Tim Tebow to sign with the Jaguars as a Tight End

RoboQB

Reaction score
He wouldn't walk on at Cowboys training camp even as TE3 at the end of day 1. 1 day is not enough to know what a guy who never played the position and has been away from the game 9 years can do, even if the competition isn't that strong. No way in the world he could beat out Jarwin (if healthy) or Schultz, and whoever is the #3 will probably need to be a strong blocker, which I doubt Tebow will be.

And would they really want to go with a 34 year old developmental guy over a much younger one?

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Tebow, or any team giving him a chance. And Jacksonville may be one of the few teams so weak at TE that Tebow has at least an outside shot. But I believe he is a big long shot, even with Jacksonville. If he were with Dallas he likely would have to be on the practice team, if he even stuck at all.

Lighten up, Francis.
There are plenty of more important issues to take so seriously.

Tebow would last longer into a season than Jarwin.
He and Schultzie would split time a month into the season.
Ha.
Am I serious? No. But maybe. Nah, definitely not.

kskboys

Reaction score
Mathematically it does. There are only 32 starting QBs at anytime, but there are somewhere between 64 and 96 NFL QB's on active rosters, and quite a few more on practice squads, so being one of the 32 starters would indicate above average.

Now, if you want to limit the criteria to starting QB's only, then in that context I would agree he was below average.

I'm not sure why this is even being discussed anyway. A discussion about whether to root for him or not, or how he fits as a TE doesn't have anything to do with whether he was a top or bottom level QB.
When discussing what an "average" player is, using backups in the equation makes zero sense. I'm quite surprised that you think it does.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lighten up, Francis.
There are plenty of more important issues to take so seriously.

Tebow would last longer into a season than Jarwin.
He and Schultzie would split time a month into the season.
Ha.
Am I serious? No. But maybe. Nah, definitely not.
I'm discussing and giving my opinion, which is what this site is built on. If you find that bothersome, you should lighten up because you are missing the point.

As for there being more important things to discuss, of course that's true, but this wasn't my topic. I didn't create it. It's just one of the variety of topics on this site that someone put out there for discussion. Being the most serious and important topic possible has never been a requirement for something to be discussed here.

As for Tebow being able to last longer in the season than Jarwin, aside from the fact you have no way to know that, it has nothing to do with what my post said, or what the post I responded to said. Tebow may hold up longer or not, but it's an irrelevant to what was being discussed.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When discussing what an "average" player is, using backups in the equation makes zero sense. I'm quite surprised that you think it does.

The discussion merely referred to NFL QBs, and the poster you responded to specifically said that the fact he became a starter makes him above average, so clearly he was referring to Tebow's place among all NFL QB's, not just starters. Since you responded to him, he was the one that set the context, not you.

But, again, if you want to change the context to limit the discussion to starters, that's okay too, and, again, I would agree Tebow was below average in that context.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
The discussion merely referred to NFL QBs, and the poster you responded to specifically said that the fact he became a starter makes him above average, so clearly he was referring to Tebow's place among all NFL QB's, not just starters. Since you responded to him, he was the one that set the context, not you.

But, again, if you want to change the context to limit the discussion to starters, that's okay too, and, again, I would agree Tebow was below average in that context.
Semantics. Weak argument. Depends on how you define "NFL QB's." In general NFL lingo, when you are referring to an average NFL player, you are referring to the guys playing, not the Walmart greeters sitting on the bench.

You lost this one Omer. Move on.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'm discussing and giving my opinion, which is what this site is built on. If you find that bothersome, you should lighten up because you are missing the point.

As for there being more important things to discuss, of course that's true, but this wasn't my topic. I didn't create it. It's just one of the variety of topics on this site that someone put out there for discussion. Being the most serious and important topic possible has never been a requirement for something to be discussed here.

As for Tebow being able to last longer in the season than Jarwin, aside from the fact you have no way to know that, it has nothing to do with what my post said, or what the post I responded to said. Tebow may hold up longer or not, but it's an irrelevant to what was being discussed.

I bet you're a blast at parties.
Last year, I said Jarwin wouldn't make it past September.
You're jumping off in the deep end here.
Maybe "Why So Serious?" is a better movie quote to describe.

