TNF Dolphins at Bengals

Adreme

Reaction score
Its fencing posturing, it’s due to the head trauma. It’s a bad concussion.

That is probably his 2nd in 4 days. He is, or at least should be, done for months if not the year and all because the Dolphins wanted to skirt the rules again. The amount of times the Dolphins just seem to want to ignore rules and protocol is just outlandish and they may have caused serious and permanent damage to Tua because of it.

Scotman

Reaction score
I have no concerns for the Dolphins. But genuinely hope Tua is OK. Head injuries are no joke.

I raised my niece. She had a head injury her senior year. Spent 4 months on some bed called a swan...or something. Spent another year in recovery...learning to walk and talk. Has some permanent issues despite having recovered far more than we dared hope for. About 15 years ago now.

So, it's not just a throwaway sentiment for me. I really hope Tua is ok.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I responded to another post saying I don’t watch much about the nfl outside of a game. But I’m pretty sure there was some controversy about a hit he took last week. I remember seeing him get up, shake off the cobwebs and then fall down. Went in to locker room and come back and played. Heard someone bringing up the same thing you do in this post about the dr. Weird it happens in back to back weeks.

I don't know exactly what happened last week and the NFLPA is investigating, but I do know the rules are different now. Gone are the days where the team doc gives you smelling salts and sends you back out there, and that's a good thing. Concussions are nothing to trifle with.

RonWashington

Reaction score
My guess is because Bridgewater just came into the game, but I agree and would've gone for it there.

Even with Bridgewater the guy running the Dolphins is an offensive “ guru “ . 4th and 1 and of course Burrow burned them

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
At the end of the day no game of football is worth risking a player's health like this. They still are going to have a life to live after they retire. And too many blows to the head are known to have a devastating impact on a player's long term brain health. The Dolphins are going to have a lot of explaining to do if they failed to protect Tua, after knowing that he could have had a possible concussion from Sunday.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I have no concerns for the Dolphins. But genuinely hope Tua is OK. Head injuries are no joke.

I raised my niece. She had a head injury her senior year. Spent 4 months on some bed called a swan...or something. Spent another year in recovery...learning to walk and talk. Has some permanent issues despite having recovered far more than we dared hope for. About 15 years ago now.

So, it's not just a throwaway sentiment for me. I really hope Tua is ok.

Head trauma really is no joke. I don't know who cleared Tua against the Bills, but I think that, if he had a concussion last week, then he's in serious trouble imo.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I don't know exactly what happened last week and the NFLPA is investigating, but I do know the rules are different now. Gone are the days where the team doc gives you smelling salts and sends you back out there, and that's a good thing. Concussions are nothing to trifle with.

Especially players that have had several. Makes you wonder when your health is more important than your football career.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
Hopefully the Dolphins just lose all there first round picks so they can stop giving them away.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Even with Bridgewater the guy running the Dolphins is an offensive “ guru “ . 4th and 1 and of course Burrow burned them

Rookie head coach just saw his QB taken off on a stretcher, probably wasn't on top of his game for a few moments.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Head trauma really is no joke. I don't know who cleared Tua against the Bills, but I think that, if he had a concussion last week, then he's in serious trouble imo.

He should have never been in this game if he suffered a concussion last week (he did. He was out cold on the turf and had sea legs). The league should be ashamed about the mismanagement of this whole situation.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I never agree with Stephen a but he was livid that tua was back in the game last week and I can just imagine how upset he’s gonna be now.

Tua was sent to the slaughter today. And someone should be fired because if it.