Titans release DL Brent Urban

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Just read that the Titans activated Jeffrey Simmons, so that's why they're cutting Urban. They just needed more room on the 53.

Simmons may not be 100% ready to go immediately, but keep that name filed away in your head. He was a tank at Miss St with top-5 talent; the easy comparison was Fletcher Cox. He's going to tear it up someday IMO, it's just a matter of when.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I don't think he would be a fit with the Cowboys but you never know, especially when DLine players change schemes.

A 6-7 run stopper would be an odd fit for the Cowboys or most 4-3 defenses.

One draft report thought he might have some pass rush ability at DT.

I guess they could play him at 3-tech or DE if they wanted to stop the run but could live without him being a pass rusher...
I was thinking he isn't talented enough for 3T. Eberflus has Margus Hunt (6-8 295) playing 1T on the Colts defense.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was thinking he isn't talented enough for 3T. Eberflus has Margus Hunt (6-8 295) playing 1T on the Colts defense.

Good comparison.
  • I knew that Hunt had moved to DT at some point over the years (He played DE originally).
  • My assumption was that he was playing 3-tech, but you are correct that he is definitely playing 1-tech.
  • Hunt is listed at 295 but I saw something at one point saying that he was playing at 320.
  • It's difficult to tell by looking at 6-7 players because they never look like wide bodies.
Hunt is #92.

Video 1 below is the first defensive snap for the Colts in week 3.
  • They lined up both DT as 1-techs which I've rarely seen.
  • It didn't work out but it seems like that would be a good variation to occasionally use on passing downs.
  • The Center can only help on 1 of the DTs.
  • The other DT gets to go 1-on-1 against an OG at the closest spot to the QB.

Video 2 is Hunt at 1-tech for a little humor.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brent Urban #96

Video 1: Urban at RDE. Their 3-4 defense is aligned more like a 4-3 on this snap but with the LDE standing up.

Video 2: Urban at LDE in a traditional 3-4 alignment.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Concerned about his fit in DAL considering they don't seem to like run stoppers. They pass rush DTs that don't get sacks.

They like their guys, anyway.