotated and play strong safety in the box on running downs and play a LB on passing downs.
Don't know anything about Hardy and we have seen in the past how this team can have a decent RB on the roster who never gets activated for games and they just use 2 RBs.
Gallup could want #2 money at the WR position so there is no guarantee he is back.
Agree he isn't as good as coop but yep his head is in the game.
McCarthy insists Neal is an LB.
The Cowboys roster is a matter of public record so there is no excuse for not knowing anything about Hardy and yet accusing the Cowboys of not having other RBs that can be a grinder other than Zeke.
No one is guaranteeing Gallup will be back. I can only say what I would do.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Well you said let him go after his contract is up. That’sa lifetime away in NFL terms. Sounded like you and some other’s didn’t know that.
No player has ever been let go before their contract is up. Its unprecedented!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There is no such thing as an unsolicited opinion about the Cowboys on this forum. We’re not trying to create a club of the like-minded. It’s an opinion forum.
Contrary to your opinion, there is a whole list of forum rules detailing unsolicited activity that you are not supposed to encourage. One of those is trolling which is what was occurring when you defended it. Which side are you on? The rules or the trolls?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't see Pollard as a replacement for Zeke, either now or in the future. Both are probably gone in 2023. But he is a great complement.

I wish we made more use of sets with Zeke and Pollard, with Pollard as the "web back" WR/RB hybrid to threaten runs outside the hash marks and deep throws while Zeke threatens runs between the hash marks.

Gallup as the 3rd may have the best 1 and 2 in front of him. Makes life easy on him. Should be good for lots of yards per catch, but not so good for a lot of targets.

We dont need a replacement for Zeke. We need 2 or 3 good backs in a RB by committee. Pollard would be great as one of the top 2 guys. We no longer need a 300 carry per game RB that can carry the offense. We need a versatile, big play, running game that can score from anywhere on the field.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Then why are you acting like Coop can’t be released without a trade?
I wasn't. I was just responding to a post that said they should release him when his contract is up. I replied his contract's good until post 2024 season. They you guys started attacking. They could release him or trade him before then of course. But I do hope they keep him at least another year if not 2.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Here's a Gallup gem from last year.....

Gallup leads the NFL in total go routes run with 71, and ranks third in the league in yards gained on deep receptions with 190 (on just nine total deep targets). Each of those 190 yards have been gained on go routes, with Gallup catching five of nine targets on such routes. Gallup has found the end zone on a deep target once this season, all while existing in a receiving corps that also includes Amari Cooper and rookie CeeDee Lamb, proving his ability to carve out a niche for himself among stellar teammates.

It's fair to wonder if this type of production will decrease now that Dak Prescott is out for the season, but Gallup's best play of 2020 came after Prescott departed Sunday's game with an ankle injury, when backup Andy Dalton lofted a perfectly placed pass to Gallup with the game's result hanging in the balance.

Facing first-and-10 with just 31 seconds left in a tie game, Dalton dropped back, stepped into the oncoming pass rush and heaved a pass toward the sideline as Gallup streaked down the field with Giants cornerback Ryan Lewis in hot pursuit. Gallup leapt, snagged the pass, tapped both feet on the turf inbounds and fell forward as Lewis came down around his ankles, putting the Cowboys in field-goal range and sending the crowd at AT&T Stadium into a frenzy.

The catch stunned everyone except Gallup, who called it "automatic" afterward.

"You just put the ball up anywhere close to him, and he's been able to come down with them," Dalton said after the game.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-s-best-deep-threats-dk-metcalf-michael-gallup-lead-top-10

blueblood70

Reaction score
Although you make a valid point, the argument isnt supported by bring up Houston parting with Dhop. That was a terrible decision and has only served to make them significantly worse.

Coop and Julio are at much different points in their careers as well. Atlanta moved away from a 32 year old often injured WR. Coop is what 27? I might add, Atlanta is NOT a model to follow lol.

Furthermore I don't recall taking a stance on Coop moving forward. As always money talks and we would need to consider a multitude of things before making any decisions. For example what will Gallup costs after a 1200 year season? What is the dead hit on Coop? I am rarely if ever married to any one player. Moving on from anyone can be justified in the right situation.
umm no i disagree its very much the same..i can name 20 players year like AC that are parted with as business decsions..we have Legit backup much younger and healthier so moving on wont be so painful..its not knock on AC you always go younger heathier an d if possible, cheaper..

CWR

Reaction score
umm no i disagree its very much the same..i can name 20 players year like AC that are parted with as business decsions..we have Legit backup much younger and healthier so moving on wont be so painful..its not knock on AC you always go younger heathier an d if possible, cheaper..

There is a massive difference between 27 and 32 in an NFL player.

The key here is where you mentioned "if possible." At this point we don't know what Gallup will command. Then you have to factor in the cap hit of parting ways with Coop also. There are a lot of questions I can't answer so I can't say I'm for or against it.

Me appreciating Coop and his impact does not marry me to him. As always I welcome improvement in talent and cap, so we can aquire more talent.

blueblood70

Reaction score
There is a massive difference between 27 and 32 in an NFL player.

The key here is where you mentioned "if possible." At this point we don't know what Gallup will command. Then you have to factor in the cap hit of parting ways with Coop also. There are a lot of questions I can't answer so I can't say I'm for or against it.

Me appreciating Coop and his impact does not marry me to him. As always I welcome improvement in talent and cap, so we can aquire more talent.
not in this case coop been missing games and snaps his foot issue wont go away will pop up and create issues like 2nd half of 2019 and right now he again dealing with foot/ankle issue..sorry but JJ seamed coveted by others teams and Titans gave up salary and draft stock to get him..so 32 didnt mean a lot to them, ironic?

IMO its very similar situation both teams have younger vet ie Ridley and a rookie new allegedly Generational HYBRID TE, we have 2nd year Lamb..we both have highly paid QBs so cap is an issue yearly..

a lot of ifs and variables, that IF Gallup has big season and IF he wants big deal and of we dont decide tag him etc ...if the FO isnt emotionally married to AC etc and if theres market for AC at 20mil...

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
not in this case coop been missing games and snaps his foot issue wont go away will pop up and create issues like 2nd half of 2019 and right now he again dealing with foot/ankle issue..sorry but JJ seamed coveted by others teams and Titans gave up salary and draft stock to get him..so 32 didnt mean a lot to them, ironic?

IMO its very similar situation both teams have younger vet ie Ridley and a rookie new allegedly Generational HYBRID TE, we have 2nd year Lamb..we both have highly paid QBs so cap is an issue yearly..

Time will tell, but I'd wager Coop has a lot more production left in him than Julio.

Would you take Julio right now over Coop? I wouldn't, doesn't mean I'm right though.

Maybe I'm wrong. That said the Titans are also on the cusp of a superbowl and I think this is them going all in. You're right about our roster construction and the similarities, but I'm not getting past the age difference.