TNF Thread Vikings vs Rams

Zman5

Reaction score
Bro, Romo was 36 at the time and hadnt played a full season in 4 years. That pick was the highest pick we’ve had since we drafted Troy. There were two QBs at that the top of the draft that Cowboys easily couldve traded up for. Tennesee had the number 1 overall pick and didnt need a QB.

They brought in Goff for a Visit and spent an entire week coaching Wentz.

And you keep leaving out the fact that Jerry was goinf to trade a 2nd and a 3rd for Paxton Lynch. So they obviously were looking for Romo’s replacment.

They were looking for Romo's replacement that would sit for few years. Romo was old but nobody thought 2015 would be his last year.
Heck, there are some here who think he can still play and want him back.

There is a huge difference in giving up a 2nd round pick and giving up multiple 1st picks for someone who is going to sit for few years.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Bro, Romo was 36 at the time and hadnt played a full season in 4 years. That pick was the highest pick we’ve had since we drafted Troy. There were two QBs at that the top of the draft that Cowboys easily couldve traded up for. Tennesee had the number 1 overall pick and didnt need a QB.

They brought in Goff for a Visit and spent an entire week coaching Wentz.

And you keep leaving out the fact that Jerry was goinf to trade a 2nd and a 3rd for Paxton Lynch. So they obviously were looking for Romo’s replacment.

I love Zeke. Love him.

But, let’s also call out the fact that, instead of moving for a QB. The cowboys drafted a RB. Even though the prior year, the Cowboys let Demarco go and tried selling us the “you can do RB by committee and not miss a beat”. Which failed.

And instead of learning from that lesson. The Cowboys then cut Dez this year and tried feeding us the “you don’t need a #1 WR. A committee is fine.

Does that mean a top 5 pick is being spent on WR this year? I’ll have a stroke if that happens. o_O

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I wonder if we could sign Treadwell if the Vikings release him.

He seems to be the kind of WR we like.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
It simply can’t be this easy! How do all these plays work? It’s not even like it’s terrible defense.

Chappy

Reaction score
Whoevers defense decides to stand up will win this game.

Both offences looking very potent.

Zman5

Reaction score
There actually isnt very many 1st rpund "busts" at QB

Some QBs that were average...but straight busts arent that common

Jamarcus Russell
Akli Smith
Ryan Leaf
Tim Couch
Brady Quinn
Matt Leinart
Johny Manziel