TJ Hockenson Declares!

RS12

Reaction score
I think they are gonna give Dak weapons before they fix the DL so they probably look hard at him.

The Realist

Reaction score
I think they are gonna give Dak weapons before they fix the DL so they probably look hard at him.

He’s the prototype of what we look for in a TE. He won’t make it to 58 though so we’ll have to move up for him.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I hope he makes it to us but he probably will not.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If he somehow slides to pick 32, I'd love to see Jerry jump up and snag him with the last pick of the 1st round.

Would create a little drama on ABC's national draft coverage.

The Realist

Reaction score
Who said that? Haskins declared and he is also a RSoph. Johnny Manziel and Michael Vick left after their redshirt sophomore seasons. I'm sure there are many more examples.

I don’t know how to search and find it but I someone said that 1-2 months ago.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
If he somehow slides to pick 32, I'd love to see Jerry jump up and snag him with the last pick of the 1st round.

Would create a little drama on ABC's national draft coverage.

Don’t expect him to be my pick in the Mel Kiper Jr. Invitational; I’m making this a special teams draft, looking for try-hard guys that have no chance at becoming starters.

MaaS

Reaction score
Hockenson is the perfect TE for Dallas. Monster of a blocker, athletic receiver who uses his body to shield defenders as well as anyone.

But, his teammate Noah Fant, Bama's Irv Smith, and Stanford's Kaden Smith would have all been the highest ranked TE in last year's class (IMO). I do think we'll need to move up, but there's a great chance an excellent player is available in the early 2nd. Not sure how these four shake out.

DanA

Reaction score
I’m using at least a 4 to move up for a TE. I’d go all in for the right guy.

A 4th shifts us 4-5 spots so it's not a huge upgrade unless we think someone is going to take a TE that's in front of us. Dane Brugler seems to think he's a mid/late first rounder so we might struggle to get there unless we use a future 1st or 2nd.

The Realist

Reaction score
A 4th shifts us 4-5 spots so it's not a huge upgrade unless we think someone is going to take a TE that's in front of us. Dane Brugler seems to think he's a mid/late first rounder so we might struggle to get there unless we use a future 1st or 2nd.

Ok, who wants to give up next year’s one to go get a TE in one this year?

Looks like my TJ Hockenson dream might be over.