Thursday game: Rams vs. Seahawks

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
so you're comparing TJ Watt to Micah Parsons... zing. Just as I was afraid. Parsons is an edge rusher and shouldn't play ILB.

Been doing it for months, ever since he was drafted. Same with Packers and Clay Matthews and Parsons.

Parsons can be used as an edge rusher or traditional LB. That is what athleticism and running a 4.38 at 250 pounds can do. The offense has no idea what Parsons will be doing on any play. They have to guess. What OL protection to use? Will he blitz? Will he drop? Will the blitz be in the middle or outside?

Offenses and QBs have Parsons on their minds and then have to take a peak at what Diggs is doing. And then figure out what the other nine are doing.

DFWJC

Reaction score
For some reason Pollard just looks like a guy that can't handle 21 plus carries week in, week out. So I preferred the more durable back. It wasn't hating, it was a judgement call.

I made a decision and I was wrong. It was a baaadd call Ripley. It was a bad call.
An awful lot of people in the NFL would still take Henderson, fwiw.
It's not like it was a crazy take on things.
But Pollard mixes perfectly with Zeke

lqmac1

Reaction score
Stafford will be exposed as time goes on. He is no better than Goff.
I think he is better, but I don’t think he’s some top-five quarterback the media is desperately trying to portray him as.

Now there’s film on him with the Rams offense. They haven’t looked good in the past two weeks.

I think they would’ve dropped 2 in a row had Wilson finished that game.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I think he is better, but I don’t think he’s some top-five quarterback the media is desperately trying to portray him as.

Now there’s film on him with the Rams offense. They haven’t looked good in the past two weeks.

I think they would’ve dropped 2 in a row had Wilson finished that game.

Remember, Goff looked awesome when he hit the scene with McVay. Stafford is not taking over some crap team and making them better. Rams were just in the Super Bowl a few years ago and they got to the divisional round last year. They only missed the playoffs once since McVay took over. You put Goff on the Lions and they still suck as when Stafford was there. They are interchangeable. Run of the mill QBs who can look good with a coach like McVay. Without him, their teams will be bad.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Remember, Goff looked awesome when he hit the scene with McVay. Stafford is not taking over some crap team and making them better. Rams were just in the Super Bowl a few years ago and they got to the divisional round last year. They only missed the playoffs once since McVay took over. You put Goff on the Lions and they still suck as when Stafford was there. They are interchangeable. Run of the mill QBs who can look good with a coach like McVay. Without him, their teams will be bad.
Goff was 23rd in the league in passer rating last year and had 20 TDs all year in this same Rams offense that the league now knows after several years (so no first year, new offense surprises)
Stafford, even with the Lions, was always better than that and often in the upper tier.

If you want to say Stafford isn't top 5 or whatever, that's fine and I get that.
Plus he's older now as well....13 years of getting the crap beat out of you will diminish you some.

But he is WAY better than Goff. And by the way, Goff is actually serviceable as a low-end starter.