TNF: Giants/Patriots thread

madcow74

Reaction score
D jones looks almost like a replica of manning...aka he will suck but manage to win 2 super bowls somehow

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Oh I know you are 100% right but it just irritates me that the super bowl champions are supposed to get a tougher schedule and I want to see them in some hyped up matchup....chiefs, saints, packers or any team that was in the pmayoffs last year

Blame their division. It’s gross that I’m the entire pats run their division has really only had one challenger and that was the jets whom went to back to back afc title games. Other than that it’s a free 6 wins a year.

madcow74

Reaction score
I guess their first official challenge will be the ravens and they will be 8-0 by then which is an automatic playoff spot

madcow74

Reaction score
I'm not one of these Brady haters but I dont think anyone has ever had such a gold plated road to another super bowl

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm not one of these Brady haters but I dont think anyone has ever had such a gold plated road to another super bowl
It's called taking advantage of your opportunities, and no quarterback has done it better.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Ummm well derrr he is the best but ....that doesnt change my statement
The fact that he is the best is the reason he takes advantage of his opportunities. If we were in the same situation with Quincy Carter or Tony Romo, do you think we'd take advantage of a similar situation?
Or look at it another way, maybe the Pats are just that good that they make other teams in their division look just that bad. :)

MikeB80

Reaction score
Are you leaning giants?

no. Its just that its a weird league and the giants have it setup nicely to get some wins. plus miami and washington in december.

I dont think they win the division though.

Pape

Reaction score
Blame their division. It’s gross that I’m the entire pats run their division has really only had one challenger and that was the jets whom went to back to back afc title games. Other than that it’s a free 6 wins a year.

6 free wins? No matter how bad the other teams in the division are, 1) its still a division game and 2) they still have to play the games. No one is just giving up and rolling over...

You want to beef on the Patriots for that? Pffft...take it up with the Dolphins, Jets and Bills. Not our fault. They are the ones who are falling down on the job. Besides, its not like half the league isn't mired in mediocrity on a year in year out basis ... New England stands out because they have escaped that fate during these fortunate years

and FYI, Its been 6 years since the Patriots went 6-0 in division play, and have only run the table in the division twice ('11, '07) in the 19 years BB has been in New England (2019 season is year 20).

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
6 free wins? No matter how bad the other teams in the division are, 1) its still a division game and 2) they still have to play the games. No one is just giving up and rolling over...

You want to beef on the Patriots for that? Pffft...take it up with the Dolphins, Jets and Bills. Not our fault. They are the ones who are falling down on the job. Besides, its not like half the league isn't mired in mediocrity on a year in year out basis ... New England stands out because they have escaped that fate during these fortunate years

and FYI, Its been 6 years since the Patriots went 6-0 in division play, and have only run the table in the division twice ('11, '07) in the 19 years BB has been in New England (2019 season is year 20).
it is real hard to fault the Patriots. They have consistently overcome all the excuses that people make that keeps our teams down. I am not a fan of any team but the Dallas Cowboys, but I recognize greatness and the Pats have been nothing short of great for 20 years now.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Patriots defense is even better this year than when they had Flores/Patricia running it. But NFL teams are dumb, they will keep hiring anyone from that Belichick tree :muttley:

MikeB80

Reaction score
Patriots defense is even better this year than when they had Flores/Patricia running it. But NFL teams are dumb, they will keep hiring anyone from that Belichick tree :muttley:

Matt Patricia looks like he has the lions playing really well. I agree with you that I would not hire anyone from that staff either though because they usually just try to be belichick clones.

I think Mike Vrabel is a good coach though and although never serving under belichick as a coach he was a key player for years there obviously..and he did coach under Romeo Crennel in houston.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Everyone except the Cowboys. I would hire anyone from that organization and hope they instill some winning into this dysfunctional organization.