News: TLH: Is trading Dak Prescott a solution for the Dallas Cowboys?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If the Raiders sign Brady (which is rumoured they are interested in doing) i would go after Carr and his 21m average salary per season for the next 3 years

The QB that Cooper was flopping with for a season and a half before coming here? I don't want to pair Carr with Cooper again. Carr probably isn't that bad, but I'd probably rather go draft pick(s) over Carr.

We've got no D. A bus driver like Carr over a rookie who can't play only makes our draft picks worse. He doesn't win a championship with this D. Not a chance. Save the money. Draft a running QB, or two, and hope to get lucky.

wrongway

Reaction score
But don;t you think if the Patriots and Bill Belichick thought enough of Dak to give 2 draft picks for him and pay him what he wants that would be some sort of evidence that maybe he is the "The Guy" for Dallas? Would the Patriots have traded Brady away in his 4th season to two 1st round picks?
How many superbowls had brady won by his 4th season? Not a good comparison i think. Though if the were willing to give up two first rounders that would set alarms off.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
The QB that Cooper was flopping with for a season and a half before coming here? I don't want to pair Carr with Cooper again. Carr probably isn't that bad, but I'd probably rather go draft pick(s) over Carr.

We've got no D. A bus driver like Carr over a rookie who can't play only makes our draft picks worse. He doesn't win a championship with this D. Not a chance. Save the money. Draft a running QB, or two, and hope to get lucky.

Well i think Carr is a better QB than Dak but for arguments sake call them even, if that's the case i take Carr for the next 3 years at 21m over Dak at 35m and use the money we save to build the D. Cooper also had 2 1000+ yards seasons with Carr as his QB. Coopers issues have always been his own and he starting flopping with us the 2nd half of last season too

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Well i think Carr is a better QB than Dak but for arguments sake call them even, if that's the case i take Carr for the next 3 years at 21m over Dak at 35m and use the money we save to build the D. Cooper also had 2 1000+ yards seasons with Carr as his QB. Coopers issues have always been his own and he starting flopping with us the 2nd half of last season too

If that's what you think of Carr relative to Dak, then yeah.

But I and most think Dak is significantly better.

On Cooper, fair point to wonder if Cooper similarly just checked out for the Raiders. I haven't seen the games, and couldn't say.