TNF Thread Vikings vs Rams

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Our GM is dumb. You get no argument from me on that. My point is, nobody thought going into 2016 draft, Romo would never play again.
You don't give up a farm for a player that's going to sit for 3 years. Especially when you have so much holes elsewhere in your roster.

Also, Goff sucked under Fisher. In fact, if you go back and read the Rams forum in 2016, you'd see the same comments about him you see here about Dak. I doubt he'd look 1/2 as good here playing in JG's offense.
Bro, Romo was 36 at the time and hadnt played a full season in 4 years. That pick was the highest pick we’ve had since we drafted Troy. There were two QBs at that the top of the draft that Cowboys easily couldve traded up for. Tennesee had the number 1 overall pick and didnt need a QB.

They brought in Goff for a Visit and spent an entire week coaching Wentz.

And you keep leaving out the fact that Jerry was goinf to trade a 2nd and a 3rd for Paxton Lynch. So they obviously were looking for Romo’s replacment.

Zman5

Reaction score
I mean that history has shown that not trading up for a QB was the wrong choice.

GM’s are supposed to make the right choice.

I disagree.. There are more 1st round QB busts than ones that actually turned out great.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
It's sad when the commentators are making fun of the gaffes made by the referees...

Playmaker247

Reaction score
It's amazing how fast they forget. The system worked pretty good until..... 4
Romo also had prime dez and a not old Jason witten. Coupled with a great o line. Dak has no wr’s, a dude named geoff as his TE, and average o line play at best. It’s really not a comparison

Reactions: Ken

Mobinvans

Reaction score
I disagree.. There are more 1st round QB busts than ones that actually turned out great.

There actually isnt very many 1st rpund "busts" at QB

Some QBs that were average...but straight busts arent that common

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Treadwell has had a lot of drops this year.
I wonder if they Dez him next off season.