TNF Thread Vikings vs Rams

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you have a terrible QB that player makes everything else look worse than it is. This is why QB is the most important position on the field. It impacts everything like no other position.

Just give the Cowboys a real QB and a lot of the issues you think they have improve immediately.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Our GM is dumb. You get no argument from me on that. My point is, nobody thought going into 2016 draft, Romo would never play again.
You don't give up a farm for a player that's going to sit for 3 years. Especially when you have so much holes elsewhere in your roster.

Also, Goff sucked under Fisher. In fact, if you go back and read the Rams forum in 2016, you'd see the same comments about him you see here about Dak. I doubt he'd look 1/2 as good here playing in JG's offense.

Plenty of people thought the end was near for Romo.

There’s also nothing wrong with sitting a talented QB for a year or two to develop. The Packers did it with Favre/Rodgers. What happened? They went from one hall of fame QB to another with no suffering in between.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
When you have a terrible QB that player makes everything else look worse than it is. This is why QB is the most important position on the field. It impacts everything like no other position.

Just give the Cowboys a real QB and a lot of the issues you think they have improve immediately.

Sounds good, but can we still get rid of Linehan and Garrett, too?

Asking for a friend.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
You must be drunk.

And you believe that if Dak Prescott can't produce here who can?

Um, someone with talent? An actual skill set to play the position in the NFL.
We had that with Romo with this owner and staff and we all saw how that worked out.

I get that you love Wentz and all and hate Prescott, but that is not the idea.

Wentz would be a turd in this scheme with these coaches and this organization.

rags747

Reaction score
Quite amazing how the consensus on Dak has changed in the first 3 games. Say something bad about Dak this summer and 90% of the board was coming back at you. Say something bad about Dak today and mostly the whole board chimes in in agreement.

Ken

Reaction score
Everyone having a field day at Dak's expense....none of Dallas's wr/te would play for these teams. Heck...we got austin as one of our best and the rams rouldnt wait to get rid of him.

Weapons matter...always have ..always will. We have none.

Reaction score
You must be drunk.

And you believe that if Dak Prescott can't produce here who can?

Um, someone with talent? An actual skill set to play the position in the NFL.
This coach cannot develop QB's. Period.

Romo played sandlot ball to win games. It cost him a lot of games too.

Garrett hasn't shown a speck of evidence that he can develop a QB.

I don't care how talented a QB is. He has to be properly developed and put in a system to maximize his abilities.

He would have gotten neither in Dallas.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is a great backup and still could be.

A great backup is a guy who can come in and start in a pinch and win you a game or two. He can effectively run the offense and move the football. Dak Prescott wouldn't be my ideal candidate for that position.

When you're a QB in the NFL and you can't throw the football you don't really have a role. You don't belong in the league.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Sigh. It sucks watching these teams play. Our QB and offense can barely score 20+ and these teams did it in the 1st half.

Jchilly

Reaction score
JG probably watching this game, totally plastered in his lazy boy, with a tear in the corner of his eye.

Zman5

Reaction score
Plenty of people thought the end was near for Romo.

There’s also nothing wrong with sitting a talented QB for a year or two to develop. The Packers did it with Favre/Rodgers. What happened? They went from one hall of fame QB to another with no suffering in between.

Packers didn't give up a farm to get Rodgers. Where they picked him, they got a great value for Rodgers. I'd have no issues if they picked Goff to sit for few years if we were picking later in the 1st and Goff dropped like Rogers.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This coach cannot develop QB's. Period.

Romo played sandlot ball to win games. It cost him a lot of games too.

Garrett hasn't shown a speck of evidence that he can develop a QB.

I don't care how talented a QB is. He has to be properly developed and put in a system to maximize his abilities.

He would have gotten neither in Dallas.

Romo was in year 5 when Garrett arrived. He was already developed. Prescott doesn't have talent to develop.

You are simply going full fan and lazily blaming the coach.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
A great backup is a guy who can come in and start in a pinch and win you a game or two. He can effectively run the offense and move the football. Dak Prescott wouldn't be my ideal candidate for that position.

When you're a QB in the NFL and you can't throw the football you don't really have a role. You don't belong in the league.
I understand but he’s at least shown the ability to win some games . Which is much more than we’ve had in recent years from a backup.