Thursday Night Game Flexing Passes

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They flex out a game I'm attending the league office will hear about it. This is such a bad idea from the league.

There is ZERO consideration towards the fans. You know, the ones who fork over their money to them.

foofighters

Reaction score
MNF is bad. Now they want to make it more painful by having to watch TNF?

Cowboys need to play the first game on Sunday and that's it.

links18

Reaction score
Before a lot of CZers come in and want to excoriate the league commissioner.....it was THE TEAM OWNERS (majority) that voted to implement this scheduling change.
How'd ole Jerruah vote?

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
They flex out a game I'm attending the league office will hear about it. This is such a bad idea from the league.

There is ZERO consideration towards the fans. You know, the ones who fork over their money to them.
How about the ones who are flying? I was thinking of flying in for a game this year. I better be careful what game I pick.

CWR

Reaction score
How about the ones who are flying? I was thinking of flying in for a game this year. I better be careful what game I pick.

Yeah the league would need to refund a lot more than ticket costs, to be ethical that is. This seems like a terrible idea for anyone wanting to attend a game.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Dallas has zero chance of getting flexed.

Week 13 Seattle Thursday night.
Week 14 Philadelphia Sunday night
Week 15 Buffalo on FOX. When the schedules came out it was said this was a most coveted game for FOX.
Week 16 Miami Christmas eve. NY and Philadelphia play on Christmas. This opens Dallas to be shown in the NY market at 4:25pm.
Week 17 Detroit on Saturday nationally on ABC.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whichever puts him the most money in his pockets.
Why? It does not matter how he voted. there is no chance they get flexed to a TNF game in December.

How does that get him more money? TV contracts are set, tickets are sold. All the owners have their money already.
They feel it is good for the fans interest. In spite what the fans think.

Dallas plays T-Day, and the following Thursday, and play the Lions on a Saturday night. No way they give them another TNF game.

28 days is plenty of time as they can dump a stinker game late in the year with a better game.
Fans are not getting screwed. Except a very few that May plan it as a vacation type thing months in advance. In which most arrangements can be changed easily in that time frame.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas has zero chance of getting flexed.

Week 13 Seattle Thursday night.
Week 14 Philadelphia Sunday night
Week 15 Buffalo on FOX. When the schedules came out it was said this was a most coveted game for FOX.
Week 16 Miami Christmas eve. NY and Philadelphia play on Christmas. This opens Dallas to be shown in the NY market at 4:25pm.
Week 17 Detroit on Saturday nationally on ABC.
Seen this after I posted my response. Yes no chance.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The NFL is trying to help me put things in perspective by making me hate them.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MNF is bad. Now they want to make it more painful by having to watch TNF?
It wasn't all bad. Supposedly they are going to make an effort to put better games on. So we'll see about that.

The changes made to the Thursday games will be a huge improvement. So those games will be better also.