TNF Thread Vikings vs Rams

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Yeah Troy, what happened to that mighty Vikings pass rush? Geoff just sits in the pocket all day and.....

Sack:laugh:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t know how to rephrase what I’m saying. The GM’s job. Is to plan for the future.

Romo was very old and coming off a season ending injury. Expecting him to play much longer was DUMB. That’s the point. even in the moment of the draft. They should have seen Romo’s retirement being right around the corner. Not seeing it was DUMB.
Many of us were saying to draft heir apparent in 2016

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Plead guilty to a federal crime, no biggy keep ballin. Charges dropped for driving while intoxicated, suspension.

Tell me again how wonderful the corrupt, inept and self serving NFL conduct policy is.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Peyton Manning set an NFL rookie record for interceptions as a rookie.

Sure, scheme always helps, but the whole idea is to continue to get better each year
Goff has.

How somebody did two seasons ago is borderline (not completely) irrelevant

HungryLion

Reaction score
Many of us were saying to draft heir apparent in 2016

I hear ya man. I was lobbying for it too on my old message board. I was upset when they didn’t take one early.

I then thought they lucked out on Dak..... but that doesn’t seem to be the case unless some kind of drastic change happens.

Zman5

Reaction score
I don’t know how to rephrase what I’m saying. The GM’s job. Is to plan for the future.

Romo was very old and coming off a season ending injury. Expecting him to play much longer was DUMB. That’s the point. even in the moment of the draft. They should have seen Romo’s retirement being right around the corner. Not seeing it was DUMB.

Our GM is dumb. You get no argument from me on that. My point is, nobody thought going into 2016 draft, Romo would never play again.
You don't give up a farm for a player that's going to sit for 3 years. Especially when you have so much holes elsewhere in your roster.

Also, Goff sucked under Fisher. In fact, if you go back and read the Rams forum in 2016, you'd see the same comments about him you see here about Dak. I doubt he'd look 1/2 as good here playing in JG's offense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry wearing both hats is a conflict of interest.

As owner he promotes eternal optimism but a GM has to plan for worse case scenario.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
An absolute classic coaching/play-calling moment just then.

Hunter has a big sack.

Then, immediately, McVay runs a play right at him, taking the momentum right back.

That is the game within the game that nobody notices.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Trusting your Left Tackle is so huge. McVay has been fantastic for Goff(and getting rid of Fisher), but the pick up of Whitworth was freaking huge for Goffs development.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I hear ya man. I was lobbying for it too on my old message board. I was upset when they didn’t take one early.

I then thought they lucked out on Dak..... but that doesn’t seem to be the case unless some kind of drastic change happens.
Dak is a great backup and still could be.