TNF Thread Vikings vs Rams

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
good gosh wake up Dak isn't near as good as any of these guys. Heck who is Dak better than? He's the worst in the east, who is he better than in the whole NFL. He's a backup. sheesh.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we somehow acquired Carson Wentz, please tell me how he would perform in this system and under this staff.

The same system and staff that won 13 games with a rookie 4th round QB?

By making accurate passes into the windows that are there. Just because Dak Prescott can't find anybody open doesn't make it so.

I've seen many replays of guys open and the QB either doesn't see him or has no confidence he can make the throw. Wentz can make all the throws.

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
The thing is the Football Gods smiled down upon us. Not only were we in better position than any QB needy team to make a trade for either the 1st or 2nd pick, we even got to coach Wentz at the Senior Bowl. This was a chance to move seamlessly from one franchise QB to another. No long drought of being a have not in the league. That is an enormous gift and those complete morons that run this team screwed it up.

But wait. There's more. This is the Jones family, after all. They do not, right up to this very minute, realize their mistake. They are completely clueless of it.

You could not possibly run the team any worse than they do. They are that bad. Every instinct they have is wrong.

Sad thing is that we should be at the top of the draft again this year with a chance to grab a QB and they will probably stick with Dak

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Big difference between giving up a farm for number one pick overall and someone they thought would sit for few years.
Who knows Lynch might have groomed well under Romo.

These young studs do much better on teams surrounded by some talent.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The rams had one of the worst offenses in the league for years prior to goff and with the one year that they did have him. The minute they discard Fisher, that rams offense blows up. Coaching matters.
We haven't had a qb aside from romo, kitna and dak who have had any kind of success under Garrett. I wanted Goff in that draft, but realistically he'd be looking like a bust here, especially since he wouldn't have Zeke. So would Wentz.

Cooper rush also had a monumental decline as well

Nobody is saying coaching doesn't matter, you fool.

We are saying that Dak isn't suddenly going to become Tom Brady just because of a coaching change. You continue to use Goff as some outlier example, cool. Why did Jay Cutler never get better with multiple HCs and multiple OCs?

Let's see you figure out that puzzle.

HungryLion

Reaction score
People would be going nuts right now if we traded multiple 1st round picks in 2016 to get Goff and have him sit while Romo played well now.
Nobody knew he was going to get hurt against Seattle in April.

Romo isn’t playing. Again, Gm’s Are supposed to plan for the future.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The rams had one of the worst offenses in the league for years prior to goff and with the one year that they did have him. The minute they discard Fisher, that rams offense blows up. Coaching matters.
We haven't had a qb aside from romo, kitna and dak who have had any kind of success under Garrett. I wanted Goff in that draft, but realistically he'd be looking like a bust here, especially since he wouldn't have Zeke. So would Wentz.

Cooper rush also had a monumental decline as well

Dude you don’t have to sell me that our coaching sucks. I know it does.

That doesn’t mean Goff isn’t a stud though.

Aven8

Reaction score
The thing is the Football Gods smiled down upon us. Not only were we in better position than any QB needy team to make a trade for either the 1st or 2nd pick, we even got to coach Wentz at the Senior Bowl. This was a chance to move seamlessly from one franchise QB to another. No long drought of being a have not in the league. That is an enormous gift and those complete morons that run this team screwed it up.

But wait. There's more. This is the Jones family, after all. They do not, right up to this very minute, realize their mistake. They are completely clueless of it.

You could not possibly run the team any worse than they do. They are that bad. Every instinct they have is wrong.

They did coach Wentz. And he kept missing receivers and dumping it down. It was the strangest thing........;)

Zman5

Reaction score
Romo isn’t playing. Again, Gm’s Are supposed to plan for the future.

It's easy to say that now but nobody thought 2016 would be his last year. Heck, reading some of the posts here, people think he can still play now.

If Romo was still here playing well, I'd much rather have Zeke, Taco, and Jalon than Goff sitting on the bench. Especially knowing how crappy JG's offense is for a QB.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The same system and staff that won 13 games with a rookie 4th round QB?

By making accurate passes into the windows that are there. Just because Dak Prescott can't find anybody open doesn't make it so.

I've seen many replays of guys open and the QB either doesn't see him or has no confidence he can make the throw. Wentz can make all the throws.
Tells me all I need to know.

You believe it is black or white, and this staff with the Joneses behind it is right.

Got it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Stephen said that Carson Wentz was the most impressive pre-draft interview he's seen in his time with the Cowboys I wanted to throat kick him.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It's easy to say that now but nobody thought 2016 would be his last year. Heck, reading some of the posts here, people think he can still play now.

I don’t know how to rephrase what I’m saying. The GM’s job. Is to plan for the future.

Romo was very old and coming off a season ending injury. Expecting him to play much longer was DUMB. That’s the point. even in the moment of the draft. They should have seen Romo’s retirement being right around the corner. Not seeing it was DUMB.

Jchilly

Reaction score
these teams make adjustments over halftime. Does Garrett just clap in the locker room?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Both these offensive lines are playing fantastic. Not a soul near the quarterback