Twitter: TJ Watt getting 4yr $112m extension becomes highest paid defensive player

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is now overpaid.

I wonder if they did draft TJ, and wanted this money from Jerry. Would the usuals complain it is too much money. We can’t sign surrounding talent. :lmao:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He is now overpaid.

I wonder if they did draft TJ, and wanted this money from Jerry. Would the usuals complain it is too much money. We can’t sign surrounding talent. :lmao:

Haven't you heard? Great players grow on trees! You can just draft them every year. It was reported on this forum, so it must be true!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is now overpaid.

One thing is true. If they had drafted Watt, Lawrence wouldn’t be here, much less being grossly overpaid here.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing is true. If they had drafted Watt, Lawrence wouldn’t be here, much less being grossly overpaid here.

But that is not my narrative. :muttley:

My narrative does not need to make sense, such as what you posted does make sense. :lmao:

Just trying to have some fun with it. Not serious at all just to clarify things.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, theres that Catch17 team building strategy. Just get players that suck so you dont have to pay them.

brilliant-booze.gif

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
See guys taking Taco was the right move. If we took Watt we would have to pay him all this money. Great job Jerry!!!
COWBOYS!

Jerry! Jeeeerrrryyyy! Jeeeeeerrrryyy! Jeeeeeeeerrrrrryyyy! Jeeeeeeerrrrrryyyyyyyy!!!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
See guys taking Taco was the right move. If we took Watt we would have to pay him all this money. Great job Jerry!!!

With the defensive coaches we had at the time ........ he would have never reached his potential anyway.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With the defensive coaches we had at the time ........ he would have never reached his potential anyway.
They didnt think he could translate to being a hand in the dirt runner.

Iirc scouts liked him, coaches didnt

Another issue with him coming out was injury history. Thats why he lasted all the way to the end of the first round. However he has only missed two games in 4 years as a pro.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
And then you stop sacking the QB and become the "league's greatest DE run defender".

Yay for us!
TJ Watt is actually a liability against the run and not an asset. He's a helluva obvious-pass-down sack machine, though. Very quick twitch.