Titans release DL Brent Urban

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Here’s a guy I wanted to sign in free agency. 6”7 300 pounds started all 16 games for Ravens D in 2018.

Titans have a very good defense. If they let him go, he can not play or is not good enough to beat out their players.

Praxit

Reaction score
...does he pass the Marinelli protocol? ..lol.. The guy is the gatekeeper for DL.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Here’s a guy I wanted to sign in free agency. 6”7 300 pounds started all 16 games for Ravens D in 2018.

He is a try-hard guy with longs arms but limited talent. The Cowboy have probably already signed him...

2543765.jpg

JayFord

Reaction score
6’7 300 lbs

if i were a coach i would put him right between the center and guard and when the ball is snapped id tell him fall sideways in the hole that way the RB has to studder step and find somewhere else to go

Carson

Reaction score
He is a try-hard guy with longs arms but limited talent. The Cowboy have probably already signed him...

2543765.jpg

3.5 career sacks. Too rich for our taste

Was rated 25th out of 112 on PFF for stopping the run. Wayyyy to good for our likes

Hasn’t he always been in a 3-4? Virginia, Baltimore, Tennessee

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Titans couldn't fit Antwuan Woods onto their active roster, so you have to question what they are doing on some level.

I created a stat: Points per Yard

It is just total points for the season divided by yards with a separate number for offense and defense of each team.

An efficient offense scores a lot of points relative to the yards they gain.

An efficient defense limits points relative to yards allowed.

The Titans currently rank #3 on defense but #24 on offense for this stat.

The Pats are #1 on both offense and defense.

The Cowboys are #21 on offense and #10 on defense.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3.5 career sacks. Too rich for our taste

Was rated 25th out of 112 on PFF for stopping the run. Wayyyy to good for our likes

Hasn’t he always been in a 3-4? Virginia, Baltimore, Tennessee

I love it when people actually notice details like the fact that he has been in a 3-4. I need to find some of your other posts and give you multiple likes...

It's possible that he could be a better fit in a 4-3 which was the issue with Antwaun Woods; although, it seems unlikely because Urban is 6-7 which is more often the build of a 3-4 DE than a 4-3 DT. Woods was the opposite at 6-0 which is generally shorter than most 3-4 DL and a better fit in a 4-3.

The one thing I have noticed is that players that have been with other NFL teams tend to have better technique against the run than the Cowboys players. Despite limited size Datone Jones came in during the middle of 2017 and was good against the run. He also helped the LBs because he often focused on occupying OLinemen to keep them off of the LBs. Unfortunately he found out that holding would get called if you are a Cowboys player. He came from Green Bay where players rarely get called for holding. Nevertheless, the point is that he was holding OL because he was taught to keep them off the LBs.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would he be a NT in the Cowboys scheme?

I don't think he would be a fit with the Cowboys but you never know, especially when DLine players change schemes.

A 6-7 run stopper would be an odd fit for the Cowboys or most 4-3 defenses.

One draft report thought he might have some pass rush ability at DT.

I guess they could play him at 3-tech or DE if they wanted to stop the run but could live without him being a pass rusher...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't think he would be a fit with the Cowboys but you never know, especially when DLine players change schemes.

A 6-7 run stopper would be an odd fit for the Cowboys or most 4-3 defenses.

One draft report thought he might have some pass rush ability at DT.

I guess they could play him at 3-tech or DE if they wanted to stop the run but could live without him being a pass rusher...
He could be another Crawford who inexplicably plays DE.