Timb2's Cowboys Mock Draft Pre Combine(Dec 2018)

timb2

Reaction score
2-Zach Gentry(6ft-8inches,262 lbs) TE Michigan
Reason for this pick-Rico Gathers has not stepped up what was expected and the other TEs are solid,but we need a big target who can move the chains.

3-Brian Burns(6'-5",231 lbs0OLB/DE Florida State
reason-depth at LB with potential to start or become another edge rusher.

4-Matt Nelson(6f'-8",295 lbs) DT Iowa.
Reason for this pick-I don't expect David Irving back and we also could use more bodies in the DT area. Nelson is more potential than promise,but his size and he looks like he has some foot speed he could become a special player if given time.

5-Ryan Bee(6'-7",280 lbs)DT Marshall
reason-depth part of rotation

6-Mitchell Wilcox(6'-3",248 lbs0TE/FB South Florida
reason-depth at TE and potential FB starter

7-Blake Cashman(6'-3",238 lbs) OLB-MLB Minnesota
Reason -depth and if Sean Lee does not come back.

Last edited:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Not bad...don't know much about the Michigan TE. IMO Burns won't come close to the 3rd round, I think he goes Round One.

Sandyf

Reaction score
JMO, just don't like it for the following reasons.
1. Knowing we go best player available it could be TE although OL depth and DT seem to be much more of a need and OL isn't a good year so if a good one falls whether it is a OT or OG or possibly an OC to replace Frederick if he can't come back is more important.
2. Could be TE but believe the coaching staff see more potential in Gathers, Jarwin, Shultz and Swaim than we fans, 3rd round I could see a DT or another OL guy or possibly a FS.
3. Watch for who in the draft is coming in injuried especially after the bowl games. Remember this is Dallas, if a potential 1st round or early 2nd round fall due to an injury then guaranteed Dallas is going to scoop them up no matter the need.