You responded to my comment. You could've just kept scrolling.
Maybe try that now.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Semantics. Weak argument. Depends on how you define "NFL QB's." In general NFL lingo, when you are referring to an average NFL player, you are referring to the guys playing, not the Walmart greeters sitting on the bench.

You lost this one Omer. Move on.
It's not semantics - the poster you responded to clearly indicated he was talking about Tebow's place in the context of all QB's.

When you respond to a person you can't say he is wrong by pretending his comment was made in a different context than it was.

The context he commented in was the foundation for his premise. For all you know he may agree that Tebow was below average relative to other starting QB's.

I'm not sure why you are so bothered by this when, within the context you wanted to discuss, I agreed with you. Seems like a simple comment about thinking starting QB's is a better context to discuss than all QB's would work great, and we all agree and go on our merry way.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I bet you're a blast at parties.
Last year, I said Jarwin wouldn't make it past September.
You're jumping off in the deep end here.
Maybe "Why So Serious?" is a better movie quote to describe.

You responded to my comment. You could've just kept scrolling.
Maybe try that now.
When a person uses insults as a substitute for content it is a waste of time to attempt reasonable conversation.

Everyone here could scroll past every post anyone else makes without comment, but that's not the intent or foundation of this site. Discussion is.

RoboQB

Reaction score
When a person uses insults as a substitute for content it is a waste of time to attempt reasonable conversation.

Everyone here could scroll past every post anyone else makes without comment, but that's not the intent or foundation of this site. Discussion is.

So now you're insulted?
Dude, relax. R. E. L. A. X.
Chill.

Tebow gets an incredibly bad wrap.
There are many who are pissed to see him being given a chance.
It's silly. There are 90 guys in every camp today but some think
he's taking away someone's opportunity. As if, he no longer is
allowed an opportunity. I'm just going against that grain.

Funny how you claim insults are a waste of time, yet here you are,
feeling insulted and wasting your time... smh.

Turk

Reaction score
If there are 96 players in the league who have started a NFL game at QB then a current starter is above average.

Extrapolate that over time and then go away and let the adults talk.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So now you're insulted?
Dude, relax. R. E. L. A. X.
Chill.

Tebow gets an incredibly bad wrap.
There are many who are pissed to see him being given a chance.
It's silly. There are 90 guys in every camp today but some think
he's taking away someone's opportunity. As if, he no longer is
allowed an opportunity. I'm just going against that grain.

Funny how you claim insults are a waste of time, yet here you are,
feeling insulted and wasting your time... smh.
I didn't say I was insulted. You don't have that kind of effect on me. Clearly what I said was you were posting insults instead of anything of substance.

It's gone from laughable to nonsensical how you keep equating my expressing an opinion with being upset, especially with you continuing to be bothered that I responded to your post.

Again, that's how it works on a website like this. If that bothers you that's you being upset. I expect there to be back and forth.

As for Tebow getting a bad rap, and some people being upset he is being given a chance, or thinking he is taking away someone else's opportunity, yes that's true.

But those things have nothing to do with me. I never expressed those feelings.

Last edited:

RoboQB

Reaction score
I didn't say I was insulted. You don't have that kind of effect on me. Clearly what I said was you were posting insults instead of anything of substance.

It's gone from laughable to nonsensical how you keep equating my expressing an opinion with being upset, especially with you continuing to be bothered that I responded to your post.

Again, that's how it works on a website like this. If that bothers you that's you being upset. I expect there to be back and forth.

As for Tebow getting a bad rap, and some people being upset he is being given a chance, or thinking he is taking away someone else's opportunity, yes that's true.

But those things have nothing to do with me. I never expressed those feelings.

I'm not the least bit upset with you.
I am a little confused at what you think are insults.
Have you ever had a lighthearted talk with... anyone, ever?

I know how this board works.
You're not expected to reply to every comment made by every poster.
Pretty sure you're ahead of me in the insult department.
But that's okay.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not the least bit upset with you.
I am a little confused at what you think are insults.
Have you ever had a lighthearted talk with... anyone, ever?

I know how this board works.
You're not expected to reply to every comment made by every poster.
Pretty sure you're ahead of me in the insult department.
But that's okay.

It appears you have a problem with an exchange of ideas involving a different viewpoint, and the way you react is with comments that make no sense.

