Time Zones and NFL

Shunpike

Reaction score
NFL experience I am sure feels different for folks on the east coast versus folks in West Coast.

In East Coast, games start at 1 pm and night games start at around 8:30 pm. As an East Coaster I don't remember when was the last time I watched a SNF or a MNF game in its entirety. I have to wake up at 6, take a shower, feed my kids, prep them for school and drop them to school then head to work. I have to be in bed by 10 pm latest so I can function the next day.

In that sense, I feel jealous of Western folks. Games start 10 am for them and they don't have to worry about staying up late for SNF and MNF games.

So folks, what is your time zone and how does NFL Sunday impacts your day and night?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I live in Texas(CST) and Cali sometimes. I don’t like West Coast times, way too early to get prepped and ready for a 10:00 start. The only positive are the night games. IMO, central time zone is the best.

Shunpike

Reaction score
I live in Texas(CST) and Cali sometimes. I don’t like West Coast times, way too early to get prepped and ready for a 10:00 start. The only positive are the night games. IMO, central time zone is the best.
Actually MT would work best for me. 11 am start for early games and 6:30 pm start for night games.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
NFL experience I am sure feels different for folks on the east coast versus folks in West Coast.

In East Coast, games start at 1 pm and night games start at around 8:30 pm. As an East Coaster I don't remember when was the last time I watched a SNF or a MNF game in its entirety. I have to wake up at 6, take a shower, feed my kids, prep them for school and drop them to school then head to work. I have to be in bed by 10 pm latest so I can function the next day.

In that sense, I feel jealous of Western folks. Games start 10 am for them and they don't have to worry about staying up late for SNF and MNF games.

So folks, what is your time zone and how does NFL Sunday impacts your day and night?
Come on Shunpike. Are you whining and crying again? :laugh:

Long time no see buddy!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I'm on the EC, and I take vacation days on the days following a Cowboys game.

madcow74

Reaction score
It just seems crazy to me that sports/tv schedules are different across the country yet we all maintain the general same work/school/business hours