Tim Tebow to sign with the Jaguars as a Tight End

kskboys

Reaction score
Question for me is what would anyone base their opinion on Tebow will be good? Size? He's light for an NFL tight end, geez, Witten was 6-5 and 265, T. Kelce 6-5 and 260, Kittle 6-4 and 250, Gronk 6-6 and 268, Waller 6-6 and 255.

Meanwhile Tebow is 6-3 and 245. Speed? Tebow ran a 4.71 at the combine, seriously doubt he's still even that at age 33.

Other tight ends are either established NFL players or fresh out of years of college play. Tebow hasn't played football at all in 8 years, and that was sparingly then.

Tebow has never played tight end (well maybe a couple of snaps, not significant). Others have years at the position.

I'm not down on Tebow, he's a good guy, but come on, there is nothing that would suggest he can be an effective tight end in the 2021 NFL...
Hater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
It's actually funny when someone declared that anyone who doesn't root for Teblows is just a hater. Not sure I could care any less.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Sounds like Tebows route-running, pass-catching, and overall strength and conditioning are good.
But, as Logan Thomas (a QB who switched to TE successfully) said, it could take two full years of hard work to get the blocking techniques down.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
With Urban Meyer and Trevor Lawrence coming to town, they had plenty of buzz already.
They are selling a crapton of his jerseys. It's smart business...they get people talking about the team whether it's negative or positive, they're talking. To quote Oscar Wilde, "There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that's not being talked about."

So they grab a guy who has a fanatical fanbase and who they know will generate a bunch of controversial headlines and will sell a ton of jerseys. They pay him next to nothing (relatively speaking) and let him come run routes at TC then they'll cut him before the big games start. Jerry Jones-esque if you ask me.

T-RO

Reaction score
They are selling a crapton of his jerseys. It's smart business...they get people talking about the team whether it's negative or positive, they're talking. To quote Oscar Wilde, "There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that's not being talked about."

So they grab a guy who has a fanatical fanbase and who they know will generate a bunch of controversial headlines and will sell a ton of jerseys. They pay him next to nothing (relatively speaking) and let him come run routes at TC then they'll cut him before the big games start. Jerry Jones-esque if you ask me.

I totally agree. I'm not sure that was Urban Meyers' primary motivation, but it is absolutely great for business.

I don't know if it's 100-1, or 1,000-1...so very unlikely, but I like the story, and I'm enjoying laughing at those who get all twisted up over signing someone to the 90 day roster.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/sy...contract-will-try-to-make-team-as-te.amp.html

Tim Tebow's NFL hiatus is over.

The 2007 Heisman Trophy winner will reportedly sign a one-year deal with the Jacksonville Jaguars with a chance to make the team as a tight end, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Wish him the best!
One of the good guys