Time to properly introduce myself!

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Long story short, I've been reading CZ for years and finally asked to join 3 years ago (August 2019). The plan was to introduce myself from the start but sadly, I lost my father shortly after and had a hard time focusing on anything else for a good while so it never happened. I almost did it last year before the beginning of the season but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Now's the time though, I'm finally ready to shed the lurker status and contribute a bit!

So about me: I'm a 32-year-old man from Canada (Montreal to be specific) and I got into football (and the Cowboys!) when I was about 10 thanks to my dad. He also started watching football when he was a kid in the early/mid 60's and he chose the Cowboys from the start, he absolutely loved them. So yeah, that's how I became a fan. He taught me everything about the team's history, SB appearances and wins, legendary players and coaches, memorable games, etc. Watching the games and discussing everything Cowboys related with him used to be my favorite thing in the world and I really miss it. Hopefully, I'll get to see them go all the way one day but I'll always bleed silver and blue no matter what.

Being from Canada, I'm also a huge hockey fan and my hometown team are the Montreal Canadiens (or ''Habs'') -- that's why my username is HabsCowboysOwn. I also watch basketball, soccer, CFL football and others. Fun fact, a lot of people here (including some friends and family members) cheer for teams I wholeheartedly despise like the Giants, Eagles and Patriots due to geographic proximity so you can imagine I got into a few (sometimes very heated) arguments over the years. :D

That's about it, I'm looking forward to get to know you guys better and join the fun here on CZ. Can't wait for the season to start on Sunday night!

Go Cowboys! :star:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
There are some heated arguments on this site as well. Since you're use to it you'll fit right in. It's a shame we have to argue with Cowboy fans about a team we are all suppose to love. But hey that's life.

Sorry to hear about your Dad.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys, I appreciate it!

I've been thinking about it and I don't know if starting to post now would be a good idea considering how the season started. Don't want to look like the new guy who only joined to vent and argue with people, I know everyone's on edge and/or deflated right now (I sure am lol). On the other hand, the perfect scenario where I come in here during a successful season and there's nothing negative to talk about is not happening anytime soon so maybe I should just go for it.

Any thoughts?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys, I appreciate it!

I've been thinking about it and I don't know if starting to post now would be a good idea considering how the season started. Don't want to look like the new guy who only joined to vent and argue with people, I know everyone's on edge and/or deflated right now (I sure am lol). On the other hand, the perfect scenario where I come in here during a successful season and there's nothing negative to talk about is not happening anytime soon so maybe I should just go for it.

Any thoughts?

Go for it, there are plenty here who feel just like you do.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Long story short, I've been reading CZ for years and finally asked to join 3 years ago (August 2019). The plan was to introduce myself from the start but sadly, I lost my father shortly after and had a hard time focusing on anything else for a good while so it never happened. I almost did it last year before the beginning of the season but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Now's the time though, I'm finally ready to shed the lurker status and contribute a bit!

So about me: I'm a 32-year-old man from Canada (Montreal to be specific) and I got into football (and the Cowboys!) when I was about 10 thanks to my dad. He also started watching football when he was a kid in the early/mid 60's and he chose the Cowboys from the start, he absolutely loved them. So yeah, that's how I became a fan. He taught me everything about the team's history, SB appearances and wins, legendary players and coaches, memorable games, etc. Watching the games and discussing everything Cowboys related with him used to be my favorite thing in the world and I really miss it. Hopefully, I'll get to see them go all the way one day but I'll always bleed silver and blue no matter what.

Being from Canada, I'm also a huge hockey fan and my hometown team are the Montreal Canadiens (or ''Habs'') -- that's why my username is HabsCowboysOwn. I also watch basketball, soccer, CFL football and others. Fun fact, a lot of people here (including some friends and family members) cheer for teams I wholeheartedly despise like the Giants, Eagles and Patriots due to geographic proximity so you can imagine I got into a few (sometimes very heated) arguments over the years. :D

That's about it, I'm looking forward to get to know you guys better and join the fun here on CZ. Can't wait for the season to start on Sunday night!

Go Cowboys! :star:

Welcome Habs. Sorry about your dad.