Example: Me saying I disagree with you about Tebow being able to walk in and immediately (Day 1) jump past Jarwin or Schultz does NOT mean

A. That I'm not relaxed, no matter how many times you claim otherwise. It simply means I disagree.
B. That I don't think there are other things in the world more important to discuss.
C. That I respond to every post by every poster.
D. That I am upset about Tebow getting a shot to play or
E. That I think Tebow is taking the spot that someone else should get.

I didn't indicate any of that. They are comments with no logic - all made up nonsense. Not a single one of those things is true

Last edited:

RoboQB

Reaction score
It appears you have a problem with an exchange of ideas involving a different viewpoint, and the way you react is with comments that make no sense.

Example: Me saying I disagree with you about Tebow being able to walk in and immediately (Day 1) jump past Jarwin or Schultz does NOT mean

A. That I'm not relaxed, no matter how many times you claim otherwise. It simply means I disagree.
B. That I don't think there are other things in the world more important to discuss.
C. That I respond to every post by every poster.
D. That I am upset about Tebow getting a shot to play or
E. That I think Tebow is taking the spot that someone else should get.

I didn't indicate any of that. They are comments with no logic - all made up nonsense. Not a single one of those things is true

I said he'd be in the hunt for TE2. Which would make him TE3.

I've lived inside your head rent free long enough now.
Plenty of room in there, but you're boring.

kskboys

Reaction score
If there are 96 players in the league who have started a NFL game at QB then a current starter is above average.

Extrapolate that over time and then go away and let the adults talk.
You Ok dude? Hard to fathom you not being able to comprehend different points of view. Do you always turn to true ineptitude when you get your panties twisted? It's OK that you're wrong, don't let it get to you so much. Try again, little one.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's not semantics - the poster you responded to clearly indicated he was talking about Tebow's place in the context of all QB's.

When you respond to a person you can't say he is wrong by pretending his comment was made in a different context than it was.

The context he commented in was the foundation for his premise. For all you know he may agree that Tebow was below average relative to other starting QB's.

I'm not sure why you are so bothered by this when, within the context you wanted to discuss, I agreed with you. Seems like a simple comment about thinking starting QB's is a better context to discuss than all QB's would work great, and we all agree and go on our merry way.
Actually, I'm not sure why you're so bothered by this. You're obviously wrong, but you keep coming back to throw out more inanities.

There is no world when an "average" NFL player is compared to players on the bench. That is the silliest notion I've ever heard.

Why does it always get so dumb when discussing Tebow. My Gawd, if he was average he'd have a job. Dude couldn't stick on a roster, that's not average in any sense of the word. Invest in a dictionary, fellas, this isn't that complicated.

kskboys

Reaction score
Your claim at what is average is statistically false. I said by the way half a season or more. Which I do believe knocks some of those you mentioned off the list.
I said Tebow is probably slightly above average as a starting QB. You have no stats to disprove this.

You also had a very wide claim about professional athletes as a group and clearly you also were wrong there. I just used NFL starting QBs to at least give you some hope of being in the same galactic environment.
Omer, look at this post. This is what is being argued. His claim was that Tebow was above average as a starting QB. No backups mentioned, no bench players mentioned, the claim was as a starting QB. And that is what the argument is about, as a starting QB. You backed the wrong hossie in this one, fella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Omer, look at this post. This is what is being argued. His claim was that Tebow was above average as a starting QB. No backups mentioned, no bench players mentioned, the claim was as a starting QB. And that is what the argument is about, as a starting QB. You backed the wrong hossie in this one, fella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That’s not what he said before, but if that’s what he meant, again, Tebow was a below average starter.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said he'd be in the hunt for TE2. Which would make him TE3.

I've lived inside your head rent free long enough now.
Plenty of room in there, but you're boring.
If being offended by the mere prospect of discussion of different viewpoints and repeatedly responding with illogical fabrications is what you think it takes to be exciting, I’ll stay boring.

Last edited:

RoboQB

Reaction score
If being offended by the mere prospect of discussion of different viewpoints and repeatedly responding with illogical fabrications is what you think it takes to be exciting, I’ll stay boring.

You've missed the boat completely.
The only reason this carried on was because you were offended.
So much so, that you began to change the facts. I never said he'd be
TE1, as you claimed in your itemization post. Which, by the way, clearly
portrays how upsetting this was for you... lol.